Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 11:48 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,442,114 times

Advertisements

Dear forum users:

I decided to start this thread to share with you a true experience in multiculturalism composed of legal immigrants from countries as different as Mexico, Israel and Brazil who shared several days together, true world immigrants who keep wandering the world sharing their cultures and experiences and learning from all the cultures and experiences, true countryless people.

It all started in Sao Paulo, the biggest city in Brazil, which is a beautiful, vibrant and modern metropolis, full of diversity and a true melting pot of world culture, this city is on par with jewels such as NYC or Mexico city, and it has a huge immigrant tradition, it even has a Bustation named Immigrantes (Immigrants)

Have you ever dreamed of multuculturalism? of a global society? a new era for mankind? or just felt the wish to be an immigrant in a foreign country? this way please.

These images have been (or are hereby) released into the public domain by its author, Travelling Fella This applies worldwide.
In case this is not legally possible:
Travelling fella grants anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

Fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the ride!!!

Before introducing you to the galactic tribe of brave spiritual warriors who have started to discover the long forsaken intergalactic network of ancestral origin, let's see the beauty of Sao Paulo, it deserves it.

Please tell me that it isn't beautiful

Oh my dear Brazil, I love you so much that I became brazilian already, you know it, because what stays in the heart is never forgotten.

What stays in the heart is never forgotten, and you my dear Brazil, have a special place in mine.

After his beautiful walk in Sao Paulo it got late and we were hungry, we decided to cook an hybrid dish joining the best from Israel, Mexico and Brazil into a true new era cuisine.

Feeling hungry? come on, have a sit and join us

Feeling satisfied? well now that you had a taste of multiculturalism (no pun intended) Let's talk about the experience.

After spending a day together we bonded, we became friends shared our experiences and cultures, we spoke something called portunhol that allows instant understanding between Spanish and Portuguese speakers, omg, it's soooo powerful, even if you have never heard or spoke the other language before, after approximately 20 minutes of conversation you'll reach 100% understandment, wanna speak it like a native? just speak it! it couldn't be more natural, a new language maybe? nah it's something we've done since Latin America was founded, both languages seemed created to fit in perfectly creating a new XXI century romance but as we had a guest from Israel, we built an even more powerful language, portunhol with globish booom!!! now that's energy and a supra effective tool for global communication, it would be good like that but imagine the hebrew words to add an extra spicy flavor to the mixture. I would post them here providing a full pronunciation guide, the original hebrew alphabet and the romanized version of the words with a full description of the words meaning if our dear moderator is ok with that, maybe if we kindly ask him he'll accept

We all exchanged ideas and descriptions of our countries and cultures, how we evolved to be the way we are, and we realized how we are slowly building a global culture, Love is making possible what all the emperors dreamt by hate.

Let's introduce the rest of the galactic tribe, and play a game as well, guess who's from Brazil, who's from Israel and who's from Mexico.

Made your guess? let's continue following the road.

This way sir!! but don't worry even if you get lost, you could always use your heart to find your way back.

Another world is possible, let love dissolve all the borders between nations, families and souls!

Quote:
Be the change you want to see in the world.” Mahatma Gandhi"
Quote:
Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.
Mother Teresa
Let's come all together, and hold our hands
Let's pray together, with the deepest devotion of our souls!
Let there be light, may the divine love awaken in the hearts of all God's children and in that love may the world be freed of the chains of illegal immigration! let love break those changes
Make it happen!

Love for all mankind!

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-27-2007 at 12:23 PM..

Old 11-27-2007, 11:58 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,945,034 times
Great pictures travelingfella. That food looks absolutely yummy. It is good to experience different cultures; it appears that you are all having a fantastic time in the photos. Looks like a great group of people.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:08 PM

186 posts, read 335,601 times
No, multiculturalism is not beneficial to nations, this is why Japan has wisely decided not to allow immigration.

And aside from this, global citizens will find themselves quickly as men without a country.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:40 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,345,386 times
That's all very nice, but it doesn't tend to work if you try to have "multiculturalism" in ONE country.

Sadly, it just doesn't work - causes tension and wars.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:46 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,609,349 times
There is no way to not love your photos of Brazil, admittedly the hip mecca of this decade for pop culture as London, England was 45 years ago. I'll even rep your pix. But I live right here in Los Angeles, California, United States of America, wherein on a daily basis I've seen the people who have been the rudest, nastiest and most flagrant breakers of our laws in my city who have all been... from other countries.

This forum notes the affect and intricacies of immigration, and my first-hand, personal observation notes the worst-case scenario here in Los Angeles of aggressively non-assimilating immigration coupled with out and out illegal immigration. 300 illegals enter my city daily, and every tax payer here pays for every single one of them to get services that we, the citizens, both naturalized and born, will NEVER receive in our lives.

You can't counter with pretty photos elsewhere the foreign nationals right here in L.A. who've shot through the fence at my nice dogs, who have vandalized my property and cut down my trees, who have closed our emergency hospitals with their minor complaints, who brazenly ignore all laws here including driving safety, who SPIT at me, a middle-aged woman when I walk down my own streets, who march against the citizens of the country they illegally transgressed, who think gang-banging is just continuing vendettas as is "normal" in your home country, and who refuse to even entertain the notion of learning the lingua franca of the U.S., English.

I don't know the devil-may-care, friendly times of your international student/young person friends in your travels. But you certainly don't know the real repercussions of genuinely mean-spirited illegals wrecking the quality of life in your own neighborhoods of your own city in your own country. You don't know what it's like to be an American female despised by foreigners in my own country for . . . being an American female! Most cultures are, as you know, misogynist.

There's only a few nations left in the world that aren't by law and tradition misogynist, which attempt to avoid cruelty to animals, and which at least strive towards the aims of equality for all and the pursuit of personal happiness. The U.S. is one of the few, and to change it into a multi-cultural miasma that abridges those rights and traditions would be ghastly. I'm a female who makes a living from representational art, and I love my animals. All three qualities would be severely penalized if not banned under Sharia law. How does one reconcile the aims of multiculturalists to transform everything around them to fit "their" ideal instead of the prevalent ones within the United States?

Old 11-27-2007, 12:59 PM

520 posts, read 1,854,595 times
You guys only think multiculturalism is bad because you think it threatens your way of life. It doesn't threaten anything. It compliments it. You guys can only see through one lense... and its distorted by illegal immigration.

Oh yeah, nice pics. I'd like to travel to Brazil some day. Looks nice.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
There's only a few nations left in the world that aren't by law and tradition misogynist, which attempt to avoid cruelty to animals, and which at least strive towards the aims of equality for all and the pursuit of personal happiness. The U.S. is one of the few, and to change it into a multi-cultural miasma that abridges those rights and traditions would be ghastly. I'm a female who makes a living from representational art, and I love my animals. All three qualities would be severely penalized if not banned under Sharia law. How does one reconcile the aims of multiculturalists to transform everything around them to fit "their" ideal instead of the prevalent ones within the United States?
WeeMadArthur, in your multicultural dreams, I'd be executed just for being an American law-abiding citizen. Is this the future you want for the U.S.? The illegals here certainly don't want American laws to continue prevailing.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:17 PM

520 posts, read 1,854,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
WeeMadArthur, in your multicultural dreams, I'd be executed just for being an American law-abiding citizen. Is this the future you want for the U.S.?
Why would you be executed? Thats crazy talk.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:21 PM

186 posts, read 335,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMadArthur View Post
You guys only think multiculturalism is bad because you think it threatens your way of life. It doesn't threaten anything. It compliments it. You guys can only see through one lense... and its distorted by illegal immigration.

Oh yeah, nice pics. I'd like to travel to Brazil some day. Looks nice.

Yes, multiculturalism does threaten my way of life, and the life of my children.

It threatens western civilization itself.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:21 PM

Female, making representational art, which "blasphemes the creator" as does all non-academic representational art. Caligraphy, academic, and decorative art are the only art permitted in this religion. Blasphemy is a capital offense, even if unintended. See "fatwa."

Do you want the laws of other countries to take over here? Politics and policies accompany "cultures."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.