Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:34 PM

186 posts, read 335,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
nothing overrides our constitutional freedoms as set forth in the bill of rights. we are supposed to be a democracy and a multicultural nation. the people that come here will have a hand in determining our leader. that is the way it was intended. if any given leader is defiant to our laws, we have impeachment proceedings and other safeguards. we simply can not disallow our country's policies to go forth based on the notion that people of a different culture might help vote into power someone whose ideals you do not fully agree with. it is proposterous to think that with an influx of hispanics, we are all of a sudden going to be under a radically different form of government. we see radical differences between our current candidates already. it couldnt be much more extreme than a vote between giuliani and paul.
When was it decided we were supposed to be a multicultural country? I must have missed that part in the constitutional convention, or in the second continental congress.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:34 PM

520 posts, read 1,854,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcollegeboy View Post
Yes, Mexican culture may supplant American culture. Ergo, we dissappear.
Dude, no one can make you accept Mexican culture and traditions. Even if the US was 90% Mexican you could still practice your traditions.

Oh no! Maybe you will have to learn Spanish so you can communicate! THE HORROR!!!!

There is nothing wrong with being multicultural. Your culture isn't going anywhere.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
When do we get to see the pictures of female genital mutilation, twelve year old prostitutes, arranged marriages, women and children as chattel, Fido and Fluffy as the main course, etc., etc.

All cultures are not equal. If you're championing multiculturalism, be prepared to accept that which you find abhorrent.

Mexicans will never allow that to happen. As bad as mass mexican immigration is, it is nothing compared to Europe's problem. I'll take a cerveza over sharia any day.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:36 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,936,247 times
Quote:
please link me to the page where factual evidence supports your claim that "illegals here certainly don't want American laws to continue prevailing". i refuse to believe such a negative claim until it is proven.
Ghost, the first thing an illegal alien does is break the law to get in to this country. Now, I've seen demands from the illegals that these laws be changed to let more in. If that is not proof enough for you then nothing is. This is not a claim, this is fact. In short, they don't want these laws to prevail. There's one example for you right there.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMadArthur View Post
Dude, no one can make you accept Mexican culture and traditions. Even if the US was 90% Mexican you could still practice your traditions.

Oh no! Maybe you will have to learn Spanish so you can communicate! THE HORROR!!!!

There is nothing wrong with being multicultural. Your culture isn't going anywhere.

Hmm, if my city is 90% mexican, than I imagine my children will not be taught properly in the public schools?

Yes, our culture is dissappearing, look at the demographic changes of cities like Arlington, TX, or Plano.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:39 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,507,929 times
Thanks Traveling Fella!

All I have to say is THANK GOD for MULTICULTURALISM!!1
I love having friends from all different cultures of the world, I have learned so much from them, so many beautiful people.

Here is a picture from a Pakistani Wedding in NYC. My Wife is in that crowd .

We have Jewish, Indian, Mexican, Korean, Irish, German and the young blonde lady with the red robe in the middle is Pakistani.

I couldn't imagine life any other way! This is why I would only consider living in major "integrated" areas with tolerance for other cultures, coexistence is possible with many rewards!

Old 11-27-2007, 01:39 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,983 times
Quote:
American culture is unique, consisting of Herman Melville, Winslow Homer, and Norman Rockwall.
american culture goes far beyond that. we have irish, english, italian, spanish, japanese, chinese, african, and hispanic influences in our culture already.

Quote:
As for your question, the spanish language will supplant the english language, and then the reconquista movement will slice the southwest off of America.
what does it matter what language we speak? cant we all speak both?

and your claims of a reconquista movement slicing the southwest off of america are unfounded and unsubstantiated. why should i believe what you say with no factual evidence to back it up?

Old 11-27-2007, 01:41 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,533,078 times
Quote:
Mexicans will never allow that to happen. As bad as mass mexican immigration is, it is nothing compared to Europe's problem. I'll take a cerveza over sharia any day.
My reply was a general rebuttal to the idea of multiculturalism. What Mexicans may or may not do is irrelevant to the point that multiculturalism is a feel-good, naively simplistic idea that is fatally flawed.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:42 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,507,929 times
double post.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:43 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,533,078 times
Quote:
what does it matter what language we speak?
Agreed. Why then should we be forced to accept a foreign language in our own country?

Your response would be better directed at those who refuse to learn English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration