Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 06:26 PM

26,017 posts, read 22,209,069 times

Advertisements

It is bad enough watching what illegal immigration is doing to the area where we live and to our state, Kansas, but the more I learn, the more angry I get. I was looking at the photolistings for children available for adoption and even with a small "Hispanic" population, there were several sibling groups of 4 or more children looking for a home. So, decided to do a little research and I found an article that said that it would not be uncommon for anchor babies to be left at the hospital and/or social services to see the parents as unable to provide an appropriate home. So, more of my money is going to their children than I thought! One could figure that someone that crawled in to have their baby might not have the necessary accommodations to care for the baby and I just got to wonder if then, they don't set the parents and baby up since that little anchor has entitlements.

And, I was looking up some information about gun control and was at KBI's website and saw on the sidebar, our most wanted criminals: KBI - Kansas Bureau of Investigation - Kansas Most Wanted But, didn't I hear that these illegals came in to make a better life for their families? To do the work that US citizens don't want to do? We have more than enough US citizens committing crimes, especially related to illegal drugs, that we don't need to import any.

And, "the war on drugs"? What impact would securing the border do. I am guessing that we spend tons of money on the mock war on drugs that could have been better used in securing the border.

If this were happening to any other country in the world, the US would have troops there almost immediately.

I just don't see where all of this is going.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:30 PM

22,509 posts, read 12,055,173 times
Not only that but when parents get deported, they don't take their anchor babies with them---even though no one is stopping them from doing so. How anyone can leave their kids behind is beyond me. Any decent parent would take their kids with them.

The lamestream media works hard to be sure that people don't learn about how bad the illegal alien problem is. Instead, they just give us sob stories about illegals, even though no one is buying them.

We don't hear about Americans who were displaced by illegals. Rarely do they write about Americans who are struggling. Good thing we have the internet!

Old 03-06-2015, 12:53 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,907,547 times
I've been reading a lot about the welfare system in Illinois and how corrupt it is and one thing that disturbs me is how many illegals are on the system. In fact something I just posted stated that a huge percentage of those on welfare in Illinois are "immigrants" from Hispanic countries and most don't speak English. Our system encourages this when it states regardless of immigration status and the fact one has to speak Spanish to get a job at welfare. Yet the idiots like Gutierrez encourage it. Honestly I think these politicians like to stick it to middle class people. Illinois has a high unemployment rate and is in deep trouble we don't need to be encouraging more parasites which is what they are when they come for our generous welfare programs.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:03 AM

89 posts, read 134,226 times
shocked to see the fbi list in kansas looks the same as texas!

this country is doomed. lock and load. please be at the ready when called upon.

Old 03-07-2015, 01:01 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,382,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I've been reading a lot about the welfare system in Illinois and how corrupt it is and one thing that disturbs me is how many illegals are on the system. In fact something I just posted stated that a huge percentage of those on welfare in Illinois are "immigrants" from Hispanic countries and most don't speak English. Our system encourages this when it states regardless of immigration status and the fact one has to speak Spanish to get a job at welfare. Yet the idiots like Gutierrez encourage it. Honestly I think these politicians like to stick it to middle class people. Illinois has a high unemployment rate and is in deep trouble we don't need to be encouraging more parasites which is what they are when they come for our generous welfare programs.
I just saw Gutierrez on TV. He even started crying because he's so happy for the illegal criminals! He said it's wonderful to know that they will be able to go to college for FREE instead of being deported! BOS is an expert on this man. She can tell you all about that criminal!

OP, I get madder every time I hear something also. I keep telling myself not to watch the national news, or read the papers, but I'm still doing it. It's a habit that's hard to break. I read somewhere the list of things illegals get free. I'm pretty sure I listed a lot of them on here somewhere, but I would really like to find that original list. It's jaw dropping. They can cross the border and live very comfortably for the rest of their lives without working a day in their lives here! I don't know why in the world they want to become citizens. Illegals have it made here. Oh, I just remembered, Obama said they were going to still get all the benefits of being illegals when they become American citizens. Even the criminals. Did you hear the story about the 2 illegals who committed rape and murder in the U.S. on two young American girls, went to jail, and lawyers from Mexico came here and was able to get them released to them because they said the criminals didn't understand their rights because they don't understand English?! Did you know illegals can get on disability here in America because they can't understand English? That's a disability. Colleges are following all over themselves to give them free 4 year scholarships because they get something out of the deal. It was on Cavuto.

Did you hear the guy on Cavuto saying that illegals are American, in their hearts? That's BS because they can't wait to brag on how wonderful their culture is, and to fly their flag here, even over the American flag. I'm Angelina Jolie "in my heart", but I don't have her looks, money, or Brad Pitt.

Another thing that really infuriates me is that I've heard that they have started getting their millions of dollars, courtesy of the middle class American taxpayers, and are going on huge shopping binges. I thought the IRS was broke, and couldn't pay refunds out yet? I know too many citizens who couldn't afford medical insurance last year, and are being fined for it when they file this year. Well, they still can't afford it, so they very rarely go to the DR., but they still go to work every day because they can't afford not to! They still have to pay taxes so the lazy illegals can live a happy, debt free life. They go to the ER with the sniffles, because they can!

Is anyone ever going to stand up for the American citizens?

Old 03-07-2015, 06:58 AM

63,055 posts, read 29,256,181 times
I've always found it curious that Gutierrez who is from Puerto Rican roots is so adamant about defending illegal aliens and amnesty that will benefit mostly Mexicans since they are the largest group by far here illegally. Just what are his motives and agenda?

Old 03-07-2015, 07:33 AM

24,567 posts, read 17,321,260 times
I have relatives that immigrated to America and through determination, following the letter of the law and a bit of luck they now have their green cards. Not once did they ask for or demand handouts, instead they worked hard and adhered to the law.
They look back on their struggles and think how stupid was it when all they had to do was walk across the border and grab the ear of the American President and he actually silences his legal citizens and listens?

I'm not getting angry but I am getting worried. Allowing millions of low skilled non English speakers to enter this country and give them benefits in the form of tax payer welfare is a recipe for disaster.
Has there ever been a nation in history that has done this and survived? It starts as little chips and then the whole thing collapses due to internal rot and for what ??? A Future Democrat Voting base!

Old 03-07-2015, 08:50 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,931,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I have relatives that immigrated to America and through determination, following the letter of the law and a bit of luck they now have their green cards. Not once did they ask for or demand handouts, instead they worked hard and adhered to the law.
They look back on their struggles and think how stupid was it when all they had to do was walk across the border and grab the ear of the American President and he actually silences his legal citizens and listens?

I'm not getting angry but I am getting worried. Allowing millions of low skilled non English speakers to enter this country and give them benefits in the form of tax payer welfare is a recipe for disaster.
Has there ever been a nation in history that has done this and survived? It starts as little chips and then the whole thing collapses due to internal rot and for what ??? A Future Democrat Voting base!
Agreed tho many true "old school" Dems ARE pissed at hell at illegal aliens AND their fans.

Old 03-07-2015, 10:14 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,670,270 times
No one is "illegal." This is just more of the hatred the right likes to drum up against the poor and marginalized while the rich and powerful do the real damage to our economic system -- both by skipping out on taxes, taking massive government subsidies, and moving jobs overseas.

We should be standing in solidarity with those who are trying to make a better life for themselves, against those who try to divide us.

Old 03-07-2015, 10:21 AM

63,055 posts, read 29,256,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
No one is "illegal." This is just more of the hatred the right likes to drum up against the poor and marginalized while the rich and powerful do the real damage to our economic system -- both by skipping out on taxes, taking massive government subsidies, and moving jobs overseas.

We should be standing in solidarity with those who are trying to make a better life for themselves, against those who try to divide us.
Wrong! A person can be illegally in a country by being there without permission of their government. Your attempt to put a play on words has been tried before by the pro-illegals and doesn't cut it. Hatred isn't even an issue. It is an objection to the above. We have our own poor to worry about. You complain about the rich and powerful but illegal aliens are profiting from illegal alien labor so why would you advocate for them to be here to make them richer? No problem with immigrants coming here "legally" to make a better life for themselves. Illegal aliens create a worse life for our own citizens or don't they count?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration