Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 05:50 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,440,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker Fallen Angel View Post
All of it I can agree with but the last. Not enough PAY.

Replacement is just fine for me too.
Really? they should consider immigrating to Mexico then, here doctors make a fortune!! specially if they are good, Although becoming a doctor is hard, if you want to be a surgeon you have to study for like 10 years, physicians like 8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 10:09 PM

323 posts, read 742,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Really? they should consider immigrating to Mexico then, here doctors make a fortune!! specially if they are good, Although becoming a doctor is hard, if you want to be a surgeon you have to study for like 10 years, physicians like 8
They make a fortune here too. Even our "small town" doctors drive Mercede's, Porsches. They make a fortune even if they are a lousy doctor. I've met a few of them. I've met a few really nice doctors that seem like they very much care about their patients health. Others could give a rats patoot. I guess thats everywhere tho.

I think I'll pass and take a rain check for immigrating to Mexico. I'll look at your pretty pictures when you post them.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:10 AM

1,573 posts, read 4,065,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Jobs Americans NEVER DID?..there's no such thing. Americans (even WHITE Americans) have picked cotton, dug ditches, raked asphalt, and mopped floors. But that's a long way from saying the typical American young person WILL do these jobs anymore. How would you like to run a large "maid service"--or a large landscaping service---or a fruit-packing plant, or a cannery--- staffed with 20-year old Americans? Good luck! If you could get them to even SHOW UP five days in a row, you'd be doing good.
There are no jobs American's won't do. None. The pay just has to be right. America's youth aren't lazy, and if they are getting downtrodden and sullen looking, it is only because of the way that the powers-that-be have treated them: they don't matter. Companies don't want human beings as workers anymore, they want doormats. We need a labor movement back in this country, badly.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:54 PM

67 posts, read 256,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Legal immigrants should have a path to citizenship. Ilegal immigrants are in fact unfit to be Americans and should be punished under the law.

Having said that, we have just about doubled our population in the last fifty years. I say it's time we cut off legal immigration as well, which will force companies to start hiring Americans. There are very few jobs Americans won't do. Most companies just want to cut their labor costs so they hire illegals.
I beg to differ, My husband came here from his country (not mexico) on a student visa..legally..paid and was screened..now he is a resident legally..we worked hard and payed hard and spent many traveling hours..for him to get to this point and plan on getting his citizenship as soon as possible..I agree with the fact that illegals shouldn't be here it's a slap in people like us faces..that do things the right way.If he becomes a citizen sorry to inform you but he would have every right that you do except to become president..and I don't think he wants that job.lol..It would be un American to stop foreign people to come to this country legally!!..The ones like my educated husband do great things for MY country and I love him and I love MY country...

Old 12-02-2007, 03:57 PM

this is just a little off subject but with unemployement being at it's all time low...what difference does it make?..I mean obviously there plenty to go around for immigrants and citizens right?

Old 12-02-2007, 04:09 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,953,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitty View Post
this is just a little off subject but with unemployement being at it's all time low...what difference does it make?..I mean obviously there plenty to go around for immigrants and citizens right?
Can you cite the source on your claim of American unemployment being at its all time low?

Old 12-02-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Can you cite the source on your claim of American unemployment being at its all time low?
this is what politicians keep saying and I've never had a problem with getting a job.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitty View Post
this is what politicians keep saying and I've never had a problem with getting a job.
On this forum, we like to find out the source before we claim anything .

Old 12-02-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
There are no jobs American's won't do. None. The pay just has to be right. America's youth aren't lazy, and if they are getting downtrodden and sullen looking, it is only because of the way that the powers-that-be have treated them: they don't matter. Companies don't want human beings as workers anymore, they want doormats. We need a labor movement back in this country, badly.
There is no money for the pay for all jobs to be, just right. This is a capitalist country, we are for maximizing profits by any means necessary. Why would anyone pay someone $15/h to work at McDonalds? That is just unrealistic.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
On this forum, we like to find out the source before we claim anything .
lol okay will do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration