Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:05 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Ha, Ha, Ha..... is this your own "imaginary" legislation???..... LOL
Your fear is showing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 03:53 PM

50,484 posts, read 47,254,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
I find it difficult to believe there are children who speak only English, but whose parents speak only Spanish. If the parents speak only Spanish, the children speak Spanish too. Otherwise, how do they communicate at home? The children would learn Spanish just by hearing their parents converse.
They must communicate by pointing at pictures in books.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:19 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,051,447 times
Quote:
Since the US doesn't allow dual citizenship, all those who claim dual citizenship with Mexico, should be stripped of their US citizenship.
The US does allow dual citizenship. I have it and the US is aware of it. American born children of Mexican parents need to appply for Mexican citizenship if they so desire to become a citizen of Mexico.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:55 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,679,859 times
yes exactly. the US does allow dual citizenship. naturalized citizens are now given the opportunity to obtain dual cit.

man i try to stay out of these threads.

i didnt post the first time for a reason.
but hey every chance we get we must challenge mis-information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
The US does allow dual citizenship. I have it and the US is aware of it. American born children of Mexican parents need to appply for Mexican citizenship if they so desire to become a citizen of Mexico.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:53 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,911,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
He That Giveth, Shall Taketh Away.

Well in all honesty the kids are better off anyway, they will take the knowledge given in America and hopefully apply it in life. I know I would.

However, I think this will prove to be something in future, these children could grow up very angry at the United States.
There will be more people angry if they stay.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:05 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,180,424 times
<<yes exactly. the US does allow dual citizenship. naturalized citizens are now given the opportunity to obtain dual cit.>>

I stand corrected. I was unaware that had changed.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:12 PM

50,484 posts, read 47,254,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
There will be more people angry if they stay.
Slightly. I can't wait for the next batch of Mexican flag waving morons to take to the streets of large US Cities.

They may as well be waving Iranian flags at this point after the poison pill they pushed the last time.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:12 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,959,238 times
Some Info....

Have in front of me a copy of a Mexican Birth Certificate issued by the Mexican Consulate for my Great Grandson who was born in Calif.

My Grandaughter was born in Calif. while the father was a Mexican citizen via birth.

They both applied at the Mexican Consulate for a Mexican Birth Certificate and having the proof of parents/ paternal/maternal grandparents from Mexico a Mexican Birth Certificate was issued...thus the boy has a Dual Citizenship and TWO birth Certificates.

This does simplify matters for me as I have property/house in Baja that can be transferred over into my Great Grandsons name saving a hassle after my demise.

Steve

Old 09-05-2009, 05:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,801,001 times
Quote:
<<yes exactly. the US does allow dual citizenship. naturalized citizens are now given the opportunity to obtain dual cit.>>

I stand corrected. I was unaware that had changed.
The USA has allowed it for some time, it was actually Mexico that only recently changed the laws as a way to encourage more of it's citizens to leave Mexico and obtain USA citizenship. This gives the Mexican government great power over the USA by millions of it's citizens voting in our elections and taking billions of dollars from here to send back to Mexico.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:40 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,735,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
I have read quite a few articles lately about hordes of illegals, mostly from Mexico, who are packing it up and heading back home. My question is; Many of these families have had children here in the United Stated who are technically American citizens. Will they be considered illegal aliens in Mexico? Will they be in danger of deportation?
Yeah will Mitt Romney be deported?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration