Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 10:24 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,460,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And --- the illegals are being given completely free health care, there is no expectation that these illegals will be purchasing ACA insurance while uninsured Americans are required to pay for some kind of insurance plan.

Food stamps for Americans were recently cut back slightly but the illegals are being given a total free ride. What's the point in cutting back on food stamps when the government intends to bring in millions more welfare recipients and give them food stamps, WIC, Medicaid, housing vouchers and much much more?

Most of these illegals have very little education -- they simply cannot make it here where our costs of living are so high without all kinds of government handouts. Even if they wanted to work, most aren't even up to minimum wage jobs and those women coming with armloads of babies couldn't begin to afford the high day care costs.
You are right MOST are not educated.....but, some are highly educated...there is VERY little middle class in Honduras.....my X-husband was highly educated he has a masters in physics....he is a very smart man....yet he could not make it in our culture.....things just moved to fast.

He came here because of a political change......things are so very different in other countries.

There was an election while we were married.....he was shocked that the same people were working at the post office.....even the stores.

Our middle class is getting smaller.....I just can not help but wonder if that is where we are heading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 11:30 AM

29,008 posts, read 30,450,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I hope this is real.

It's such a mistake to have the Central American nations dump their entire social problems into the USA. This is where the Mara salvatrucha gangs come from, by far more dangerous violent gangs than ever seen in the USA before.

you are absolutely right but most people either deny this or don't believe in them....

Like my director said the other day, "I bet most people in the US don't even know 1/2 of what is going on. It is so refreshing to see that more and more people are feeling this way.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:38 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,848,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
You are right MOST are not educated.....but, some are highly educated...there is VERY little middle class in Honduras.....my X-husband was highly educated he has a masters in physics....he is a very smart man....yet he could not make it in our culture.....things just moved to fast.

He came here because of a political change......things are so very different in other countries.

There was an election while we were married.....he was shocked that the same people were working at the post office.....even the stores.

Our middle class is getting smaller.....I just can not help but wonder if that is where we are heading.
They claim they are good for the country yet The Obama administration recently requested $1.9 billion in welfare benefits for illegals living in the country.

Just what we need. More people on the dole.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:28 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,848,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. Looking at the "Comments" section under articles about amnesty for illegal aliens, I'd have to agree. people are getting more and more pissed.
This is so true. I read every yahoo article on this issue, and out of the tens of thousands of comments on each one, 99.999999999999999% of the comments are from people who are outraged, just flat out enraged about this issue. We can't use tax dollars for veterans programs yet we can house, clothe, educate, feed, and provide free medical care for tens of millions of illegal immigrants coming here, stealing identities and then getting tax payer funded housing, education, etc.

I wrote my congressman and senators yesterday. I wrote my mayor and chief of police. I will write, and I will keep writing until something is done about this abomination courtesy of this moronic joke of a president.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
They claim they are good for the country yet The Obama administration recently requested $1.9 billion in welfare benefits for illegals living in the country.

Just what we need. More people on the dole.
Obama said they are the future of this country....not the children born here.....the illegals.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:37 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,848,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Obama said they are the future of this country....not the children born here.....the illegals.
Let's send them to live with him and see how he likes living with him in his community.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:37 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,141,843 times
I think last time a amnesty was part of reform under Bush has president the congress got that message. now they call it a path to citizenship but I suspect that will also get same reception. The feds seem to say we haven't the money but then they want to tie a bill funding it to ;you guessed it amnesty. They can pass a increase in budget or even special appropriations.If you remember the 80's bill that had amnesty it had border funds in it but until pressed never where used.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
Let's send them to live with him and see how he likes living with him in his community.
Can not rep you now.....I'll be back.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:08 PM

17,598 posts, read 9,379,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
BREAKING: Texas Sends Armed Troops to Defend the Border

do you think they are really doing this?

My gosh, pinch me, am I dreaming

Honestly, I cannot believe they are really doing this?

Do you think Obama will interfer?
All the Texas Department of Public Safety Troopers are "Armed" .... this is probably true of most States.
One of the issues that Texas Government folks are concerned about is that the Border Patrol is doing nothing but handling paperwork for all these "children" that are flooding across the Border - that means they can't be watching for Narco Criminals and Drug mules coming across. The DPS will pick up the slack on that. The "children" have all been told to get across and then look for any US Border Control to turn themselves in to ... they will get "Amnesty", food, shelter, Medical treatment, welfare, education and fun and games.

Under federal law, Border Patrol agents must hand those children over to the Department of Health and Human Services within 72 hours of their arrival. That agency then tries to place those children with family members if possible as they await immigration hearings, but many of the new arrivals have no family in the U.S., meaning the government has to accommodate them elsewhere.

The "children" can't be held in the border town detention centers any longer than 72 hours, so they are given 'vouchers' to travel by bus into the US Interior. Some are taken by plane to facilities that HHS has rented. So far - I've read of Baltimore, Virginia and New York that have managed to stop the import of these people. HHS is renting up office space, empty buildings, motels .... anything they can to house them. When school starts in the Fall - it will be the responsibility of the Host City/State to pay for their education and Benefits. Pay attention folks - check with your City Government and make sure they are on the watch for the Bus and Plane loads to hit your town.

Local officials and members of Congress did not know the building was under consideration for housing children living in the country without legal permission until Friday afternoon, when they received an email from Fatima A. Cuevas, deputy assistant secretary for legislation at the Department of Health and Human Services, where the Administration for Children and Families’ Office of Refugee Resettlement is trying to accommodate all the new arrivals.

Team Obama's idea of how to handle this flood on the Border is to send money to Central America - we call that "investing" and to hire lots of Lawyers to advocate for Asylum for this flood, then we need to "invest" in Housing for them and Medical care - they are carrying a lot of disease.

On the UP side - Texas is stepping up and at least making an attempt to DO something other than welcome all these Amnesty seekers. Team Obama will be watching closely to make sure that none of the Texas DPS dare to say BOO to any illegal aliens crossing into Texas, but the Feds can't stop the DPS from Crime Control. This is costing Texan $1.3 Million dollars PER WEEK .... because the current Regime refuses to secure the US Border between Texas and Mexico. They can't turn them into ICE because ICE refuses to process them and certainly won't send them back - our borders are wide open to the South. They know it in Mexico, they know it in all of Central America and Gang/Narco/Terrorists know it all over the World.

This is going to backfire in a Major way for Team Obama .... these Leftist City Leaders and Citizens thought it was great to offer Amnesty and Welfare to all these illegal immigrants - but they are changing their tune when they actually show up by the plane & bus load in their own towns.

This is how Texas can actually help .... buy the bus and plane tickets and send them on their way.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:38 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Default Outstanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
BREAKING: Texas Sends Armed Troops to Defend the Border

do you think they are really doing this?

My gosh, pinch me, am I dreaming

Honestly, I cannot believe they are really doing this?

Do you think Obama will interfer?

It about time that the TX National Guard does their job and with the cooperation from Border Patrol Officers as guidance down to the Platoon level. Its just a matter of time before Jan Brewer Arizona does the same.

As a Arizonian I expect her to do her job as Gov. In the past she's been really good with these kind of issue dealing with the border security. AZ1070 ring a bell? Arizona Army National Guard has done this kind of a mission.

Obama is clearly not doing his job, again its up to the states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration