Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 04:40 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,938,415 times

Advertisements

Pro, that was an analogy. He was talking about supply and demand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 05:39 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,564,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. Do you really think that Illegals are the only ones dealing/smuggling the drugs?
No, but they ARE tne only ones dealing/smuggling drugs AND illegally entering the US. Unfortunately, the "local" scumbags have the right to be here---much as we may want to "deport" them, we can't.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Such people would NEVER allow a second family to move in to their own homes for "humanitarian" purposes however, despite the fact that even if they have a one bedroom apartment, that "extra" family would be happy sleeping on the floor of the living room rather than out on the streets.
This is a brilliant, simple point..but good luck in trying to get any response. I've tried saying the exact same thing at least two dozen times over the years--"You--(the open-borders folks) wouldn't want to come home to find your house full of strangers--even NICE strangers. You'd call the cops in a MINUTE."....I've NEVER gotten a valid response, not ONCE. A few brave souls will sputter "well--uh--that's DIFFERENT. My home is really 'mine', but the country is--uh-- 'public' ".....Pretty lame excuse, which is probably why MOST such people simply get 'mad', and refuse any further discussion of the matter.....

Old 11-28-2007, 06:43 PM

1,511 posts, read 979,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
This is a brilliant, simple point..but good luck in trying to get any response. I've tried saying the exact same thing at least two dozen times over the years--"You--(the open-borders folks) wouldn't want to come home to find your house full of strangers--even NICE strangers. You'd call the cops in a MINUTE."....I've NEVER gotten a valid response, not ONCE. A few brave souls will sputter "well--uh--that's DIFFERENT. My home is really 'mine', but the country is--uh-- 'public' ".....Pretty lame excuse, which is probably why MOST such people simply get 'mad', and refuse any further discussion of the matter.....
our taxes fund shelters. just because we desire privacy does not mean we arent humanitarian.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
our taxes fund shelters. just because we desire privacy does not mean we arent humanitarian.
Shelters offer emergency, temporary, short-term aid. These folks don't want shelters--they want to live here, permanently. Millions have already done so, with no apparent "cutoff" date even being discussed (we've already HAD a big amnesty). This is quite literally the permanent immigration of huge numbers of illegal folks (about TEN PERCENT of the population of a pretty "big" country is more than just a "few")---and comparing THIS with the concept of "shelter" is quite a "stretch". People get "kicked out" of shelters, usually in just a few days or weeks.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:00 PM

1,511 posts, read 979,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Shelters offer emergency, temporary, short-term aid. These folks don't want shelters--they want to live here, permanently. Millions have already done so, with no apparent "cutoff" date even being discussed (we've already HAD a big amnesty). This is quite literally the permanent immigration of huge numbers of illegal folks (about TEN PERCENT of the population of a pretty "big" country is more than just a "few")---and comparing THIS with the concept of "shelter" is quite a "stretch". People get "kicked out" of shelters, usually in just a few days or weeks.
i dont know what kind of shelters you have in your area, but the ones in san diego offer long-term housing for the homeless, in that they can sleep there every night if need be.

owning a house is not an easy thing these days. we need to bring down the cost of housing to help shelter everybody, without a huge credit burden. small, affordable condos would be an excellent start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration