Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:17 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,958,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I never said they say "encourage" PL -

I said the Mexican Government publishes a safety booklet.

Funny though - the Mexican Government also does not say - "Don't Go"
They don't say go either, let us stop jumping to conclusions. People come here on their own free will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 07:22 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,446,964 times
Quote:
I never said they say "encourage" PL -

I said the Mexican Government publishes a safety booklet.

Funny though - the Mexican Government also does not say - "Don't Go"
I was in the Atlanta airport the other day, on a short layover. To kill time, I went to the bookstore and front and center was Vicente Fox's "Revolution of Hope." I read the synopsis: To paraphrase: "The Berlin wall didn't work, the Great Wall of China didn't work, America is not building a wall, it's building a prison."

In other words, America should open its borders. (We'll disregard the fact that both the Berlin wall and the Great Wall of China worked remarkably well!)

This is the former (failed) president of a (failing) nation (no country that has between 10 and 20% of its population living somewhere else can be considered a "successful" nation). He isn't making any bones about his "vision" and that vision shared by Mexico's elite, who see the US as a pressure release valve to send the poor and repressed, in order to maintain control without succumbing to the types of democratization and civil rights upheavals that most of the rest of the civilized world went through 50 years ago.

Quite frankly ANY person who fancies themselves a fighter for social justice who makes whiny excuses for illegal immigration is a fraud and a wannabe.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:27 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,476,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Yea like the Mexican Government is urging everyone to come here, its all over the news "Mexicans go to the U.S" .
Are you aware that you can as a Mexican citizen have your illegal address here in the US placed on your Mexican drivers license and embassy card?

Open your eyes, the more Mexican citizens that come here, the less Mexico has to do to take care of their own people AND while they are here a good amount of the money they make doesn't go back into the economy here, it goes to Mexico so they don't have to worry about industries to support the country, they have the money being sent home by illegals.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Are you aware that you can as a Mexican citizen have your illegal address here in the US placed on your Mexican drivers license and embassy card?

Open your eyes, the more Mexican citizens that come here, the less Mexico has to do to take care of their own people
AND while they are here a good amount of the money they make doesn't go back into the economy here, it goes to Mexico so they don't have to worry about industries to support the country, they have the money being sent home by illegals.
Thats the whole point, they don't take care of their people. Which is the exact reason they come to the U.S in the first place.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Thats the whole point, they don't take care of their people. Which is the exact reason they come to the U.S in the first place.
Why should it be up to the US to take care of them? If we send them back then Mexico will HAVE to start taking care of their own. Just like the article mentions, Mexico is starting to put programs in place because it has become necessary. The eyes of the media are on them now.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Why should it be up to the US to take care of them? If we send them back then Mexico will HAVE to start taking care of their own. Just like the article mentions, Mexico is starting to put programs in place because it has become necessary. The eyes of the media are on them now.
It is not up to the U.S to take care of them. Sending them back to Mexico would be inefficient for us and them. We will have to spend billions finding, convicting, holding all these people in prisons and on top of that have to build the fence and put guards on it 24/7. Want to know how easy it is for illegal immigrants to come in to the U.S? I went through INS on the border last week, the officer asked us if we were all U.S citizens and we all said yes. Of course my brother had to say "no!" in order to be funny but he knew he was joking. We could of had 5 people in our van and the officer would of never noticed. I was asleep when we crossed the border. LOL

Old 01-14-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
It is not up to the U.S to take care of them. Sending them back to Mexico would be inefficient for us and them. We will have to spend billions finding, convicting, holding all these people in prisons and on top of that have to build the fence and put guards on it 24/7. Want to know how easy it is for illegal immigrants to come in to the U.S? I went through INS on the border last week, the officer asked us if we were all U.S citizens and we all said yes. Of course my brother had to say "no!" in order to be funny but he knew he was joking. We could of had 5 people in our van and the officer would of never noticed. I was asleep when we crossed the border. LOL
At the rate they are leaving, I don't think we are going to have to hunt them down. If our laws make it imposible to live, they will go home.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:39 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,311,776 times
Quote:

Why PL - WHY are we (the United States) expected to take care of Mexicans from Mexico who come here illegally?

Why PL?

Old 01-14-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Why PL - WHY are we (the United States) expected to take care of Mexicans from Mexico who come here illegally?

Why PL?
We are not expected to take care of them, nor should tax dollars be spent on illegals under any circumstances. I agree on that.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:44 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,311,776 times
Quote:
We are not expected to take care of them, nor should tax dollars be spent on illegals under any circumstances. I agree on that.
But, the FACT remains that, in California, where you live, the TAXPAYERS spent over 6 billion dollars on illegals last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration