Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 12:35 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,358,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Every job that Ive seen that an immigrant has, an American wouldnt do. I know that for a fact, because I hire them.
I disagree with this. This is perhaps, common for illegal immigrants (where the focus of this discussion is). If you look at fields like sciences, and IT, where well educated immigrants are handed jobs left and right, you're looking a jobs that Americans would do. Unfortunately, there just aren't enough qualified Americans to do them. The qualified ones already have jobs and are being fought over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 12:57 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,169,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Unless we start punishing who hiring them it is not going happen because benefits politicians and business owners.
Absolutely. Those who hire illegal immigrants should not get away with it. The only reason why illegal immigrants keep coming here is because we keep giving them jobs. We need to stop.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:20 PM

22,486 posts, read 12,036,216 times
Quote:
Every job that Ive seen that an immigrant has, an American wouldnt do. I know that for a fact, because I hire them.
^This is pure tripe.

Who do you think did those jobs before we got flooded with both legal and illegal immigration? Answer: Americans. Before we got inundated, restaurants were able to keep running, hotels had no problems finding housekeeping staff, landscaping companies had enough staff to keep in business. People who wanted nannies were able to find them. Nursing homes had enough workers.

When the supply exceeds the demand, wages get depressed. Americans live one family to a house/apartment and need to make a living wage. Unskilled immigrants---both legal and illegal---tend to live in overcrowded housing. Americans have taxes taken out of their paychecks. Illegal aliens often are paid under the table.

All that said, I hope that at least, you make a real effort to hire legal immigrants.

------------------------
I noticed that someone quoted a poster who apparently is demanding more links. A google search will find what you want to find.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:24 PM

22,486 posts, read 12,036,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
I disagree with this. This is perhaps, common for illegal immigrants (where the focus of this discussion is). If you look at fields like sciences, and IT, where well educated immigrants are handed jobs left and right, you're looking a jobs that Americans would do. Unfortunately, there just aren't enough qualified Americans to do them. The qualified ones already have jobs and are being fought over.
There are more than enough experienced, qualified Americans who want those STEM/IT jobs. You have to stop believing Gates and Zuckerberg who constantly lie about a non-existent shortage and demand more H1-Bs. Of course they like H1-Bs because they can underpay and overwork them, and since their visa is tied to the employer who sponsored them, they have to stay in that job.

We have talented American kids who want to pursue a career in STEM/IT but are dissuaded from doing so. They hear stories about new graduates can't find work in those fields while H1-Bs are here working. If a student has to take out large loans to fund his/her education, they worry about graduating without a job and lots of debt.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:41 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,318,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
One more thing. Out of these 9 million new jobs supposedly created (according to whether you believe that or not) most of them went to "immigrants". Why in the world is our government allowing in "immigrants" to take jobs that Americans need? Do Americans have to compete for sub-standard wages and drop to a third world lifestye in order to feed their own families?
Yup, apparently so.

That's why we're screwed.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:01 PM

63,004 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
You know that is nonsense and you are breaking the law by hiring illegal aliens.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,902,547 times
In my case I have lost jobs to legal immigrants, mostly visa workers. These are the so called jobs that Americans can't do but can like technology orientated. Don't kid yourself if you think this doesn't happen. I've had less skilled relatives and friends lose jobs to illegals. Many employers know they are illegal to pay slave wages to people who shouldn't be here. Also, like mentioned many illegals come here for welfare as evidenced by the huge percentage on welfare. We need to cut welfare to them and penalize employers who hire immigrants and illegals over Americans.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:14 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,245,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You know that is nonsense and you are breaking the law by hiring illegal aliens.
You need to sharpen up on your reading comprehension skills. I never said I hired illegals, I said I hired immigrants.

Im not asking you people, Im TELLING you. We hire people every year, 10-15 each year. We are seasonal. For every American who applies for a job, 20 immigrants apply. The few Americans we did hire ended up quitting in a week or 2. The work was too hard, they had to show up every day, they were late.

We've had immigrants working for us for over 10 years, Ill take them any day. They work hard, NEVER miss a day, and dont complain. Im not talking about highly technical jobs, Im talking about labor jobs. Forget Americans.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:30 PM

63,004 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
You need to sharpen up on your reading comprehension skills. I never said I hired illegals, I said I hired immigrants.

Im not asking you people, Im TELLING you. We hire people every year, 10-15 each year. We are seasonal. For every American who applies for a job, 20 immigrants apply. The few Americans we did hire ended up quitting in a week or 2. The work was too hard, they had to show up every day, they were late.

We've had immigrants working for us for over 10 years, Ill take them any day. They work hard, NEVER miss a day, and dont complain. Im not talking about highly technical jobs, Im talking about labor jobs. Forget Americans.
This is the illegal immigration forum and it is typical of the pro-illegals to call illegal aliens plain ole "immigrants". It is also typical of them to claim that they are doing jobs Americans won't do. If a job is only seasonal (and just what job might that be?) of course Americans don't want that they want full employment year around. The only seasonal job I can think of is crop picking and for that there are unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign workers. Year around jobs like landscaping, construction, restaurant, hospitality jobs, housekeeping, etc. Americans have always done but illegal aliens have flooded those markets by working for less. They nor legal immigrants are superior to American workers no matter what you are claiming.

Old 02-16-2015, 04:13 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,921,704 times
Quote:

Uh; you posted your 1st post in this thread in the ILLEGAL Immigration Forum, NOT the Legal Immigration Forum. Legal aliens are a different breed of cat and ain't the problem. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration