Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 11:24 AM

424 posts, read 468,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I agree. We're being pissed on by our government yet again and being sold down the river for cheap labor from mostly uneducated peasants, many of whom do not even speak English.

Are these really the kind of people we want staying here? Do people even understand the knock-on effects from this cohort sending their children to school? It's not like their kids are going to grow up to be brain surgeons and engineers in large numbers...no no no. A child's success has a hell of a lot to do with the educational attainment of his/her parents, and a lot of these illegals dropped out of elementary school. We'll be looking at another generation of burger flippers and landscapers, though they won't even get that far since as U.S. citizens they'll be less desirable as employees than the next wave of illegal peasants. And if people think that next wave isn't coming, they're idiots.

I realize that DOMA hasn't been thrown out yet, but how incredibly convenient that this bill is being rushed through at breakneck speed, as if lives were at stake, before the SCOTUS has a chance to rule on DOMA and immigration issues for binational same-sex couples all of a sudden become a topic that requires addressing. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Basically what that tells me is that, at least to the government, heterosexual Hispanic illegals > homosexual American citizens/LPRs/legal immigrants.

Gotcha.

Thanks for clearing that one up, Congress. Here's a middle finger I found in my pocket...just for you.
A good point that's ignored by most of the dreamies. They claim the "human capital" the government will legalize will be very valuable in the future. A huge asset. But here's a high school on the west side of Chicago in a neighborhood that's mostly Mexican and largely known as a port of entry neighborhood. So it's probably representative of how well the children of the peasant class are doing.

FARRAGUT CAREER ACADEMY HS: School Profile

It's performing badly with only 20% meeting or exceeding the State PSAE standard. It's hard to get data on how many go to college but I cannot imagine very many with those kind of scores and in that kind of 'hood. So unless it's by picking lettuce or working in a car wash, I'm having trouble seeing how these dreamies will contribute to the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 11:49 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,606,222 times
They'll just ask the Democrat party...I'm sure they have records of them voting.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,758,067 times
Obviously there is not much of a background check being done on even those that came legally or as refugees as we see with the Chechnyan refugees that just bombed Boston. The older brother was making all kinds of anti-American statements, was very unhappy about the USA being in the Middle East but obviously not too unhappy with the Middle East being in the USA.

For the sake of innocent Americans, this kind of open borders crap needs to stop.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:11 PM

26,660 posts, read 28,733,368 times
Those guys came here as kids so no background check would have been possible.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:26 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,874,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't support it, and they won't be doing much of any kind of background check.

The illegals are being expected to pay a mere $500 fine for having broken the laws of this country and that wouldn't begin to pay for any kind of background check.
The only check they will have is asking PROVEN liars to spew out new and improved lies.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:26 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,952,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
Do you support the comprehensive immigration reform bill as developed by the GANG OF EIGHT?

Then answer me this:

They said that all illegal aliens who arrived before 12/31/11 can apply for a special temporary protected status. With up to 20 million illegals in America who could apply for this status, many who use fake identities, how will their backgrounds be investigated? They used a number of fake Social Security Numbers and did not stay long in each job, how will we know what their back taxes should be? Even if we knew, how could we get them to pay? Do they have thousands sitting in a bank account somewhere?
You may not be aware the undocumented aliens have lots of legal lawful documents. School records of their children will be used. Rent leases, bank accounts, water and electrical bills, insurance premiums, driver's licences, HHS benefits, Hospital records...list goes on.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:42 PM

63,010 posts, read 29,216,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You may not be aware the undocumented aliens have lots of legal lawful documents. School records of their children will be used. Rent leases, bank accounts, water and electrical bills, insurance premiums, driver's licences, HHS benefits, Hospital records...list goes on.
So then that means that they aren't "undocumented".

Old 04-21-2013, 05:53 AM

318 posts, read 567,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Various organizations that create false documents for the current illegal aliens will be gearing up to create fake documents, as described above, so these law breakers can get amnesty. With an expected 10-20 million illegal aliens expected to apply for the amnesty, the government won't have time to check if these documents are real.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:33 AM

50,405 posts, read 47,145,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
A good point that's ignored by most of the dreamies. They claim the "human capital" the government will legalize will be very valuable in the future. A huge asset. But here's a high school on the west side of Chicago in a neighborhood that's mostly Mexican and largely known as a port of entry neighborhood. So it's probably representative of how well the children of the peasant class are doing.

FARRAGUT CAREER ACADEMY HS: School Profile

It's performing badly with only 20% meeting or exceeding the State PSAE standard. It's hard to get data on how many go to college but I cannot imagine very many with those kind of scores and in that kind of 'hood. So unless it's by picking lettuce or working in a car wash, I'm having trouble seeing how these dreamies will contribute to the economy.
I can walk down the street and see the same thing in our local schools. Almost none of these kids live within 15 miles of these schools. We'd be nutz to send our kids to these poor performing schools. I feel sorry for the Teachers.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:48 PM

559 posts, read 1,357,220 times
I'm thinking as a born and raised US citizen, I should get in the illegal immigrant line so that I can get a second idenity. I can use this second idenity for DMV stops and for credit cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration