Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 09:03 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,191,180 times

Advertisements

Apples and oranges here between the USA/Mexico and most of the Euro countries......

Once the poorer countries over there (Spain, Portugal, Ireland*, Poland, etc) really brought their legal systems, socio-economic situations, etc. within shouting distance of France, Benelux countries, Germany, etc. then the former group of nations received open border rules under the Schengen Agreement.

*EDIT: Ireland does not qualify for Schengen due to an open border agreement with GB. But; Ireland is in the Eurozone.

Translation: here in North America, Canada would qualify yet Mexico needs to clean up its own dysfunctional culture first. Maybe the illegals being run off from the USA will be instrumental in bringing Mx up to scratch. Hard to say.

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 01-06-2008 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: Made an error, corrected it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 09:12 AM

751 posts, read 1,182,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Gee - you must not be a taxpayer then -
You have to be a little more analytical than that. Even if illegals were not paying taxes, the added productivity and lower costs of goods to consumers for certain goods and services usually more than make up for the tax revenue lost. I would rather pick up the tax tab and have someone mow my lawn for 9/hr than paying 15/hr for the same type of service. Economically, makes perfect sense!

Old 01-06-2008, 09:17 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,191,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
You have to be a little more analytical than that. Even if illegals were not paying taxes, the added productivity and lower costs of goods to consumers for certain goods and services usually more than make up for the tax revenue lost. I would rather pick up the tax tab and have someone mow my lawn for 9/hr than paying 15/hr for the same type of service. Economically, makes perfect sense!
Thank God for your sake you are in Minnesota; if you were bragging about that sort of thing here in Maricopa County, Az. Sheriff Joe may wish to have a small talk with you

Old 01-06-2008, 09:17 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,887,078 times
Total speculative BS. You are not a credible poster

Quote:

Old 01-06-2008, 09:23 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,346,797 times
That's good luke.. then after they mow your lawn they can get drunk and kill some more Americans.. or you mite want to get off your lazy butt and go mow your lawn yourself! Go watch the news video from another thread called, Americans die from drunk illegal from mexico.. This lowlife was deported twice! He was DUI 5 times! If he was STILL in mexico,, where he belongs... Scott would be alive today and his American family wouldn't be suffering as they are today! So you go tell his family how mexican illegals should be allowed to be here for the betterment of Americans!

Old 01-06-2008, 09:25 AM

751 posts, read 1,182,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Total speculative BS. You are not a credible poster
I have never met any economist that was against immigration (legal or illegal) Even Bernanke and Greenspan have favorable views on immigration. Maybe you know something the Fed does not know.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:30 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,887,078 times
Give me something to rip to shredds besides your lousy opinion. Im sure most of the elite in this country favor illgal immigration. Slaves mean more profit for them, its a good thing that at the state level a vote matters.

Its all over

Quote:
I have never met any economist that was against immigration (legal or illegal) Even Bernanke and Greenspan have favorable views on immigration. Maybe you know something the Fed does not know.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:33 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,251,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
We’ve given them the skills, now it’s time for them to go home and use them in their country.

With all the middle easterners that have invaded your country, maybe you should concentrate on your countries problems instead of meddling in ours.

The article is about immigration in general, not just the US. Your comments are from a person who has either not read the article or doesn't understand it.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:34 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,316,014 times
Quote:
Ah, once again, you are sadly misinformed - or, to put it another way - you are wrong.

You don't live with the illegal immigration problem - you don't live with the adverse consequences - you don't live with the overcrowded schools - the overcrowed hospitals because of illegal immigration - the increased crime - the degradation of communities - all because of illegal immigration

In other words - you don't know what you are talking about

Old 01-06-2008, 09:36 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,316,014 times
Quote:
Sorry - you have never met an economist -

You know nothing about the issue

LEGAL immigration is good

ILLEGAL immigration is bad

Got it now???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration