Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 11:36 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,348,760 times

Advertisements

donth8me: you are completely correct.. the mexican immigrants from 20 years ago had a deep respect for being able to come to America and live, assimilate with Americans but still have thier homeland culture. Many of the mexicans of today hold no morals and have no repect for others. Many have the idea that we Americans should give Freely, in anything they ask for. Thousands belong to gangs, run drugs and fill our prisons, which are illegally here. They are now growing massive amounts of weed in our National parks!
They want our way of life, but will never gain the social values that as Americans. They are stealing jobs of those that did come here legally, they think AS-LONG as they were able to accomplish the task of sneaking over the border.. we should allow them to take what we have, for free!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 11:43 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,766,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
So, why don't these "politicos" DO something about it?
Because those "politicos" are people like Fabian Nunez, Antonio Villareconquista, Loretta Sanchez, Xavier Becerra, Joe Baca, Hilda Solis, Richard Alatorre, Art Torres, Gloria Molina, Mario Obledo, et al. As a matter of fact, Obledo is the one who went on record as saying, "California is going to be a Hispanic state. Anyone who doesn't like it should leave."

Richard Alatorre, Los Angeles City Council member said, "They're afraid we're going to take over the governmental institutions and other institutions. They're right. We are going to take them over...we're here to stay."

Nice, eh?

BTW to the person who keeps dinging my rep with the word "misleading"...ow, ouch....it hurts so bad....I'm so depressed now I can barely move my lil' fingers to type this.....

Old 01-09-2008, 11:46 AM

100 posts, read 151,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Because those "politicos" are people like Fabian Nunez, Antonio Villareconquista, Loretta Sanchez, Xavier Becerra, Joe Baca, Hilda Solis, Richard Alatorre, Art Torres, Gloria Molina, Mario Obledo, et al. As a matter of fact, Obledo is the one who went on record as saying, "California is going to be a Hispanic state. Anyone who doesn't like it should leave."

Richard Alatorre, Los Angeles City Council member said, "They're afraid we're going to take over the governmental institutions and other institutions. They're right. We are going to take them over...we're here to stay."

Nice, eh?
Yes, don't they sound like all inclusive leaders that we want in America?

Old 01-09-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPatriot1 View Post
Yes, don't they sound like all inclusive leaders that we want in America?
Yeah baby...

For those of the Race...Everything.
For those outside the Race...Nothing.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Yeah baby...

For those of the Race...Everything.
For those outside the Race...Nothing.
I truly hope you are being sarcastic? I don't know you are you advocating that type of thinking?

Old 01-09-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPatriot1 View Post
I truly hope you are being sarcastic? I don't know you are you advocating that type of thinking?
I hardly think I would be the person to advocate La Raza propaganda.

Take a look at some of my other posts...

Old 01-09-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I hardly think I would be the person to advocate La Raza propaganda.

Take a look at some of my other posts...
Oh good. That's why I asked. I'm new here so taken in isolation it looked some things I've seen on other forums. I didn't want to put someone on ignore if I wasn't sure.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:02 PM

751 posts, read 1,184,595 times
Actually, I will be relocating to CA in the next couple years and I am very excited. There is no place in the United States like California. The idea that California is turning into Mexico is outrageous. Maybe a few parts of LA, very few parts of San Diego and even fewer parts of San Francisco. San Diego for example, right across from the border, one of the most beautiful cities in this country, very low crime and a hell of a city. If you live in East LA, Watts, South Central, then yes, those places are very undesirable but I don't think this is something new, Mexicans have been coming to CA for the last 100 years. I agree with the comments about Santa Ana. It is majority Hispanic but still a decent place(500 K + homes). Most of OC does not resemble Mexico at all. Most of the San Diego metro area has absolutely NOTHING of Mexico.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Actually, I will be relocating to CA in the next couple years and I am very excited. There is no place in the United States like California. The idea that California is turning into Mexico is outrageous. Maybe a few parts of LA, very few parts of San Diego and even fewer parts of San Francisco. San Diego for example, right across from the border, one of the most beautiful cities in this country, very low crime and a hell of a city. If you live in East LA, Watts, South Central, then yes, those places are very undesirable but I don't think this is something new, Mexicans have been coming to CA for the last 100 years. I agree with the comments about Santa Ana. It is majority Hispanic but still a decent place(500 K + homes). Most of OC does not resemble Mexico at all. Most of the San Diego metro area has absolutely NOTHING of Mexico.
Well, I was born and raised in Southern CA. You don't know what you're talking about. It use to be beautiful. IT'S NOT NOW. It's a garbage can except for those pockets of wealth and safety. There are beaches I use to go to during the summer and Santa Ana condition times and they were beautiful NOW I wouldn't walk my dog on them. You keep your head in the sand and it won't bother you. Good luck.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:12 PM

Hmmm...San Diego's crime rate is certainly nothing to write home about. It is about on par with the national average....
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Actual demographic details regarding the influx of "immigrants" into California for those who are interested in fact rather than lukeache's opinion. Keep in mind that this study was done in 1999. The numbers are most certainly higher now.

Center for Immigration Studies

Last edited by Yac; 02-14-2008 at 07:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration