Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 07:51 PM

50 posts, read 38,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; many kids raised in the US but born elsewhere to NON US citizen parents have been deported. Not just Hispanic kids.

If you want to try to "deport" me because I want my country's borders controlled, have at it. I ain't breaking any laws.

I don´t care what ethnicity or documented origin they are. If they live here since youth, they are essentially American. Most people agree with this.

I take it a step further, because such a view to deport a children who are American by default often to unknown countries is simply a variety of immoral labels.

As an Afghan war vet who served with such people of that background(who were later given residency citizenship) I have no problem calling anyone who holds that view a terrorist.

The Taliban think of Children in the same regard, whether forcing family separations or murdering family members. So yeah, if you want to harm innocents such as children, I consider you a terrorist worthy of deportation to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 07:52 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,672,823 times
going up on he 3rd amnesty. each time they promised to secure the borders. liars.
firing civil servants that refuse to enforce the law they swore to uphold--- would save a bundle.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:59 PM

166 posts, read 247,403 times
Arrow say what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantHuman View Post
Not all kids learn their parents native tongue. Are you kidding me?

Deporting kids, essentially defacto American kids to an largely unknown country of origin with a language barrier is a pretty good example of terrorism in my book. Screwing up lives that badly, and as I can tell from your posts out of anger and hate is primary aspect of terrorism.

Especially since so many have gone out of their to expand the definition of terrorism and terrorist, i don´t have a problem calling anyone with a desire to destroy lives that.
You know who 'destroyed' their lives? Their parents who brought them to our country knowing they were breaking laws to do so. We're not advocating sending children home alone. They can be sent back the same way they came here...together. As for the those 'children' who are now adults, they need to take responsibility for staying here after they were aware that it was illegal to do so. At some point you have to grow up and accept responsibility for your own actions.
They're not 'defacto' anything, they're illegal aliens. You claim that we are "terrorists" for wanting to send these children to an 'unkown country of origin with a language barrier' . What do you think their parents did? Now, who is the terrorist??

Old 04-24-2013, 08:06 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,496,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal is illegal. I don't care how they got here. Our laws state they should be deported. It's nonsense that these so-called kids only speak English. They would know their parent's native language otherwise how would they have communicated with them pre-school? The whole family needs to go back to their homelands where they belong.

I resent your remarks that this equates to a terrorist threat or that citizens who want our immigration laws enforced are scumbags and should be deported. Are you kidding me?

Old Glory, it has changed. Illegal means illegal entry is accepted, and once here! we shall reward you! Welcome mat and all.

Citizens who want immigration laws enforced, Are the ones who have pride and glory in this Country!

Plain and simple!

Old Glory today, rules and laws are not followed, but scare tactics, bullish remarks, blalckmail, are used in force by this fudgin whack job adminsitration.

Reid, is a fudgin you know, when he uses scare tactics and Republicians when he makes remarks why cancer research etc etc etc, has to stop. I resent this remark since i had a father who died and not from a party affiliation. But due to smoking, that friggin scumbag.

I hate people who constantly blame the other side, when they most likely cannot look themself in the mirror

Janet Pelosi, the whole gang, are nothing but bad liars.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:07 PM

50 posts, read 38,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ten View Post
You know who 'destroyed' their lives? Their parents who brought them to our country knowing they were breaking laws to do so. We're not advocating sending children home alone. They can be sent back the same way they came here...together. As for the those 'children' who are now adults, they need to take responsibility for staying here after they were aware that it was illegal to do so. At some point you have to grow up and accept responsibility for your own actions.
They're not 'defacto' anything, they're illegal aliens. You claim that we are "terrorists" for wanting to send these children to an 'unkown country of origin with a language barrier' . What do you think their parents did? Now, who is the terrorist??
So according to you since the parents did that, the child or now aged adult should be punished per the law.

I doubt you hold similar views on abortion.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:16 PM

166 posts, read 247,403 times
Quote:
So according to you since the parents did that, the child or now aged adult should be punished per the law.

I doubt you hold similar views on abortion.

You would be wrong! I think the parents in both cases carry the full reponsibilty for their actions. In the case of the 'now aged adult' .....umm, I think it's too late to consider abortion.
Look, I'm not about 'punishing' the child dragged here against their will, but I don't think they should be rewarded for their parent's illegal acts either. Can you name me one other crime where we reward the children of the criminal? Do bank robber's kids get special treatment? Rapists kids??
All of this is beside the fact that merely sending a child (WITH it's parents) back to their country of origin is hardly punishment. Do you lock your doors? Car Doors? House doors? Or are you ok with anyone coming in anytime they please? to do whatever they please?

Old 04-24-2013, 10:05 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,960,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ten View Post
You would be wrong! I think the parents in both cases carry the full reponsibilty for their actions. In the case of the 'now aged adult' .....umm, I think it's too late to consider abortion.
Look, I'm not about 'punishing' the child dragged here against their will, but I don't think they should be rewarded for their parent's illegal acts either. Can you name me one other crime where we reward the children of the criminal? Do bank robber's kids get special treatment? Rapists kids??
All of this is beside the fact that merely sending a child (WITH it's parents) back to their country of origin is hardly punishment. Do you lock your doors? Car Doors? House doors? Or are you ok with anyone coming in anytime they please? to do whatever they please?
."MilitantHuman" got banned. I'm guessing its posts pissed off a Moderator.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:02 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,882,318 times
Quote:
Not all kids learn their parents native tongue. Are you kidding me?

Deporting kids, essentially defacto American kids to an largely unknown country of origin with a language barrier is a pretty good example of terrorism in my book. Screwing up lives that badly, and as I can tell from your posts out of anger and hate is primary aspect of terrorism.

Especially since so many have gone out of their to expand the definition of terrorism and terrorist, i don´t have a problem calling anyone with a desire to destroy lives that.
What a PATHETIC sob story, When do we start deporting their ILLEGAL parents ???

Old 04-25-2013, 07:03 AM

18,774 posts, read 18,274,595 times
This is all a problem of respect for the law. I don't want to hear any sob story about the poor, innocent, kids. For one thing; they are not all innocent. All have at least committed the crime of illegally entering our country. Some are gang members. Some are involved with drugs. And all of them want something for nothing – they did not work or pay into the system (or were even asked to do so).

Yes; our country needs immigrants – ones that follow the law and proper procedures. We do not need anybody that makes their own laws or turns a blind eye to our laws. The parents are the ones that should be admonished for setting a bad example for their offspring – it is not up to the American taxpayer to pick up the tab.

We are not fighting wars overseas so that we have open borders at home. If we are going to protect our citizens; we have to have structure (laws and enforcement).

Old 04-25-2013, 07:19 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,522,951 times
Considering those around here who claim to dislike her, that's a signal to me that she's doing a very good job.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration