Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 04:56 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,961,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I know, it annoys me. Every time I see a job for WIC, Medicaid or the other welfare programs it always says MUST BE BILINGUAL. Why are we catering to them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You ask an excellent question. Why are we catering to people who have no business being here?

The bleeding hearts cry about illegals who can't speak English so they insisted that everything be given to them in Spanish. The trouble with that is by doing this, it gives them no incentive to learn English.

We expect legal immigrants to learn English. Yet for some reason illegals are coddled.
Agreed and HOW!

Too, back in the day legal aliens HAD to learn English or else and illegal aliens 100 years laid real low too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 05:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,925,553 times
Quote:
You ask an excellent question. Why are we catering to people who have no business being here?

The bleeding hearts cry about illegals who can't speak English so they insisted that everything be given to them in Spanish. The trouble with that is by doing this, it gives them no incentive to learn English.

We expect legal immigrants to learn English. Yet for some reason illegals are coddled.
Not just that but most legal immigrants come here because they have education. These illegals are not educated and we also give them welfare. Why do we give them welfare? They aren't even supposed to be here yet we give them our tax dollars. It's like if someone broke into your house, stole your television and then you go to court and the judge makes you give them all your electronics.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:16 PM

63,430 posts, read 29,448,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Not just that but most legal immigrants come here because they have education. These illegals are not educated and we also give them welfare. Why do we give them welfare? They aren't even supposed to be here yet we give them our tax dollars. It's like if someone broke into your house, stole your television and then you go to court and the judge makes you give them all your electronics.
A lot of the reason they are able to collect welfare is by giving birth on our soil. Re-interpreting and re-visiting the birthright citizenship clause would eliminate that.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:31 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,394,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A lot of the reason they are able to collect welfare is by giving birth on our soil. Re-interpreting and re-visiting the birthright citizenship clause would eliminate that.
And, a lot of females come over when they are about ready to give birth, without having any prenatal care. Consequently, A lot of these pregnancies end in them having special needs babies who are going to have huge medical bills, and getting disability payments every month for the rest of their lives because they were born in America. I read about this one time, and they told a story about an illegal woman who did this who had triplets, and all three of them were handicapped. I don't remember the total, but they said how much it had already cost, which was a lot, as you can imagine, and that it would get more expensive as they got older because they would need a tremendous amount of specialized medical care for the rest of their lives.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,925,553 times
I agree we need to revisit birthright citizenship. They use the 14th Amendment but the 14th had nothing to do with illegals. It was written to make sure the newly freed slaves and their kids were citizens.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:58 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,394,183 times
Quote:

We reward the least deserving people here. Why follow the law when you're rewarded for being a criminal? Some of them really do laugh at how stupid we are to support them and their passel of kids. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! I've heard it myself over and over. When you hear something like that, and hearing their demands, it's hard to deal with them after awhile. No, let me rephrase that, It's impossible to deal with them after awhile. They laugh about abusing the system. I don't understand people like that and I'm glad I don't. I applaud those who, in the face of this surge across the border, are still taking the steps to do things the right and legal way.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:45 AM

33,012 posts, read 27,568,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Whether or not you favor or oppose illegal immigration, most of the things going wrong in your life have nothing to do with them. You will not magically get a better job if illegals are deported. You will have to work hard and put effort into doing that.

??? You think inflated rents have nothing to do with illegal immigration? Do you think depressed wages for the bottom quintile of workers has nothing to do with illegal immigration?

Do you know ANYTHING about supply and demand?

Old 08-19-2014, 04:36 AM

89,621 posts, read 45,245,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
All that needs to be done is to interpret the 14th Amendment as it was intended. Plain as day, in the Congressional debates from the time, the 14th Amendment's author (also the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee at the time) clearly stated that those born owing allegiance to anybody else were never intended to be U.S. citizens.

Senator Trumbull: "The provision is, that ‘all persons born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens.’ That means ‘subject to the complete jurisdiction thereof.’ What do we mean by ‘complete jurisdiction thereof?’ Not owing allegiance to anybody else. That is what it means."

Congressional Record:
http://memory.loc.gov/ll/llcg/073/0000/00152893.tif

Trumbull's role in drafting and introducing the Civil Rights Act of 1866 and the 14th Amendment:
Committee History | About The Committee | United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary

Children born in the U.S. to a foreign citizen parent whose country has jus sanguinis (right of blood) citizenship law were never supposed to be born U.S. citizens. They may choose to naturalize, but they were never intended to be U.S. citizens at birth.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:12 AM

63,430 posts, read 29,448,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
All that needs to be done is to interpret the 14th Amendment as it was intended. Plain as day, in the Congressional debates from the time, the 14th Amendment's author (also the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee at the time) clearly stated that those born owing allegiance to anybody else were never intended to be U.S. citizens.

Senator Trumbull: "The provision is, that ‘all persons born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens.’ That means ‘subject to the complete jurisdiction thereof.’ What do we mean by ‘complete jurisdiction thereof?’ Not owing allegiance to anybody else. That is what it means."

Congressional Record:
http://memory.loc.gov/ll/llcg/073/0000/00152893.tif

Trumbull's role in drafting and introducing the Civil Rights Act of 1866 and the 14th Amendment:
Committee History | About The Committee | United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary

Children born in the U.S. to a foreign citizen parent whose country has jus sanguinis (right of blood) citizenship law were never supposed to be born U.S. citizens. They may choose to naturalize, but they were never intended to be U.S. citizens at birth.
I totally agree but apparently in this PC country the powers that be don't want to appear racist so they won't take action on it. Better to make a mockery of our citizenship and bankrupt us I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration