Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 11:41 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,204,682 times

Advertisements

Funny how they just don't seem to care as one of my neighbors put a note up, asking them politely to stop having their visitors parking in front of the mailbox area, that we all need to access, cause they are in one spot,....well my neighbor told me they put on top of her note, near the mail boxes, in retaliation, .... and she said the note was extremely foul, and vulgar, cussing her out. Yea, nice, much respect there, imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 01:54 AM

27,334 posts, read 15,468,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh, yes, my quality of life will greatly improve if all the illegals are gone. Where I live, they destroyed the community by creating countless flophouses filled with 20-30 people. The once good elementary school that our daughter went to now can't get full accreditation by the state due to illegals. All those flophouses translate to more traffic on the road, parking problems so bad that if we were to have company or someone coming to do work in our home, they can't even park in front of our house. Plus those flophouses put a strain on the school system---not only do they add more students than are anticipated but those students (either illegals or anchor babies) come to school unprepared and end up taking resources away from American kids.

Not to mention if you look at the big picture, our country now has over 300 million people. We are running out of potable water and buildable land. Plus our infrastructure is crumbling and there is no money to properly repair it, let alone add even more.

I'm guessing that you have never seen the problems illegals cause up close and personal. Nor do you know anyone whose livelihood has been affected by illegals.

I could go on and on. I do hope that you are starting to get the picture.

In my trade it sure stagnated wages long before stagnated wages became the norm.
It also brought safety issues and affected quality of work and an increase of time taken by others having to correct the work they have done.

It also was a drastic turning point on how safe it was to walk away from your tools on the job if you wanted to keep them.

Many I have worked with never went past Elementary or Junior High School level in their education by their own admission.

I have a job that can be deadly and clear communication is paramount but greatly diminished.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:10 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,392,567 times
No, I don't only blame the illegals, I blame the president of the U.S., the president of Mexico, the president of Honduras, the leaders of Guatemala and El Salvador, and all of the people who hire them. I blame their families and friends who are already over here illegally taking them in, teaching them how to abuse the system here. Example: A group of illegal women who don't work ask virtually anyone filing their taxes if they will claim some of their kids, and they give them half of the tax return. Most of them have about 12 kids, so they get to divide this up among several different people, and end up making thousands of dollars for a tax return that they never ever earned. The Internal Revenue Service is sending thousands of dollars to illegals who have filed using stolen information. They even send the returns to many of them using the same address!

The Honduran president even said that the U.S. has an enormous responsibility for all of this, and that the influx of illegals is America's fault because so many drugs are transported here, and Honduras in on the route.

There would be a lot less car accidents if they weren't here! So many of them can't read English, they go down one way streets wrong. A carload full ran into my daughters car. Did they stop to see if she was OK, maybe call an ambulance, or try to help her out of her car? HECK NO, the witnesses said there were a bunch of them that jumped out immediately and took off running! The police said that they can hardly ever find them because when they go to the addresses they find in the car, they go to them & if possible, send police who speak Spanish. Whoever answers the door will tell them that they have no idea who that is. If non speaking Spanish police go there, they either don't answer the door, pretend that they don't know English, or they really don't know English. So, they totaled my daughters car, the financial impact of this was all on her. Thank goodness she's ok, but illegals have killed many people over here. They rape and kill a lot of women.

I've been a volunteer all of my life. I could tell you so many stories from being around illegals. People have tried to help them and were yelled at in return because they weren't doing enough! We've just had so much mayhem because of them. I don't understand them. Why do the ones from Mexico have no pride in their belongings? Their kids are unruly and run around in diapers, even in restaurants. Other nationalities are not like that? What's the deal? You would think they would be proud to finally have these things and good care of them. They have a sense of entitlement that I've never seen in anyone except for the wealthy kid who was driving drunk & killed 4 people and was free, no jail, because of the new "Affluency" law where his parents never expected him to do anything and was used to a wealthy lifestyle and didn't know how to take responsibility. The judge sure taught him a lesson there on responsibility.

Come on OP, you have to know all of this if you ever pick up a newspaper or watch the news.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:39 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,275,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Yep. This is my point exactly.

There are structural things we can do to curb illegal immigration, a lot of which is going on right now. But seriously - do we need to come armed with guns to show our seething anger towards about 60,000 (which is like 0.02% of the U.S. population) brown kids that want to escape violence? What does that accomplish? Oh yeah, and it's also Obama's fault, like illegal immigration hasn't been going on since the 1980s. And never mind that many business owners, while appearing conservative, secretly like the sub-minimum wages that they can pay illegal immigrants.

It's almost as if on this forum, it's just people trying to outdo themselves in showing how horrible they think illegal immigrants are. As a law-abiding American citizen with a logical brain, I'm opposed to illegal immigration too, but I don't have to prove myself by making hostile comments.
Who is POTUS? That means he owns the problem today. Sucks to be in charge when it isn't all perks and benefits. His rhetoric of path to citizenship and slowing deportations etc was like rolling out the welcome mat. Words matter and as a politician Obama knows this. He chose his words to target a very specific group and it worked. Many believe this mess was manufactured to try and force the immigration reform bill through.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:40 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,636,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
They vote for the democrats! Duh!
Since when do illegals have the right to vote?

Old 08-01-2014, 07:28 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,630,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Since when do illegals have the right to vote?
They always do, particularly when votor ID is considered racism.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 08-01-2014 at 07:55 AM..

Old 08-01-2014, 07:47 AM

1,704 posts, read 753,458 times
From my personal perspective, most present-day U.S. citizens could be considered as 'illegals'.

First, there was some guy who 'discovered America'. He was an illegal. Then he became responsible for all those who followed and invaded an already occupied land. They were all illegals too! Their offspring became so aggressive, that they decided to expand their invasion westward, by any means necessary via their 'Manifest Destiny' creed. They killed, maimed, raped and displaced natural inhabitants, all along the way. That too was illegal.

Next, we have the African-American. There is absolutely noting legal about Africans being purchased for the sole benefit and profit of so-called 'legal' Americans. Therefore, no African-American is technically an American, but they have more right to call themselves Americans, because at least their forefathers worked for it and didn't commit all kinds of felonious crimes to 'possess' this country.

In my opinion, we are all inhabitants of the earth, and it's our collective responsibility to take care of both the earth, and all of its habitants that don't interfere with the peace and security of our ecosystem.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:56 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,630,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
From my personal perspective, most present-day U.S. citizens could be considered as 'illegals'.

First, there was some guy who 'discovered America'. He was an illegal. Then he became responsible for all those who followed and invaded an already occupied land. They were all illegals too! Their offspring became so aggressive, that they decided to expand their invasion westward, by any means necessary via their 'Manifest Destiny' creed. They killed, maimed, raped and displaced natural inhabitants, all along the way. That too was illegal.

Next, we have the African-American. There is absolutely noting legal about Africans being purchased for the sole benefit and profit of so-called 'legal' Americans. Therefore, no African-American is technically an American, but they have more right to call themselves Americans, because at least their forefathers worked for it and didn't commit all kinds of felonious crimes to 'possess' this country.

In my opinion, we are all inhabitants of the earth, and it's our collective responsibility to take care of both the earth, and all of its habitants that don't interfere with the peace and security of our ecosystem.
Illegal by what law? Are you using today's law to gauge people who didn't even know those laws existed?

Old 08-01-2014, 09:14 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,086,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
No, I don't only blame the illegals, I blame the president of the U.S., the president of Mexico, the president of Honduras, the leaders of Guatemala and El Salvador, and all of the people who hire them. I blame their families and friends who are already over here illegally taking them in, teaching them how to abuse the system here. Example: A group of illegal women who don't work ask virtually anyone filing their taxes if they will claim some of their kids, and they give them half of the tax return. Most of them have about 12 kids, so they get to divide this up among several different people, and end up making thousands of dollars for a tax return that they never ever earned. The Internal Revenue Service is sending thousands of dollars to illegals who have filed using stolen information. They even send the returns to many of them using the same address!

The Honduran president even said that the U.S. has an enormous responsibility for all of this, and that the influx of illegals is America's fault because so many drugs are transported here, and Honduras in on the route.

There would be a lot less car accidents if they weren't here! So many of them can't read English, they go down one way streets wrong. A carload full ran into my daughters car. Did they stop to see if she was OK, maybe call an ambulance, or try to help her out of her car? HECK NO, the witnesses said there were a bunch of them that jumped out immediately and took off running! The police said that they can hardly ever find them because when they go to the addresses they find in the car, they go to them & if possible, send police who speak Spanish. Whoever answers the door will tell them that they have no idea who that is. If non speaking Spanish police go there, they either don't answer the door, pretend that they don't know English, or they really don't know English. So, they totaled my daughters car, the financial impact of this was all on her. Thank goodness she's ok, but illegals have killed many people over here. They rape and kill a lot of women.

I've been a volunteer all of my life. I could tell you so many stories from being around illegals. People have tried to help them and were yelled at in return because they weren't doing enough! We've just had so much mayhem because of them. I don't understand them. Why do the ones from Mexico have no pride in their belongings? Their kids are unruly and run around in diapers, even in restaurants. Other nationalities are not like that? What's the deal? You would think they would be proud to finally have these things and good care of them. They have a sense of entitlement that I've never seen in anyone except for the wealthy kid who was driving drunk & killed 4 people and was free, no jail, because of the new "Affluency" law where his parents never expected him to do anything and was used to a wealthy lifestyle and didn't know how to take responsibility. The judge sure taught him a lesson there on responsibility.

Come on OP, you have to know all of this if you ever pick up a newspaper or watch the news.
I have thought about this, and I think a lot of posters misunderstood what I was trying to say. From a community standpoint, there are definitely situations where some or many illegal immigrants are responsible for a disproportionate of problems in such communities. Houses with 20/30 people, auto premiums, disturbances at night - these are all possible problems where illegal immigrants may be the primary cause in many communities. So I am fully open to these points.

This thread, however, is about personal responsibility. My guess is that most people are relatively conservative who post here. We want people on welfare to take responsibility for their own lives and not rely on government handouts. Well, the flip side is that we need to take responsibility for our own lives too. Just like people on welfare have disadvantages in their lives that aren't fair, we have illegals that are disadvantaging us in some ways. But this does not absolve us in our part of making our lives successful.

Does that clear things up a bit?

Old 08-01-2014, 09:17 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,086,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Is it because the illegals are terrible dressers?

I was jk, this is the first post I haven't seen the OP promoting an extreme pro gay / pro transgender agenda.
Come on now; I post an extreme pro-Detroit agenda too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration