Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 03:01 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,756,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
He is just going off of what is says on the video:

minutemen berate charity workers
These guys are just trying to feed the poor and the SOS and Minutemen hassle them

People are always trying to discredit others on this forum, it is not like we are in court here.
So if I post video that states that La Raza is in cahoots with the KKK--just because it says so on the video title, I'm not required to make sure that I have an accurate source before I try to discredit La Raza's reputation that video?

Well, that makes shoving blatant falsehoods down the throats of the unsuspecting public ever so much easier....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 03:04 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,955,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Get your facts straight Pro. I know several of those people. They belong to another less politically correct anti-illegal immigration group called SOS. They are NOT Minutemen.

It pays to check your facts before you post. All anti-illegal immigration groups are NOT Minutemen!
Thats what the title of the video said, so I'll stick with that.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Well, that's a smart thing to do considering that whomever posted that video wouldn't know a Minuteman from a jar of Miracle Whip. The Minutemen are required to adhere to a very strict SOP-Standard Operating Procedure. If any person is found to violate the SOP, they are shown the door in no uncertain terms.

1. Minutemen are courteous to everyone with whom they come into contact, and never discriminate against anyone for any reason.
2. Minutemen do not respond to any taunts or harassment from outside agitators, and must never be present for duty or serve in any capacity if intoxicated.
3. Minutemen Observe, Report,Record, and Direct Border Patrol or other appropriate emergency or law enforcement agencies to suspected Illegal Aliens or Illegal Activities.
4. Minutemen do not verbally contact, physically gesture to or have any form of communications with suspected Illegal Aliens.
5. Minutemen follow the Standard Operating Procedures to the letter and spirit.
6. Minutemen follow all federal, state and local laws, understanding that we are being held to a higher standard by all.
7. Minutemen understand that, while our actions cannot stop illegal activities along the border, we can change world perception and national thought concerning Homeland and Border Security.
8. Minutemen monitor their behavior, the behavior of the people around them and the group as a whole to ensure compliance with the SOP and any instruction given by Minuteman Corps Leadership.
9. Minutemen leave no garbage behind and follow strict pack-in / pack-out procedures.
10. Minutemen respect the property rights of everyone, start no fires, never drive off road, and follow the directions of all law enforcement personnel.

A word of advice: you will be held responsible, not just by law enforcement, but by the rules of our society, of mankind. You can be guaranteed that the first response towards any irrational or illegal behavior will come from within your group of compatriots. We will hold each other accountable. Any volunteer who even hints at illegal activity will be quickly ostracized from the mission and will be reported to law enforcement. You will be removed from the mission and will have forever shamed yourself -- you will not be allowed to shame the mission. Personal responsibility, accountability and temperament are the keys to success.

There has been much hand wringing, not just by the media but also from within the rank and file of potential volunteers.

Think about it this way. With the ideals explained in the previous paragraphs, anyone with the intention of stepping over the line will now realize they will not get away with it. Any possible racist, unstable or misguided element will now realize they will not succeed.

Standard Operating Procedure for Minuteman Civil Defense Corps.

These people are not Minutemen. You can continue to believe so if you like, you can believe in the Easter Bunny if you want to...doesn't mean it's true. At the same time, you cry and moan about people's perceived injustices against illegal aliens, guess it makes you feel better to knowingly perpetrate an injustice against the Minutemen, eh?

Old 11-07-2007, 03:16 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,515,807 times
Oh now you are trying to say the Easter Bunny is not real???

=)

This board has gone bonkers.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Oh now you are trying to say the Easter Bunny is not real???

=)

This board has gone bonkers.
Hey, rabbits do NOT lay eggs. I just can't get behind an egg laying rabbit.

But I draw the liine at Santa Clause

Old 11-07-2007, 03:38 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,504,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
So what? Have you gotten to the Bill of Rights yet in your high school government class?
the thread maker did not request an opinion but i felt safe responding to your good post, you got rep.
its never about the crime is it? its always bout how the authorities handled the incident. in this case the autorities won't, so the citizens tried.
the sky is cryin
(sing it)

Old 11-07-2007, 04:45 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,245,682 times
I changed the title somewhat to better match up to the video itself.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:46 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,433,940 times
Quote:

You better not try that rationalization when you get to college and start doing term papers, lol.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:54 PM

78,552 posts, read 60,762,573 times
Quote:
Ouch. Stick to first sources (like if people in the video are wearing minuteman stuff, call themselves minutemen etc.).

Also, you shred your credibility when you say stuff like this...it's better to just stick to the facts and concede they *might* not be minutemen than to cling to a losing point. It shows a willingness to consider other viewpoints....and in turn others (that are rational) will extend you the same courtesy.

Best of luck.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:59 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,955,705 times
Wow.. people stop lashing at me... Really.. getting pretty annoying. I "Apologize" for going with the original name of the video and not something like "Anti-illegal protestors harass charity workers". Yeesh. Proceed with sharing your opinions now, the thread title has been changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration