Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 05:51 PM

26,118 posts, read 22,306,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
No one is "illegal." This is just more of the hatred the right likes to drum up against the poor and marginalized while the rich and powerful do the real damage to our economic system -- both by skipping out on taxes, taking massive government subsidies, and moving jobs overseas.

We should be standing in solidarity with those who are trying to make a better life for themselves, against those who try to divide us.
I am sorry, I don't stand in solidarity with criminals nor people who harbor 3rd world disease and pests, lie, steal, have babies to get on OUR welfare system, steal the education dollars from OUR students since so much more is spent to educate the children of illegals(anchor babies) and the illegal children

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
If anyone has "hatred" it is you. You have hatred for the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens. So many Americans have been displaced in the work force or have seen their wages depressed due to illegal immigration.

Speaking of "skipping out on taxes", illegals do that every single day. They get away with it by being paid under the table. Then there are those who use fake or stolen SSNs thus leaving the true owners of those SSNs in a world of hurt.

Did you know that, according to the law, it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it? The SSA won't tell you when this happens. You only find out when the IRS comes after you for not filing taxes for a job you never worked.

We don't owe illegals "a better life". What we owe them is deportation orders.
The above post was just well worth repeating again.

Another list of people coming illegally to the US "to make a better life for themselves": Examples of Serious Crimes of Illegal Aliens and ICE Document Details 36,000 Criminal Alien Releases in 2013 | Center for Immigration Studies

You know what, I had a friend long ago that was arrested for attempted armed robbery of a liquor store, would you believe that he went to prison for quite some time and then they had him on probation for a long time and, how fair was that since he was just trying to make a better life for himself and his family? I guess I should have went and picketed the prison since this was SO unfair. I also had a distant relative that was an accountant for Montgomery Wards, I think it was, and he had financial issues so he took a few thousand dollars to make life better for his family and he went to prison too. Both of these men should have been forgiven under the "they were just trying to make a better life for their family".

I decided to google for benefits for illegals: http://www.childrensaidsociety.org/f...migrants-1.pdf and http://www.nysenate.gov/report/what-...aliens-receive

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 03-07-2015 at 06:15 PM..

Old 03-07-2015, 06:21 PM

63,314 posts, read 29,388,381 times
Quote:
No, he was born in Chicago.

Since Puerto Ricans are American citizens, amnesty does impact them. As I've pointed out before, far too many Puerto Ricans have been victims of ID theft by illegals. Not to mention unskilled ones suffer as much as other Americans, as they, too, have been displaced or seen their wages depressed by illegals.

By throwing Puerto Ricans under the bus, he is punishing them along with other American citizens. He mainly wants to see PRs suffer, IMO, and if other Americans suffer, he doesn't care.
While I can see your point illegal aliens aren't invading Puerto Rico though they are coming here. I still think it's about what I posted before more than anything else. One can't name one Hispanic congressman that isn't pro-amnesty and that also defends illegal aliens on our soil....not one and that's just a fact.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:04 PM

22,546 posts, read 12,115,171 times
Actually, Puerto Rico has a big problem with illegal Dominicans. Plus some Haitians have been caught trying to enter by boat. Every day, Dominicans try to get to PR by boat through the Mona Passage which has very strong currents. The Coast Guard gets a lot of them and destroys their boats. Others die trying. Sometimes Dominicans fly into San Juan pretending to just be tourists and never leave.

Actually, there are 2 Hispanic congressmen who don't defend illegals. Here they are along with their "better immigration" grades:

Jamie Herrera Beutler -- A+
Raul Labrador -- A+

All the rest get a grade of F-, with the exception of Devin Nunez who gets a D+ --- not that is anything to brag about.

It's a shame that there aren't more like Beutler and Labrador.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:12 PM

63,314 posts, read 29,388,381 times
Quote:
Actually, Puerto Rico has a big problem with illegal Dominicans. Plus some Haitians have been caught trying to enter by boat. Every day, Dominicans try to get to PR by boat through the Mona Passage which has very strong currents. The Coast Guard gets a lot of them and destroys their boats. Others die trying. Sometimes Dominicans fly into San Juan pretending to just be tourists and never leave.

Actually, there are 2 Hispanic congressmen who don't defend illegals. Here they are along with their "better immigration" grades:

Jamie Herrera Beutler -- A+
Raul Labrador -- A+

All the rest get a grade of F-, with the exception of Devin Nunez who gets a D+ --- not that is anything to brag about.
e
It's a shame that there aren't more like Beutler and Labrador.
But Gutierrez isn't defending, pushing amnesty or getting involved in any illegal alien problem in Puerto Rico. He is an illegal sympathizer to those who are entering the U.S.

I wasn't aware of the two you mentioned above. It's surprising so they must be Republicans. But the fact remains that most of them are quite the opposite and it is based on ethnic ties and a desire to turn us into a majority Hispanic country. There is just no denying that.

Last edited by Oldglory; 03-07-2015 at 08:21 PM..

Old 03-07-2015, 08:29 PM

22,546 posts, read 12,115,171 times
Those who illegally enter Puerto Rico are entering because it is US soil. Some of them even manage to get to the Mainland

Old 03-12-2015, 04:40 PM

39,939 posts, read 26,647,294 times
Quote:
No one is "illegal." This is just more of the hatred the right likes to drum up against the poor and marginalized while the rich and powerful do the real damage to our economic system -- both by skipping out on taxes, taking massive government subsidies, and moving jobs overseas.

We should be standing in solidarity with those who are trying to make a better life for themselves, against those who try to divide us.
The person isn't "illegal", the act is. The person is a criminal. No more, no less. "Making a better life for themselves"? The same could be said for any armed robber or burglar. Except they probably suck less away from those that actually created wealth.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:01 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,509,345 times
Quote:

I see you live in our southern liberal city of Seattle suburbs. How do you like the crowds? Crime? Want even more? Just imagine Seattle turning into another LA. Ever been there?

I agree with you about the rich and powerful who manipulate the system for their own gain to the detriment of the rest of us. But, to surrender this country to people who have no education above the basics, poor hygiene and health, who want to keep their culture and language is national suicide. We do NOT need any more poor destitute people. The 50s, 60s and 70s are gone, gone, gone. I am more concerned with our vets, our elderly, our own children.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:40 PM

31,303 posts, read 22,291,489 times
A good start would be a fast turn around for the worst criminals that the current Administration has let loose on the street. As AnywhereElse's link points out we are not being protected:
  • 193 homicide convictions (including one willful killing of a public official with gun)
  • 426 sexual assault convictions
  • 303 kidnapping convictions
  • 1,075 aggravated assault convictions
  • 1,160 stolen vehicle convictions
  • 9,187 dangerous drug convictions
  • 16,070 drunk or drugged driving convictions
  • 303 flight escape convictions

Old 03-18-2015, 12:45 AM

13,585 posts, read 15,753,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I've always found it curious that Gutierrez who is from Puerto Rican roots is so adamant about defending illegal aliens and amnesty that will benefit mostly Mexicans since they are the largest group by far here illegally. Just what are his motives and agenda?
He's motivated by his hate and jealousy towards traditional Americans. He just wants to see this country destroyed, in order to satisfy his mouth-frothing psychosis.

It may at first not seem logical, since he lives here, but alas it's analogous to the story of the scorpion and the frog -- the scorpion is willing to sacrifice itself in order to satisfy its desire to kill the frog.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:25 AM

20,523 posts, read 15,952,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
He's motivated by his hate and jealousy towards traditional Americans. He just wants to see this country destroyed, in order to satisfy his mouth-frothing psychosis.

It may at first not seem logical, since he lives here, but alas it's analogous to the story of the scorpion and the frog -- the scorpion is willing to sacrifice itself in order to satisfy its desire to kill the frog.
Too bad the scorpion can't be stepped on 1st to stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration