Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:09 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,513,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Personally, I think everyone who lives in the USA and pays taxes in the USA ought to be allowed to vote. That's what democracy is---people choosing the government of the country they live in.
Think what you like, that's your right. However, that doesn't make it right. Only citizens of the USA have the right to vote as it should be. Illegal aliens should be deported or jailed for the crimes they commit.

P.S. Illegals don't pay income taxes when paid in cash which is the norm. They also use false ID's committing fraud or identity theft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 08:22 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,350,036 times
Quote:
Personally, I think everyone who lives in the USA and pays taxes in the USA ought to be allowed to vote. That's what democracy is---people choosing the government of the country they live in.
Not if they are NOT a citizen, and NOT if they are paying taxes by stealing someone's SS#, or making one up.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:51 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,604,266 times
Quote:

People have a right to vote in the country in which they live ONLY if they are also a legal citizen. We have troops stationed throughout the world.....Should they have voting rights in those countries? What about the troops fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan? I'm sure the citizens of those countries would relish their input as much as we tremendously appreciate the incessant meddling of the Mexican government.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:21 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,859,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Then he is aiding and abetting voter fraud. If i work at a liqour store and someone brings me a fake id, i would tell them it's fake and refuse to sell them alchol. So my question is why don't you or haven't alerted the authorities all those times you have seen people signing up illegals?
Very good point!

We can point our fingers all we want and blame illegals for coming here, but we also have to blame everyone else that helps them stay.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:46 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,527,380 times
Quote:
Thankfully, the rule of law doesn't consult you and what you think when figuring out who gets to be here, and who gets to vote. Try going to live illegally in another "democracy" and assert these rights over there - you'll be ejected so fast you won't know what hit you.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:55 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,527,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Very good point!

We can point our fingers all we want and blame illegals for coming here, but we also have to blame everyone else that helps them stay.
Unfortunately, we in CA have noticed that we have to roll over and "take it" because LE sides with the illegals. It makes one think that the directive is coming from the top that illegals are untouchable and must be protected at all costs, including going against true citizens. Ouch.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:57 PM

902 posts, read 722,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Very good point!

Yes and that also goes for the people who openly support illegals being in this country, of which many are in this group.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:00 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,747,744 times
Your government dont care if they illegally come to America, why should they care if they vote?

I bet the the politicos even encourage it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration