Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 12:08 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Exactly. I worked in a job years ago where we got people who would ask for translators. They didn't bother learning English but expecting a Spanish speaker at the store. I speak Spanish but why should I? I think it's ridiculous that welfare programs have translators.

This is the SPANISH site of the medical program in Illinois: All Kids cuidados de salud para todos los nios

Here's one of the parts of the site: You do not have to be a citizen or a legal immigrant to get Moms & Babies.
You do not need to have a Social Security number to get Moms & Babies.

Oh and the states also has Family Care for the families of these kids. So the illegals get free healthcare! What a country.

all government forms should be only in English. if the person reading it cannot read english, then too bad.
no translators should be provided either except in cases of a felony case with a citizen from another country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 07:11 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
What gets me is why the Dems are so afraid of pissing off illegal aliens since illegals and their fans HATE the Repubs.
It isn't that. They don't want to offend the Hispanic-American voter. Some politicians will give away our country for votes.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:56 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It isn't that. They don't want to offend the Hispanic-American voter. Some politicians will give away our country for votes.
Same thing. If the Dems said "NO" to any kind of amnesty, most Hispanics would still never vote Repub. They just wouldn't vote.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:58 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,450,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Whether or not you favor or oppose illegal immigration, most of the things going wrong in your life have nothing to do with them. You will not magically get a better job if illegals are deported. You will have to work hard and put effort into doing that.
Well, being Black I don't blame anything on anyone but myself.

Old 08-17-2014, 03:41 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Same thing. If the Dems said "NO" to any kind of amnesty, most Hispanics would still never vote Repub. They just wouldn't vote.
Well, Hispanics including those in congress threatened not to vote for Obama if he didn't get an amnesty passed. Of course you are right instead of voting Republican they just wouldn't vote period.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:15 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
The sad thing is if you are say a working poor childless person you can't get assistance. Why are freeloading illegal moochers who are having future gang banger illegitimate children more important than someone who is trying to make a living and improving themselves but has no kids? why are these illegals more important than someone who is disabled, like mentally ill or physically disabled? Quinn cut funding for all of this, closed several mental hospitals, cut funding to places that take care of people unable to take care of themselves yet refused to cut funding for these moochers.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:30 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,179 times
Quote:
The sad thing is if you are say a working poor childless person you can't get assistance. Why are freeloading illegal moochers who are having future gang banger illegitimate children more important than someone who is trying to make a living and improving themselves but has no kids? why are these illegals more important than someone who is disabled, like mentally ill or physically disabled? Quinn cut funding for all of this, closed several mental hospitals, cut funding to places that take care of people unable to take care of themselves yet refused to cut funding for these moochers.
We would all love to know the answer to this. And, why does no one ask Obama about these things?

I had an operation last year and my heart stopped beating 3 times during surgery. I was in a medical coma for 3 days, in ICU.On the 4th day I was still out of it, and the insurance personnel came to me and told me that I was going to owe a lot more than they had thought because of my heart and the fact that they had to have a Cardiologist & Pulmonary DRs. brought in, so could I pay the $30,000 now since my insurance wouldn't cover that much? I still wasn't recovered, I guess they wanted that money in case I died before I could pay them. Bunch of pirates. The nurse told me this & she said they had to come back later and talk to my husband. I don't remember it, but they did come back and talk to my husband. Yet, they're not even allowed to ask an illegal anything about payments! They don't have to pay one red cent! It's a waste of time to even ask. They just take the Medicaid payment & that's it. We'll be paying on this for the rest of our lives.

Last edited by Jess5; 08-18-2014 at 03:48 PM..

Old 08-18-2014, 03:32 PM

Because to him the childless don't matter. That's most politicians regardless of party. Yes I called Governor Quinn's office to ask and they called me a racist who hates kids.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
all government forms should be only in English. if the person reading it cannot read english, then too bad.
no translators should be provided either except in cases of a felony case with a citizen from another country.
I know, it annoys me. Every time I see a job for WIC, Medicaid or the other welfare programs it always says MUST BE BILINGUAL. Why are we catering to them?

Old 08-18-2014, 04:22 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
I know, it annoys me. Every time I see a job for WIC, Medicaid or the other welfare programs it always says MUST BE BILINGUAL. Why are we catering to them?
You ask an excellent question. Why are we catering to people who have no business being here?

The bleeding hearts cry about illegals who can't speak English so they insisted that everything be given to them in Spanish. The trouble with that is by doing this, it gives them no incentive to learn English.

We expect legal immigrants to learn English. Yet for some reason illegals are coddled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration