Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 10:45 AM

756 posts, read 2,001,540 times

Advertisements

Posted by' Mach50Thunderdart
I do care about those illegal immigrants from other countries too, I care because I see them all getting away scott free living in safe havens in the inner city and protected under the not-hispanic crowd.

I used to live in NYC I know there are huge pockets of illegal Irish in Woodside, Queens. I remember Americans LOVING them Irish, they would come to local markets and be coddled, local irish pubs would laugh with illegals like nothing. Would a raid ever happen in Woodside? Doubt it, Irish culture is embraced in America.

But Mexicans...Brazilians...Puerto Ricans, Columbians..not so much love shown towards them in America. Even though this side of the world is a majority hispanic countries, America has a real issue getting along with it.

So yes in my eyes Mexicans or Hispanics in general, are special in a way that they are looked at as the enemy, much of the time due to ignorance of hispanic culture and because many hispanics that come here from neighboring countries are not well to do.

So in your eyes it is ok to be here illegal if you are from mexico because they are special. what makes them so special that they can break laws?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 10:48 AM

Posted by' Willys, Can you tell the difference between a Mexican and an Arab? On the border? At midnite? Thru nite vision goggles? If he's running?

I can............................none!

Old 11-06-2007, 10:49 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,513,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
Posted by' Mach50Thunderdart
I do care about those illegal immigrants from other countries too, I care because I see them all getting away scott free living in safe havens in the inner city and protected under the not-hispanic crowd.

I used to live in NYC I know there are huge pockets of illegal Irish in Woodside, Queens. I remember Americans LOVING them Irish, they would come to local markets and be coddled, local irish pubs would laugh with illegals like nothing. Would a raid ever happen in Woodside? Doubt it, Irish culture is embraced in America.

But Mexicans...Brazilians...Puerto Ricans, Columbians..not so much love shown towards them in America. Even though this side of the world is a majority hispanic countries, America has a real issue getting along with it.

So yes in my eyes Mexicans or Hispanics in general, are special in a way that they are looked at as the enemy, much of the time due to ignorance of hispanic culture and because many hispanics that come here from neighboring countries are not well to do.

So in your eyes it is ok to be here illegal if you are from mexico because they are special. what makes them so special that they can break laws?
You really missed it. What makes all of the others so special that they don't have to worry about it if they did break the immigration laws?

My example was the Irish in Woodside, Queens whom have been there forever, will come right out and say they are illegal and American's protect them and embrace their culture.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:54 AM

You really missed it. What makes all of the others so special that they don't have to worry about it if they did break the illegal laws?

My example was the Irish in Woodside, Queens whom have been there forever, will come right out and say they are illegal and American's protect them and embrace their culture.

To me this is not so,I do not care where you come from if you broke the laws to get here you are wrong in need to be deported, yes the Irish to!

Old 11-06-2007, 11:00 AM

1,511 posts, read 979,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
JesisisLord, you seem to be a "nice guy"---but I have to nail you on this post. If they're ILLEGAL---meaning unchecked, uninvited, unknown as to their past history, or anything else...then how do you KNOW they "only want to work"?....how do you KNOW they "aren't al-Qaeda"? How do you know ANYTHING about them, since, by definition, they're "outside the system"?.

Common sense tells us the vast majority are simply looking for an improved lifestyle, of course. But they're still illegal, and they're still breaking the law.

MOST drunk drivers never hurt anyone at all...I'll bet it's less than 5% who actually "collide" with another vehicle. Nevertheless, we aggressively go after drunk drivers, and get them off the road. Not because the HAVE hurt others--but because the MIGHT.
bad analogy. there is nothing positive about drunk driving. immigration does carry many positives with it.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys View Post
Can you tell the difference between a Mexican and an Arab? On the border? At midnite? Thru nite vision goggles? If he's running?
can you spot the difference between an arab and a terrorist? at noon? if he's standing still?

Old 11-06-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
what made the european settlers so special that they could come here and commit crimes, bring disease, etc.?

its cultural evolution. survival. theyre not "special", theyre desperate.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
To me this is not so,I do not care where you come from if you broke the laws to get here you are wrong in need to be deported, yes the Irish to!
so if youre not indigenous, you need to leave? its safe to say the natives had their own set of social policies and rules. why do you think there was so much violence in the acquisition of the lands? obviously the original "lawmakers" had opposition to immigration.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:23 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,681,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
With all due respect for SimpleMan,

Let's clean house on the common scapegoats of Illegal Immigrants.

1. They inadverdently take American jobs, they cross illegally to have a better job not so they can steal an American's job.

2. There's enough white, black, asian people who commit crimes. Your stereotyping illegal immigrants as committing more crime than other groups.

3. Again another inadvertent consequence of illegal immigration, which is not a crime.

4. Back to answer 2, there's always bad apples with the good apples. Many illegal immigrant families just want to work and have a better life in the United States, nothing more, nothing more.
Illegal aliens are terrorists. They kill more Americans that al quada has.

The nice ones only violate our border laws, steal IDs, steal social security numbers, drive without a license or insurance, steal jobs from the very neediest of Americans, and give fake names and IDs at out ERs to steal thousands of dollars in medical care without ever intending on paying for it. These are the nice ones.

The not so nice ones also murder, rape, steal cars, molest children, and rob and terrorize American's, frequently in their very own homes. Illegal aliens have killed more Americans than al queda has. But whether or not the illegal aliens are the nice ones or the not so nice ones they are all criminals.

Just because we happen to have our own criminals here doesn't mean we have to import more from other countries. Just because we're stuck with our own criminals doesn't mean we have to bring in more. Every single illegal alien here is a criminal, and they do in fact commit more crimes than Americans in general, but that is not relevant, illegal aliens don't belong here.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Illegal aliens are terrorists. They kill more Americans that al quada has.
where did you get this information?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration