Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:53 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,541,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I think we need to deport even the anchor babies and the entire family. No more automatic citizenship at all to anyone.
Time to stop the insanity, they ALL must go. Round up the entire family and deport them. If they are legal and they have the paperwork they can come back in legally.

TOTAL DEPORTATION STARTS NOW !
Hey my mother was here on a Visa, my father is an American, does that make me an anchor baby?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 09:02 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,348,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Hey my mother was here on a Visa, my father is an American, does that make me an anchor baby?
it all depends.. did the visa run out? did she stay even after it ran out?
a visa is a temporary permit to enter our country.
did she gain full legal U.S. citizenship prior to you being born?
did she get a temporary work visa just to give birth here?
That is another loop-hole in our laws.. they will get a temporary work
visa.. knowing they are pregnant.. just to come and give birth here
without ever working.. it is a known fact that they will do this.
so it all depends... of course we will never know the true facts.. will we!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,541,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
it all depends.. did the visa run out? did she stay even after it ran out?
a visa is a temporary permit to enter our country.
did she gain full legal U.S. citizenship prior to you being born?
did she get a temporary work visa just to give birth here?
That is another loop-hole in our laws.. they will get a temporary work
visa.. knowing they are pregnant.. just to come and give birth here
without ever working.. it is a known fact that they will do this.
so it all depends... of course we will never know the true facts.. will we!
Well you know what technically she went illegal, as I had to admit on my application to the US Navy. However, they let me in and serve for the United States, go to War..now you folks would deport me and my family?

So would you all deport just the Mexican anchor babies or everyone going back to the late 1800's and their children? Where does this retroactive deportation stop?

I can tell you 1 thing, you ain't deporting this beaner...some of you people have let this illegal immigration subject drive you loco.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:28 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,348,760 times
you asked.. I answered.. but you reply without a truthful answer... just more twisting of words.. and you asked to begin with!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:38 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,523,379 times
Here's how I see it (my opinion only, I am not claiming that these are laws, rules, or anything aside from how I feel about this situation).

At least one parent US citizen - child is not an anchor baby (regardless of which parent is citizen). Illegal alien parent should be considered for permanent residency or work visa based on prior arrest and conviction history (with no automatic path to citizenship), which would immediately be revoked and deportation proceedings if found convicted of any crime (not including parking tickets of course ). I say this because the child should not be punished by having an absent father or mother as long as that parent is willing to accept the rule of law.

Both parents illegal aliens - anchor baby. Both parents should be deported, and they can either choose to take their child(ren) home with them, or leave them here if they wish. By doing so, they lose custody of the child(ren) and will not ever have a chance to use the citizen child as a path to their own citizenship. All bets are off if they choose to leave them behind. (There is no rule in any other country I know of, that will not grant your child your own citizenship if you deliver your child abroad, i.e. if both parents are Mexican nationals, then by Mexican law the child is a candidate for Mexican citizenship despite being born abroad.)

That would really separate the chaff from the grain. In my book, any parent who would use their offspring as a tool instead of wanting to keep them to raise them themselves regardless of where they must live is no parent at all. Those children would be better off adopted out into families that can provide love and care instead of seeing them as a ticket to citizenship in a foreign country.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:50 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,217,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
you asked.. I answered.. but you reply without a truthful answer... just more twisting of words.. and you asked to begin with!
Mach50's father was/is a US citizen when Mach50 was born; that would automatically make Mach50 a US citizen by default no matter where he was born.

As for Mach50's mother being an illegal immigrant here; if/when the Anchor baby law is changed, it would not apply to Mach50 because, if nothing else, he woulld be grandfathered in-----------even if both of has parents were illegal.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:29 AM

157 posts, read 310,480 times
Cool Logic

He went to the Navy. The man was man enough to serve his country. He's LEGAL in my book. I have trouble with the others saying, "I won't serve it isn't my country." Now, there is a difference. A big difference.Others are on welfare, foodstamps, etc. The Navy was no Picnic in the Park.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:45 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,601,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGIC View Post
He went to the Navy. The man was man enough to serve his country. He's LEGAL in my book. I have trouble with the others saying, "I won't serve it isn't my country." Now, there is a difference. A big difference.Others are on welfare, foodstamps, etc. The Navy was no Picnic in the Park.
Agreed, wholeheartedly.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:51 AM

407 posts, read 801,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Agreed, wholeheartedly.
I also agree but he still loves illegals and that is what the problem is.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:56 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,601,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
I also agree but he still loves illegals and that is what the problem is.
I agree with this, as well. It's disappointing when Americans choose to align themselves with criminals rather than fellow citizens, especially when that alignment brings on more problems for that American.

If you don't like being 'racially profiled', stop making decisions based on race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration