Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 11:31 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
How about we make military service mandatory for the illegals that want to become citizens ? Then we can see how many of them really love their new country ....

My brother broke the law when he in his early 20s and the judge gave him a choice of either military service or jail. Since the illegals are breaking the law, how about either join the military or leave ?
We could never force them to serve. It would be very evident that we treat them better than we treat our own veterans! I am surprised that our military, that is fighting for our way of life half way around the world; is not walking off the job. Why fight for a Country that simply opens it's border to criminals?

I just hope that our Congress or Justice Department comes forward and places restraints on executive action. For years they have turned a blind eye - President Obama is not the first president to abuse this power. It is long overdue for the other two branches of government to control our king. No one was ever elected king - they were elected to serve the people that voted them into power. I believe that executive action should be conditional.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:53 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
We could never force them to serve. It would be very evident that we treat them better than we treat our own veterans! I am surprised that our military, that is fighting for our way of life half way around the world; is not walking off the job. Why fight for a Country that simply opens it's border to criminals?

I just hope that our Congress or Justice Department comes forward and places restraints on executive action. For years they have turned a blind eye - President Obama is not the first president to abuse this power. It is long overdue for the other two branches of government to control our king. No one was ever elected king - they were elected to serve the people that voted them into power. I believe that executive action should be conditional.
Fisheye, you couldn't be any more truthful, and I'm shocked that so many people do not realize this....what did the Republicans do after 911? I thought for sure they would close up our borders, but they didn't and what about Clinton, and the Presidents before them....
Illegals have been over here for years....and those men who flew the plans into the twin towers were living here....how long will it take to wake people up? right away they are willing to fight now, but they have no idea how long this has been going on? doesn't make sense to me....what could they be thinking.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Why doesn't anyone listen to law enforcement? It's not just an Arizona, Texas or California problem.

The sheriffs speaking out here are from Massachusetts, Maryland, North Carolina in addition to Arizona and Texas.

The Massachusetts sheriff said this:

"I run the homeland security task force in Bristol County. When you start diverting resources with in ICE – this administration has been watering down investigative resources, failing to deport people who need to be deported – you create a very dangerous situation. When the President issues this executive amnesty, you’re going to see people being diverted away from investigating terror threats and towards issuing this amnesty. It’s going to put our communities at much greater risk. The scary part about all of this is that we know that terrorists have been trying to infiltrate the US. It’s opening a gaping hole for terrorists to walk right into the country and strike at innocent people. When the President of the United States is sending a message that he’s not concerned with lawbreaking, those words are the beginning of the destruction of our Democracy. When you have the President saying you can come in unlawfully without consequence, basically the President is saying to do the world: don’t respect our laws. That’s I worry about: if you don’t protect the framework of Democracy, then you risk losing Democracy itself.”

Sheriffs: Obama Amnesty Is
darling, I hate to tell you this, but the terrorists ARE here and have been for years.....
this administration is a joke, however, the administration before that was on watch, and after 911 they didn't do a darn thing either, and I'm wondering why.

When 911 happened, I was as shocked as everyone else, but no one said a word about closing the borders, and I thought, if anything can come out good from 911, at least they will wise up and close the borders, but they didn't and Americans didn't say a word about it? Are we that stupid...I'm dead serious....why oh why did this happen? I'd write about it on here and people mocked me.....oh a few agreed, but the majority kept backing their corrupt party....

I'm sick of it....people are voting and don't know a darn thing about what is really going on out there.
Once more they don't care!

Now all of a sudden, people are getting angry, where were they years ago?

Old 11-20-2014, 12:00 PM

771 posts, read 1,459,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
darling, I hate to tell you this, but the terrorists ARE here and have been for years.....
this administration is a joke, however, the administration before that was on watch, and after 911 they didn't do a darn thing either, and I'm wondering why.

When 911 happened, I was as shocked as everyone else, but no one said a word about closing the borders, and I thought, if anything can come out good from 911, at least they will wise up and close the borders, but they didn't and Americans didn't say a word about it? Are we that stupid...I'm dead serious....why oh why did this happen? I'd write about it on here and people mocked me.....oh a few agreed, but the majority kept backing their corrupt party....

I'm sick of it....people are voting and don't know a darn thing about what is really going on out there.

All 911 terrorists entered the country legally though.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:01 PM

771 posts, read 1,459,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am surprised that our military, that is fighting for our way of life half way around the world; is not walking off the job. Why fight for a Country that simply opens it's border to criminals?
Because our military are not partisan hacks.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:45 PM

574 posts, read 696,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Those 5 million people were already working under the table.
And people wonder why so many Americans can't find a job?

Old 11-20-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentGrad1 View Post
And people wonder why so many Americans can't find a job?
yeah, but ABC News is always reporting that unemployment is going down....but of course.

yanno, early this morning I heard Tamala Edwards from Channel 6 ABC news make the statement
Quote:
Most American's agree with Obama.
I was so angry! Please tell me, there are not people in America that believe the news media?
Everyone seems to be so one sided and has an agenda...it is pathetic....no one seems to be able to see moderation....

Old 11-20-2014, 01:09 PM

31,016 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

It's just that it's taken until now to reach the tipping point.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:15 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
Because our military are not partisan hacks.
There is nothing partisan about illegal immigration. It is the top one half of a percent, that control the media and politicians, that want cheap labor. They care nothing of the average American natural or legalized citizen. I don't even like the word partisan; either your for us or against us (regardless of political affiliation). Keep in mind that the last amnesty was from a Republican President. You also don't hear too much coming out of the Republican controlled House.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:27 PM

31,016 posts, read 22,056,089 times
This Poll is closer to the general public: 92% against

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...mnesty-28.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration