Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 02:48 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,443,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Application and processing fees are not that expensive even by Mexican or Filipino standards. Hardly a hinderance to legal immigration. I suspect the reason for ignoring the legal route is the time it takes to get in line and wait your turn.
And that's the truth.

If there IS a demonstrated need for laborers, companies (at least in the skilled professions) often sponsor and pay for visa and application fees for workers.

Illegal immigration works exactly the opposite way immigration laws were intended: Instead of "secure a job, then come here," it is "come here, wait on the corner for some cheap housewife to pick you up to do gardening."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 03:06 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,722,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paprika View Post
you may be right. it probably is a bad analogy. something i thought of in 20 seconds and typed it.

but that still doesn't change the fact that the forum user ( i forget and i'm not interested in his name) that says "hey the mexicans kill immigrants why can't we?"

the user that says that is completely out of his mind.

What I mean is protect our borders! Have our National guard patroling the Northern and Southern border and treat anyone as hostile. Warn them first and then shoot if they dont comply. What's wrong with that? They are not going to shoot anyone if they dont think its a valid reason right? Did you know that the drug trafickers shoot at border patrol everyday?

What part of "international boundary" dont you understand??

Old 10-27-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Not everyone has the money to apply for apply for legal citizenship.
This is my point! ITS NOT YOUR RIGHT TO COME TO THE USA! Its a privilage of those who can and will do it LEGALLY!

Old 10-27-2007, 03:10 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,573,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
What part of "international boundary" dont you understand??
I think everyone understands the "international" part---but some of us have problems comprehending a "boundary"....

Old 10-27-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
People in Mexico make about $10.. the legal way. On top of that they have expenses and a family.
Average wage for a Filipino is about $4 US per day. That's about 200 Pesos. Some a lot less.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:12 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,957,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
Average wage for a Filipino is about $4 US per day. That's about 200 Pesos. Some a lot less.
They don't really care if they should be here or not. They want money to give their families a better life.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:17 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,443,500 times
Quote:
They don't really care if they should be here or not. They want money to give their families a better life.
So can I come into your apartment, take off with your TV and pawn it so I can "give my family a better life"?

Old 10-27-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:

Mr Logic...

Let me give you a Logical point of view. When I talk about Filipinos that are poor. They are poor! but they are not in any immidiate danger. Even though they dont have a lot of money, they still eat! A lot of Filipinos that live in the rural areas can fend for themselves. They dont need a "supermarket" to go get food. They go fishing, harvest fruits and vegies and they sell the excess at the local market. Even though they want to give their families a better life, a lot of them are happy with what they have.. "they really dont know any better", "or if America's pastures are greener".

I know some are starving, some are sick but that is just life. Its not fair! A country like the US cannot sustain all the worlds problems. This is why they have made a way for LEGAL immigration. Those who wait in line will benifit what the USA can offer someone. I have family members that do not want to come to the USA because they think our way of life is "harder". They think the US is very expensive and they dont feel like assimilating to another culture that is not in their "comfort zone". Basically they are happy with what they have and they are gratefull they have shelter, food and clothing.

I dont know how the Mexican people live, but I know they are not poorer than the Philippines. Both governments are corupt and both societies are very similar because of the value system that the Spanish put forth. Its a Patriarchal society if you want to get technical.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And that's the truth.

If there IS a demonstrated need for laborers, companies (at least in the skilled professions) often sponsor and pay for visa and application fees for workers.

Illegal immigration works exactly the opposite way immigration laws were intended: Instead of "secure a job, then come here," it is "come here, wait on the corner for some cheap housewife to pick you up to do gardening."

I know many Indian/Pakistani people that have come to the Silicon Valley for work using the Sponsor Visa program. It sure works for both ends, benifits the immigrant and the company that has hired them. It also holds the company responsible for that worker, just like any immigrant that comes here must have a sponsor and fill out an "affidavit of support"

Old 10-27-2007, 06:00 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,428,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paprika View Post
you may be right. it probably is a bad analogy. something i thought of in 20 seconds and typed it.

but that still doesn't change the fact that the forum user ( i forget and i'm not interested in his name) that says "hey the mexicans kill immigrants why can't we?"

the user that says that is completely out of his mind.
please re read my post, I had never said that we should go around shooting people coming into our country, what I was showing was the hypocrisy of the Mexican Government, they say that we should allow their citizens to come into our country free and clear, but yet shoot and kill anyone going acrost there borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration