Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 12:30 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times

Advertisements

The following link has video of the vet!

A Veteran from Reno, Nev. has hit headlines after he took matters into his own hands yesterday and tore down a Mexican flag that was being illegally flown above a U.S. flag at a local business.
Local news station krnv News 4 had received calls yesterday afternoon from angry residents complaining about the Mexican flag. When the station sent a reporter to investigate the Veteran took the opportunity to make a statement in front of the cameras.

The man commented "I'm Jim Brossert and I took this flag down in honor of my country with a knife from the United States army.

Veteran Removes Illegal Mexican Flag, May Be Charged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 01:13 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,839 times
He's a freaking hero.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:20 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,403 times
"The Reno police department has told krnv that Brossert will faces charges for theft if the store owner files a police report of what happened."

he's a freaking thief, according to our own american law. man, who saw that one coming? oh yeah. me.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
"The Reno police department has told krnv that Brossert will faces charges for theft if the store owner files a police report of what happened."

he's a freaking thief, according to our own american law. man, who saw that one coming? oh yeah. me.
Shouldn't have flown the Mexican flag above the US flag. Too bad, so sad.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:23 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
This is what happens when you take the law into your own hands.
He should have just reported it, it was a stupid thing to do.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:24 PM

we have a court system to deal with criminals. vigilante justice is not encouraged. that is why he is now considered a thief.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
we have a court system to deal with criminals. vigilante justice is not encouraged. that is why he is now considered a thief.
Considered a thief by SOME. Not by me. Do you HONESTLY think the authorities would have done anything about it? Please. The way I see it, their illegal actions at LEAST cancel each other out.

Flag Code - Position and manner of display

Old 10-04-2007, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
"I'm Jim Brossert and I took this flag down in honor of my country with a knife from the United States army."
how do you honor your country by committing a crime?

Old 10-04-2007, 01:36 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Considered a thief by SOME. Not by me. Do you HONESTLY think the authorities would have done anything about it? Please. The way I see it, their illegal actions at LEAST cancel each other out.

Flag Code - Position and manner of display
So you are admitting that the Flag Code is not upheld as Law?
I honestly think the authorities would have said something.

I would guess this man will be discharged.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:37 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Quote:

You are the one who usually supports lawbreakers, are you racist against white people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration