Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 02:56 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,825 times

Advertisements

I posted this in another thread, but am intersted to see the reactions with it posted as it's own thread:

Here's a new scenario. Let's say Hilary actually gets elected (feeling like vomiting), and illegals get driver's licenses, including a class A truck driving license (I have no doubt they will not be limited to a class C if this happens). Now, millions of truck driving jobs across the Nation are now being taken over by illegal immigrants, putting a huge number of middle class Americans out of work, and encouraging vast numbers of more illegals coming into the country for these new job oppurtunies. Illegals who can't even read road signs because they refuse to learn English, most of which will have no truck driving experience, by the hundreds of thousands driving down the road with 80,000 pounds putting your family's safety at risk. Does this thought make anyone else sick? Do any of you who are pro-illegal not see it immoral to put possibly millions of Americans out of work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 03:08 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I posted this in another thread, but am intersted to see the reactions with it posted as it's own thread:

Here's a new scenario. Let's say Hilary actually gets elected (feeling like vomiting), and illegals get driver's licenses, including a class A truck driving license (I have no doubt they will not be limited to a class C if this happens). Now, millions of truck driving jobs across the Nation are now being taken over by illegal immigrants, putting a huge number of middle class Americans out of work, and encouraging vast numbers of more illegals coming into the country for these new job oppurtunies. Illegals who can't even read road signs because they refuse to learn English, most of which will have no truck driving experience, by the hundreds of thousands driving down the road with 80,000 pounds putting your family's safety at risk. Does this thought make anyone else sick? Do any of you who are pro-illegal not see it immoral to put possibly millions of Americans out of work?
This thought really scares me. The roads are already dangerous enough. We dont need illegal drivers to make it worse.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-07-2007 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: just make your point, don't get "cute" with hidden vulgar language

Old 11-07-2007, 03:40 AM

340 posts, read 745,198 times
Default Definitely give them a license...

I absolutely support giving them a license. In fact, we should advertise the "Free License to all Illegals" drive to get as many as them to show up on the specified day as possible. Once they start showing up, walk them through in large groups to the back door into the waiting buses, and ship MOD CUT back to their motherland..... Yep, I support it 100%.....

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-07-2007 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: language

Old 11-07-2007, 06:49 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,509,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post

I don't think Hillary will win. But if she did she couldn't allow drivers licenses to illegals because it's the state's issue not federal. But if all states started issuing them I think all hell would break loose because polls show somewhere between 72-88% of Americans don't want licenses issued to illegals. I don't know why those politicans for licenses don't think about the scenario you describe. I guess their more concerned about getting the illegals votes which is the whole reason to issue the licenses to begin with. What slime balls they are to have no regard for Americans.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:17 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,644,210 times
The larger immoral point is the tremendous safety hazard this will cause to our citizens on the roads, and to all the stopping points along these highways where the illegals stop to shop. Maybe they will shoot and/or rape a few people along the way. To say nothing of El Presidente Jorge and the NAU allowing the mexican truckers to freely drive across our country. He paved the way for the illegals to have licenses, IMO, by consenting to allow these truckers to come in. So can you blame the dummy in NY for following suit??

Old 11-07-2007, 10:28 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Why does anyone think that this isn't already happening? MK Concrete hired all illegal with no license, previous deportation records and at least four prior drunk driving convictions, and was driving his company-issued truck when he killed Amy Kortlang. You're fooling yourself if you don't think this is already happening.

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Metro -- 21 years in prison for drunken driver who killed
Suspect In Fatal Pileup Has 4 DUI Convictions - Local News Story - KNSD | San Diego (http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/10056196/detail.html - broken link)
Mother seeks justice for daughter killed in crash - North County Times - San Diego / County - (http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/10/31/news/sandiego/3_01_1410_30_06.txt - broken link)

Old 11-07-2007, 10:43 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,127,019 times
In Las Vegas a NESI [non english speaking individual] drove his 18 wheeler into the back of a line of cars in a construction zone....6 people died......

I have no idea if he was legal or illegal...but he was licensed to drive 18 wheelers by the state of Utah and was employeed by a Utah Company......

Old 11-07-2007, 11:13 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
I'm not aware of any Hillary platform to give illegals driver's licenses.

But I guess it's nice to see in advance the next great distortion that will be employed by the mighty anti-hillary smear machine!

BTW, what IS the law with regards to truckers from Canada or Mexico entering the US?

Old 11-07-2007, 11:19 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,127,019 times
From a post on 10/31/07

Anyone watch the democratic debate last night on MSNBC? They didn't play nice and pretty much ganged up on Hillary. But what really caught my attention was when they asked if she thought illegals should be given drivers license and she said that "it makes sense." So Hillary wants to reward illegal aliens with driver's license. What do you think of this?

So this is NOT a total distortion even tho it is NOT a part of her platform...it is her belief.....a moot point however since she doesn't have a snowballs chance in he@@ of getting in.....which will unfortunately assure a republican presidency [possibly fortunate if Fred gets in ]

Old 11-07-2007, 11:24 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
From a post on 10/31/07

Anyone watch the democratic debate last night on MSNBC? They didn't play nice and pretty much ganged up on Hillary. But what really caught my attention was when they asked if she thought illegals should be given drivers license and she said that "it makes sense." So Hillary wants to reward illegal aliens with driver's license. What do you think of this?

So this is NOT a total distortion even tho it is NOT a part of her platform...it is her belief.....a moot point however since she doesn't have a snowballs chance in he@@ of getting in.....which will unfortunately assure a republican presidency [possibly fortunate if Fred gets in ]

She was NOT asked if illegals should get driver's licenses. She was asked whether she agreed with the governor of NY's decision to give illegals driver's licenses, and gave a wishy-washy answer. It DOES make sense, though, in terms of figuring out exactly who is on the roads. It just shouldn't be done, and what illegal in their right mind is going to go apply for an "I'm an illegal immigrant" ID anyway?

And Fred Thompson? Please. He has a better chance of playing President on the next season of 24 than making anyone excited to vote for another tired-out and uninteresting 105 year old in the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration