Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:35 PM

1,511 posts, read 981,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amichel View Post
Well, according to your own previous posts, immigrants are coming here for a better opportunity. I guess we're not so bad after all, then?
our dollar is worth much more than the peso. that is why theyre coming here. it makes sense to put up with the harsh criticisms and illegalities if they can actually make a living and take advantage of social welfare programs. the social welfare programs is one of the positive things about the country.

Quote:
And who is?

hard to say. neutral countries seem to have the most intelligent approach to war: avoiding it. members of the UN who only engage in war when it is agreed upon, and who follow the orders of the geneva convention would be another example.

Quote:
Of course it is. It is always someone else's fault.

i didnt say that. in the case of payment for services rendered, the choice of payment rendered is at the discretion of the employer. that is common sense.

Quote:
A small proportion.

what do you define as small? do you have a sourced statistic?

Quote:
I guess you could always immigrate to a better country.

i wish i had the financial means. norway looks nice. so does france.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 09:43 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,282,413 times
Apparently this topic is all discussed out. If you have anything pertinent to the topic, instead of chit chat, feel free to post.

If the topic is not discussed, I will delete and then close the thread.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:50 PM

well i just stand by my belief that the laws of this country are not infallible. those that use the defense that immigrants do not deserve compassion if they are here "illegally" should not be so quick to attack them for receiving services as mandated by law. if we cant argue the morality of the immigration laws, nothing should be fair game.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:55 PM

273 posts, read 250,566 times
Ghost, you must be lonely guy to post here so much....but you're among friends nonetheless.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:56 PM

ive got my reasons

Old 10-17-2007, 12:33 AM

87 posts, read 164,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
great country? the country that had slavery, segregation, and was established after genocide of the natives? i guess thats your opinion.

the united states is hardly the poster boy for following rules of war.

employer's fault.

aka basic HUMAN rights.

untrue. even today, illegals pay taxes and contribute to SS.

god bless america. lies and pies.
...wait, in order to contribute to social security they have to LIE about their SS #'s. That's punishable under federal law.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:03 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,347,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deportallofthem View Post
...wait, in order to contribute to social security they have to LIE about their SS #'s. That's punishable under federal law.
It is punishable under federal law, but how many illegals actually go to jail for id theft? None. Only Americans who commit that crime go to jail.

Two sets of rules in this country. Illegals break laws and almost always get away with it. Americans are punished and go to jail. Terrible.

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-17-2007 at 09:03 AM..

Old 10-17-2007, 09:03 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,282,413 times
What is your source for the statement that id theft done by illegal immigrants is not punished with jail time? It is contrary to what I'm seeing in Northern California.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:28 AM

3,674 posts, read 10,626,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
ive got my reasons
Are you here illegally, or is it someone in your family? I am curious as to what reasons you have that motivate your belief that we have such an obligation to provide comfort and assistance to people of other countries at the expense of the needy in our own country. Why you feel that if a law appears to be unjust to someone it is ok for them to disobey it without regard and still expect the other laws that benefit them be carried out.

I am all for legal immigration and I am even for temporary work visas so that those that wish to work but not become US citizens can go where the work is without breaking the law.

I am not in favor of ignoring our laws to benefit a select few, whether they be US citizens or not. I am not in favor of trying to provide recompense for injustices, real or imagined, that might have occurred during my fathers, grandfathers or great-grandfathers time. I am not in favor of creating a utopia for anyone, including US citizens at the expense of other US citizens.

I do wish that a solution can be found that permits those who feel they are not being allowed to reach their full potential can exercise their skills without becoming a parasite to others. I do wish that we can allow people to live where they desire legally and without sacrificing the constraints that enable a civilized life.

I think we do need to devise a method to protect ourselves from criminals, both homegrown and imported, and if those criminals are imported we need to deport them and keep them out.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:19 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,347,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
What is your source for the statement that id theft done by illegal immigrants is not punished with jail time? It is contrary to what I'm seeing in Northern California.

I am glad that you are seeing that in Northern California and I truly hope it starts to spread around the country . My source is the articles that I read everyday about illegal aliens committing crimes-seldom do the charges include id fraud. I read numerous articles about these crimes a day. I have heard illegal alien groups say that they do not steal ss numbers they "borrow" them.

There are about 38 million illegals here-to work they need id. We hear that they are hard workers and "feeding thier family" is their only crime. My point was how many of them are going to go to jail for ID fraud? Hardly any. We let illegal aliens who rape little girls free(Newark NJ case). These are people who broke the law just coming here so that in of itself shows that they are held to a different set of rules than Americans are. They are not held accountable for that first crime. I guess that is the point I am trying to make. The government knows that any illegal alien working has committed id theft and refuses to do anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration