Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:38 PM

411 posts, read 468,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuita View Post
This forum is so unreal, people here are so eloquent about their feelings of entitlement just because they were born here by chance, and how they expect everyone to come here through an obsolete immigration system, up until the 1930's there were not even specific laws for immigration, our friends from south of the border also feel entitled since the land belongued to their ancestors much earlier than to the americans of today, beleive me, nothing is going to change, the mexicans will keep coming by the millions.

You're right, people talk about the usa as "my country", when we are just
transient travelers in time, not even the native americans should have such claims(although I never hear them talking in those terms).....

Old 10-22-2009, 09:46 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You CAN’T be serious. Do you think this is an amnesty relay? In other words, we shouldn’t worry about more illegal immigration -- it’s inevitable. We should simply accept it, grant amnesty to the current illegals, and then wait another 15-20 years and grant amnesty to the next wave. Incredible!
The pro illegals still believe their own BS-----------especially in this nasty recession.

Frankly; the odds are also quite high that in 10-20 years, the borders will be locked up tight and immigration to the USA will be extremely difficult----------as it should be. We as a nation have the right to pick and choose whom we let in; if such a policy offends Mexico (or any other nation)-------tough!

Old 10-22-2009, 10:42 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,425,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The pro illegals still believe their own BS-----------especially in this nasty recession.

Frankly; the odds are also quite high that in 10-20 years, the borders will be locked up tight and immigration to the USA will be extremely difficult----------as it should be. We as a nation have the right to pick and choose whom we let in; if such a policy offends Mexico (or any other nation)-------
Quote:
tough!
To put it mildley...yes.
But amnesty is not going to drop as simply as expected. There are too many American Citizens against it.
La Raza is scratching the internet for more support as we speak.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:15 AM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You CAN’T be serious. Do you think this is an amnesty relay? In other words, we shouldn’t worry about more illegal immigration -- it’s inevitable. We should simply accept it, grant amnesty to the current illegals, and then wait another 15-20 years and grant amnesty to the next wave. Incredible!
Because, you know, they are ALL hard working and would simply start churning tax revenue for this Country. None would be on the public dole

Old 10-23-2009, 06:34 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
I see a lot of ideas that are well intentioned, however, unrealistic, deportation, or jail and deportation have, and will always be a revolving door. Amnesty, like it or not, is the only solution, it makes all these people legal, tax collection increases, they may even pay for their legalization, is a win-win situation, will it stop immigration? of course not, however 15 or 20 years down the road we can do it all over again, and this way we don't waste so many tax dollars.....
Are you kidding me? We shouldn't be a revolving door for illegal aliens. It isn't unrealistic to rid ourselves of most of these illegals. All we need to do is implement e-verify and create a tamper proof biometric I.D. card for U.S. citizens. They will leave on their own without jobs. Taking away all benefits such as education and healthcare and re-interpreting the birthright citizenship amendment. That is the right solution, not permanantely increasing our populaltion by these millions and their broods and then doing it all over again in 20 years. Not to mention that we would become another Hispanic nation and lose our culture and language.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:53 PM

3 posts, read 3,669 times
dont be mean, i came here not knowing what the future hold cause i was young over the summer in 2000 i babysat for this family which was nice since they spoke french n i spoke french and englishthey ask me if i wanted to move to the US with them now i lived on this beatiful island going to school doing everything right so i said i ahve everything i want here so no they said i would have a better chance in the U.S i spoke to my mom then they spoke to her and told her so that i can help their kids with english so my mom ask about all the important stuffs they said their lawyer is waiting for me in when they get there they will check out schools for me well i got to states it was all lies i became their maid they never said to me they were sorry all they said was they would not want their kids in that situation i did'nt know about the legal system and it was not my fault i went through hell abuse i had to message the husband when the wife left and all he said was if i tell his wife she would kick me out

Old 02-22-2010, 05:02 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,204 times
It is a joke to them,but the BIGGEST JOKE is the OBAMA/NAPOLITANO homeland security team.Illegals have been using boats to come in by water in S. Calif,Walking in, and swimming in and these 2 clowns dare talk about homeland security,what a JOKE!!!!It is only a matter of time with this Administrations failures that we will see another attack on American soil.In regards to Cheney's rants,him an Bush Jr. miserably failed at foreign policy and started both wars that Obama is continuing.You cannot fight a strategic war against fanatics,they are recruiting terrorists faster then we are killing them and it is a lost cause,let them kill each other we need to deal with the security at haome instead of propping up corrupt governments overseas.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:16 PM

3 posts, read 3,669 times
so its not everyone that wants to break the lawyer how about those criminals like this one that said to me i would have more chances in the US i didnt do anything to anyone to deserve this but am living with it is there any justice for me i dont think so but since i got married and hopefully we apply i am planning on sueing them my life will never be the same i do have a wonderful husband but he cant change what happened to me i would love to see people like them pay i never finish school u guys could be mean about illegal imm i am one not proud of it but i dint ask for it i was lied to i was just a kid if the legal system need to purnish me they need to purnish them also immagine having your daughter go throught what i went through and she has no voice her family can help cause she has none here i want justice

Old 02-22-2010, 05:51 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,425,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia83 View Post
so its not everyone that wants to break the lawyer how about those criminals like this one that said to me i would have more chances in the US i didnt do anything to anyone to deserve this but am living with it is there any justice for me i dont think so but since i got married and hopefully we apply i am planning on sueing them my life will never be the same i do have a wonderful husband but he cant change what happened to me i would love to see people like them pay i never finish school u guys could be mean about illegal imm i am one not proud of it but i dint ask for it i was lied to i was just a kid if the legal system need to purnish me they need to purnish them also immagine having your daughter go throught what i went through and she has no voice her family can help cause she has none here i want justice
If your Husband is LEGAL and as wonderful as you claim, he will "legally" get you Nationalized as a legal US Citizen.

Until you become a legal US Citizen, there's not much you can do about your past.
Once your an Legal US Citizen, you may be able to file a law suit against those who extorted and slandered you into childhood slavery.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
unless we begin to have real border control, deportation is meaningless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration