Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:03 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,425,495 times

Advertisements

Who would have imagined that the Salvation Army, supposed model of all that is good and American, is actually an underground conclave for KKK members and sympathizers?

What a shock to learn that that cheerful Santa with the bell and big smile is a closet racist who hates brown people.

Unfortunately, that is exactly the falsehood that the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in cahoots with liberals like Nancy Pelosi would have you believe.

The Salvation Army (SA) has an English-only policy, which is permitted for businesses where employees interact heavily with the public. That policy applies across the board to all employees, including Hispanics.

Unfortunately, certain Hispanic employees in Framingham, Mass refused to learn English, although they had been advised to do so by SA more than a year ago. As a result, the employees were fired, as well they should have been.

Of course, a lawsuit was filed against the Salvation Army by American hating bureaucrats and English hating Hispanics.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi added to the chaos by refusing to bring to a vote a Senate-passed provision relaxing federal rules on employer English-only policies.

Here:
Union Leader - Speak English, Nancy: Pelosi stiffs the Salvation Army - Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2007

As usual, the greatest priority of the Democrat party and its leaders is to cave to the demands of radical Hispanic members, regardless of the impact on non-Hispanics.

Once again, the culture and language of America have been plundered by Hispanics who refuse to assimilate into American culture, and who are coddled by out-of-touch Democrats who do not give a damn about anything except personal power.

That the Salvation Army is caught up in this despicable outrage by hostile Hispanics and gutless politicians is truly shameful.

Which reminds me, how Do You Say, "I Gave At the Office," in Spanish?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 09:14 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,024 times
they should have no grounds for a lawsuit. if a private company makes english-only part of its practices, it has every right. they need to find a more suitable job.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:14 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,213,099 times
For the sake of clarity in the discussion, the key issue is that the two women fired by Salvation Army worked at sorting clothes, having no interaction with the public.

My understanding of the article is that this is the key factor EEOC is using in the complaint against the Salvation Army.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:19 PM

Suing the US Government for enforcing the Immigration Laws!
They were farwarned and was given time to learn English.
That's more than fair.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
keyboard lawyer stuff but ok. this is a good post. if you have a EEOC background it gets even better. i will be interested to follow the process of this thread.
refusal to learn job skills is an issue for termination. was it a wrongful termination.
obvious questions arise not presented progressive discipline, job functions, overall employee expectations. basis of the termination. basis of the accusation of discrimination. lots of stuff.
ooopps sorry answer your question. ya, done dinero a la oficina.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-27-2007 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-27-2007, 09:32 PM

The EEOC guideline (29 CFR § 1606.7) prohibits policies requiring employees to speak only in English at all times in the workplace. The reasoning is that such rules may create an atmosphere of hostility against certain groups on the basis of their national origin, which is often closely connected to language. The guideline limits English-only rules to circumstances where the employer can show a business justification.

English-Only In The Private Sector

This goes to the source of the law, and interpretation by EEOC of applicability.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:11 AM

Actually, there's no law(that I could find) requiring them to speak English. If there is someone please post it.
The reason they refuse to learn is, everything is already printed out in spanish.
Except for the road signs. is that next?

Last edited by mkfarnam; 11-28-2007 at 09:52 AM..

Old 11-28-2007, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Actually, there's no law(that I could find) requiring them to speak English. If there is someone please post it.
I think you're right, I believe the EEOC only allows enforcement of english requirements if dealing with the public or if safety is a consideration.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:54 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,549 times
It's one of those "duh" things. Of COURSE, one should speak English in any American company!!

I don't care what you're doing - you shouldn't even HAVE a job in the U.S. if you don't know English, for goodness sakes. I wouldn't expect to have a job in another country if I didn't even know their language!

Sheesh. Will wonders never cease?

Old 11-28-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
It's one of those "duh" things. Of COURSE, one should speak English in any American company!!

I don't care what you're doing - you shouldn't even HAVE a job in the U.S. if you don't know English, for goodness sakes. I wouldn't expect to have a job in another country if I didn't even know their language!

Sheesh. Will wonders never cease?
When it comes to consideration, there's no definition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration