Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 05:52 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,511,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
hope i am managing to keep on topic. a good post i will rep for this one.
admin does not want to stop illegal immigration because its good for mexico and good for the usa economy.
hillary and others are trying to legalize a black market system. but they have not found a way to do it.
illegal immigration, out resourcing and exporting jobs hurts american workers but american workers are strong anti union and very loyal to the company.
(even if its now kelly girl and mcdonalds)
this will change when they get poor. everyone seems to have forgotten oakies picking peaches for 5 cents a bushel in california. amazing how the good life causes amnesia.
thanks good post. hope i did not ramble too much.
How are illegals good for the USA economy? You must mean for the businesses that don't pay much. As far as the citizens, it costs us big bucks to pay for illegals healthcare and other social entitlements. It's bankrupting us and closing many hospitals. Vist the immigration section for more on the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 05:53 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,511,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I am so disappointed that hillary clinton did not have the backbone to say that giving drivers' licenses to illegals is wrong. chris dodd had the best response by saying that driving is a privilege. haven't we always had that hammered into our heads since we were 15? if i could find a republican or independent who is pro-gay rights, pro choice, i would SO like to cast my first non-democratic presidential ( dem since 1984) vote for that person. hillary, please reverse your opinion!
Guiliani is pretty socially liberal. Have you checked him out? I believe he is pro choice. Not sure about pro-gay but like I said he seems to be pretty liberal.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:12 PM

327 posts, read 755,998 times
Well it isn't like not having a drivers license right now prevents them from driving.....WITHOUT insurance. I don't think it'd make much of a difference.

Maybe I should let my drivers license expire and go without insurance and see if I could get away with it. Oh wait, I'm not breaking the law by being here, so I guess I'd better not chance it.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:20 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,883,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I am so disappointed that hillary clinton did not have the backbone to say that giving drivers' licenses to illegals is wrong. chris dodd had the best response by saying that driving is a privilege. haven't we always had that hammered into our heads since we were 15? if i could find a republican or independent who is pro-gay rights, pro choice, i would SO like to cast my first non-democratic presidential ( dem since 1984) vote for that person. hillary, please reverse your opinion!
Oh, so you'd like her to do the old Kerry flip flop and now say the opposite of what she has already stated? No, she is as wrong on this issue as she is wrong on everything else.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:35 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,445,333 times
I thought "flip flop" was the nickname they have planned for Romney?

Or will they use my suggestion of "Captain Sacred Underpants"?

Old 10-31-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I thought "flip flop" was the nickname they have planned for Romney?

Or will they use my suggestion of "Captain Sacred Underpants"?
I don't have a clue WHAT you're talking about with Romney, but I do believe no one will EVER top Kerry for the worst flip flopper in political history.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:05 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,445,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
I don't have a clue WHAT you're talking about with Romney, but I do believe no one will EVER top Kerry for the worst flip flopper in political history.

Mitt Romney: Flip flop on abortion, gays, and immigration.

That's 2 more things than the one thing Kerry "arguably" flip flopped on.

Oh, I'm sorry. It's an "evolution of thought" when a Republican changes position to jockey for votes, but a "flip flop" when Democrats do it. Isn't that how it works in Swiftboat land?

Edit: Oh yeah. Flip flop on Stem Cell research as well.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:28 PM

10,260 posts, read 15,976,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Her comments really don't matter on this issue. In California, where I moved last year, I had to get an original copy of my birth certificate to obtain a license, they didn't take my Ohio license nor Social Security card as adequate IDs' After obtaining a copy of the original certificate, they contacted the state to verify authenticity prior to my taking the drivers test.

Hillary can't change this, it is California's prerogative to do this screening process. It allows California to have a certain amount of integrity in using the license as a quasi ID card.
NewtoCA, I assume you are not a Mexican.

They will be that tough to other Americans - whites, blacks, Asians - but if the guy working at the place is Mexican they will definitely help their own people out.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:34 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,958,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
NewtoCA, I assume you are not a Mexican.

They will be that tough to other Americans - whites, blacks, Asians - but if the guy working at the place is Mexican they will definitely help their own people out.
There's actually been studies about that. Whites are the most favored race when it comes to hiring regardless of the employers racial background.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Mitt Romney: Flip flop on abortion, gays, and immigration.

That's 2 more things than the one thing Kerry "arguably" flip flopped on.

Oh, I'm sorry. It's an "evolution of thought" when a Republican changes position to jockey for votes, but a "flip flop" when Democrats do it. Isn't that how it works in Swiftboat land?

Edit: Oh yeah. Flip flop on Stem Cell research as well.
HAHAHAHAHA!! There wasn't one issue Kerry DIDN'T change back and forth on! Wow short memory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration