Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:59 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times

Advertisements

First my wife is a legal immigrant. What motivates me and causes me to look at politicians closely for their stand on illegals?
When I see a mass of illegals protesting to get special consideration as a reward for their disregarding our laws, disrespecting our citizens and demanding us to change to better accommodate them. Is this not unlike a prison riot and convicts demanding HBO and better gyms?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 04:50 PM

208 posts, read 412,276 times
What motivates my views on immigration?

REALITY

To go from happy, clean safe neighborhood to seeing baggy pants, tattoed, shave head, sideways cap wearing thugs everywhere will certainly change your view point. Throw in some gang graffiti and the fact that you have to pay an arm and leg for medical care but these guys get it virtually or completely free will truly open your eyes!!!

Let's look at our mall shall we? It used to be a really nice safe place to go out with the family. Things have changed since. Now, you see gangsta thugs in packs all over the mall. They stare at 13 year old girls as if they're going to abduct them. They purposely try to intimidate soccer moms and seniors. I came up out of an elevator pushing my baby in her stroller and one of these guys gets in front of me staring me down like he's going to take a swing at me. I had never seen this guy in my life.

Look at the local walmart. The parking lot is full of trash now. Groups of these people move around in packs purposely trying to intimidate everyone.

Etc.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:06 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palpatein View Post
What motivates my views on immigration?

REALITY

To go from happy, clean safe neighborhood to seeing baggy pants, tattoed, shave head, sideways cap wearing thugs everywhere will certainly change your view point. Throw in some gang graffiti and the fact that you have to pay an arm and leg for medical care but these guys get it virtually or completely free will truly open your eyes!!!

Let's look at our mall shall we? It used to be a really nice safe place to go out with the family. Things have changed since. Now, you see gangsta thugs in packs all over the mall. They stare at 13 year old girls as if they're going to abduct them. They purposely try to intimidate soccer moms and seniors. I came up out of an elevator pushing my baby in her stroller and one of these guys gets in front of me staring me down like he's going to take a swing at me. I had never seen this guy in my life.

Look at the local walmart. The parking lot is full of trash now. Groups of these people move around in packs purposely trying to intimidate everyone.

Etc.
The gang problem is more of a problem among the immigrant youth. Meaning the children of the immigrants who are actually U.S citizens under the 14th amendment.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Imho the problem is just that, using force to build that culture, that way will never work, it would have to happen naturally, and that is starting to happen slowly, new underground global cultures are being born as you and I have this conversation, they are still very small and that's why you haven't spotted or heard about them, but they exist and imho they are the seed of what's coming in some years.

We live in a dual world, where opposing forces exist, those of good those of evil, we all know that, but what are we doing to improve the situation? some people just want to leave a happy life, but what if what you hold dear is vanishing? this seems to be the case with all the people concerned with illegal immigration.

But could it be that negative energy will be the way to solve it? isn't there a better solution? I'm no one to decide or say that, but we can come to the forum and talk about it!
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः। सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।
सर्वे भद्राणि पश्यन्तु। मा कश्चित् दुःख भाग्भवेत्॥

Om, May all be happy. May all be healthy. May we all experience what is good and let no one suffer. Om, Peace, Peace, Peace!

नमस्ते - Namaste

Texas was a cultural merging of sorts -- and it broke away from Mexico and joined up with the USA -- but there are still some who resent that. I could see certain northern states of Mexico doing something similar to what Texas did because the culture of the north and south Mexico is different enough. That could happen if Mexico sees a civil war that divides it.

Along the border in Mexico for example -- many people have long ago accepted the dollar as their currency and have a more American outlook. But all of Mexico all at once giving up it's ways and becoming gringo? I don't see it.

And the tendency really is to divide up -- just like the Spanish empire once did, and the British empire. So when this NAU is formed -- instead of Independence Days do we have Dependence Days instead?

Old 01-28-2008, 09:25 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
[/indent]Om, May all be happy. May all be healthy. May we all experience what is good and let no one suffer. Om, Peace, Peace, Peace!

नमस्ते - Namaste
And remember -- even though it was John Lennon who sang "what if there were no countries" and all that other peacenik stuff -- it was John Lennon who split up the Beatles.

Peace is really about different cultures/countries respecting each others' borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration