Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:43 PM

186 posts, read 335,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
american culture goes far beyond that. we have irish, english, italian, spanish, japanese, chinese, african, and hispanic influences in our culture already.

what does it matter what language we speak? cant we all speak both?

See Quebec.

and your claims of a reconquista movement slicing the southwest off of america are unfounded and unsubstantiated. why should i believe what you say with no factual evidence to back it up?
Lou Dobbs will provide you with all the evidence you need.

I didn't ask about what influences we have in our culture, and your understanding of culture is superficial, that I may like spaghetti or stir fry, doesn't mean I much care for the culture.

What is American culture? Well, here it is, it's baseball, hs proms, norman rockwall.

What you speak of means nothing, we have a common history, culture, and language, and it is under seige, and we must accept that we must battle for the survival of our country?

Do you want to live in Mexico, or in America?

Old 11-27-2007, 01:46 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,966,731 times
Quote:
and your claims of a reconquista movement slicing the southwest off of america are unfounded and unsubstantiated. why should i believe what you say with no factual evidence to back it up?
Google is your friend GHOST. Please read some of this and look at the pictures and tell me there is no movement.

Reconquista (Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Michelle Malkin » Welcome to Reconquista

http://patriotpost.us/news/images/reconquista06.jpg (broken link)

http://patriotpost.us/news/images/reconquista09.jpg (broken link)

http://patriotpost.us/news/images/reconquista14.jpg (broken link)

http://patriotpost.us/news/images/reconquista15.jpg (broken link)

http://patriotpost.us/news/images/reconquista16.jpg (broken link)

These are just a sparse few of the images and content related to this. Why would anyone claim such a movement doesn't exist unless they had an agenda that furthers these beliefs and wish this to be swept under the rug. I for one am grateful for all of the marches and near riots that these people put forth. It lets us get a real look at the faces who are against the US.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:47 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,481,935 times
Quote:
multiculturalism has failed to work in countries in the past due to intolerance. multiculturalism on its own can not conceivably cause any sort of problems if people are tolerant of one another.

the form of government stays the same. how can it be the cause for failure of a country?
I can see it now - we can fix this by a zero-tolerance policy - on intolerance!

What you forgot to add, is that multiculturalism has failed to work in countries in the past AND WILL CONTINUE TO FAIL IN THE FUTURE because of intolerance. Intolerance can go both ways, my dear, and cannot be regulated or legislated unless you are proposing the 'thought police'.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:51 PM

1,511 posts, read 980,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Agreed. Why then should we be forced to accept a foreign language in our own country?
america has no official language. we, as individuals, choose what language we wish to speak, and if we choose not to learn popular languages, we sever potential ties between ourselves and other sects of our population, and we have to deal with those consequences. if you are not harmed or bothered by not learning spanish, then dont. if you choose to, you can build many bridges, and encourage spanish speakers to learn english.

likewise, if spanish speakers choose not to learn english, they deal with the consequences. they could learn english and build bridges if they choose.

its the american way of life. your choice.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:52 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,524,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

What you forgot to add, is that multiculturalism has failed to work in countries in the past AND WILL CONTINUE TO FAIL IN THE FUTURE because of intolerance. Intolerance can go both ways, my dear, and cannot be regulated or legislated unless you are proposing the 'thought police'.
Multiculturalism has worked for me and many of my friends, I would say it works in San Francisco and New York City pretty well.

Isn't America multicultural? UK, Australia, Canada?

Old 11-27-2007, 01:53 PM

What, no response to the "nonexistent" reconquista movement? Are you still in denial that such a movement exists?

Old 11-27-2007, 01:54 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,541,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Exactly.

I'd add that we, as a free people, can decide for ourselves whether we accept multiculturalism or not, irrespective of any potential benefit, harm, or whatnot.

If protecting my way of life by not accepting a foreign culture is considered intolerant, so be it. As a feeling, thinking human being, there are many, many things I don't and will not tolerate. Anything else would be childlike naiveté.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:57 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,524,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
What, no response to the "nonexistent" reconquista movement? Are you still in denial that such a movement exists?
I am not in denial of it, do I think it is an actual threat? No.

To do something like this, they would have to get positions of power. I think you are pretty safe.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:59 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,958,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcollegeboy View Post
Yes, multiculturalism does threaten my way of life, and the life of my children.

It threatens western civilization itself.

Western Civilization is definitely not mainstream American culture. It is Native Indian culture. The Europeans were a threat to Native Indian civilization which is why we see them on reservations.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I am not in denial of it, do I think it is an actual threat? No.

To do something like this, they would have to get positions of power. I think you are pretty safe.
GHOST says that it doesn't exist <period>, and that it is unsubstantiated and false.

BTW, any time you have blocks of people assembled making threats and who will have the power to put people into power there is a threat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration