Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 03:40 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,348,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
What the hell? Show me this post, I'm excited to see it because I have never said that. Jesus now I'm accused of being an anchor baby? Who the hell am I trying to anchor? my parents are both citizens already. If they didn't even have their passport we couldn't of gone to Mexico this past summer on the air plane.

I know.. I didn't say anything about them NOT being U.S. citizens NOW..
YOU said. they became U.S. citizens before coming here..
well.. here are a few past posts of yours..

"Thats why my parents came to this country, Legally (except my mom but shes now a citizen). To raise a family in a nice neighborhood and enjoy life. I plan to do the same, anyone who stops me/slows me down will be regulated upon and will be shown no mercy. But I'm not talking about 1 million, it isn't enough anymore. I'm talking about a few million 10 or 20 would be nice."
https://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...ml#post2053859

No your not insane. WAS is the key word. I believe she still had to take the citizenship test however and passed. She came here illegally and was an illegal immigrant for a while. When I took a test on see how much I
https://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...ml#post1962188

My mom got married and became pregnant in Mexico. She came over here and had me. My dad is an American citizen, therefore I am an American. I am just as American as Mitt Romney
https://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...ml#post2504932

so,, if your mother.. who you claimed several times to be a LEGAL U.S. citizen PRIOR to entering our country.. PRIOR to having a child.. how is this possible??? How can an illegal pregnant woman able to be in our country.. give birth and still be legal at the same??? I would assume that baby would in fact be an anchor baby... if she did NOT have legal citizenship...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 04:18 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,963,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post

I know.. I didn't say anything about them NOT being U.S. citizens NOW..
YOU said. they became U.S. citizens before coming here..
well.. here are a few past posts of yours..

"Thats why my parents came to this country, Legally (except my mom but shes now a citizen). To raise a family in a nice neighborhood and enjoy life. I plan to do the same, anyone who stops me/slows me down will be regulated upon and will be shown no mercy. But I'm not talking about 1 million, it isn't enough anymore. I'm talking about a few million 10 or 20 would be nice."
https://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...ml#post2053859

No your not insane. WAS is the key word. I believe she still had to take the citizenship test however and passed. She came here illegally and was an illegal immigrant for a while. When I took a test on see how much I
https://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...ml#post1962188

My mom got married and became pregnant in Mexico. She came over here and had me. My dad is an American citizen, therefore I am an American. I am just as American as Mitt Romney
https://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...ml#post2504932

so,, if your mother.. who you claimed several times to be a LEGAL U.S. citizen PRIOR to entering our country.. PRIOR to having a child.. how is this possible??? How can an illegal pregnant woman able to be in our country.. give birth and still be legal at the same??? I would assume that baby would in fact be an anchor baby... if she did NOT have legal citizenship...
I never said prior, I forgot what its called but some sort of "status" that if your husband is an American citizen you can come here. She didn't become a citizen right away, she was a resident. She didn't become a citizen until I believe 1998-1999.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:08 PM

resident does not mean LEGAL U.S. citizen..
so in other words.. you were born BEFORE she was an actual LEGAL U.S. citizen.. making you what is termed.. an anchor baby.. just because your father..."may" have been a full U.S. citizen.. it still does not exclude the fact that being just a resident.. is far from being an actual legal U.S. citizen.

and we only have your word.. that they are actually LEGAL U.S. citizens...

Old 01-26-2008, 06:37 PM

309 posts, read 366,829 times
AHHHHH........

"Was illegal, then not.....now legal, daddy was legal, mommy was a "resident, became legal, was illegal, I was born here.....I'm legal!

THIS is gettin' old and re-enforces MY belief that:

(1). Those who came here ILLEGALLY.......should NOT EVER be granted ANY Amnesty or if they have/had "anchor babies" NOT AUTOMATICALLY LEGAL American citizens because they were physically, born on American soil.
(2). A HEAVILY GUARDED BORDER.......guarded with a massive arsenal of many weapons and rocket launchers with a "SHOOT FIRST" policy strictly adhered to and routinely enforced!
(3). A MASSIVE roundup of ALL known ILLEGAL immigrants and IMMEDIATE deportation of them........could put 1000 of 'em on a 747 at a time......and the tight quarters of the flight to Mexico City, New Delhi, Bogota, Tegucigalpa or wherever else........should NOT be anything they are not already used to......if they can live so comfortably with 10 or 12 in a one bedroom apartment!
WHATEVER the total cost..........so be it! SEND the bill to the Presidents of whatever country the flights go to!
(4). A MASSIVE roundup of ALL known employers of ILLEGALS here in America and either offer them a spot on the plane with the illegals or REAL jailtime!
(5). NEW LAWS enacted immediately......allowing the IMMEDIATE USE of lethal force to "prevent" ANYONE from even thinking of crossing.....as a FIRST choice of DEFENSE/border protection/security.......for all border guards!
AND......NEW LAWS......Greatly RESTRICTING and tightening up the necessary requirements/qualifications for ANYONE to BECOME a LEGAL AMERICAN citizen too!
(6). ENFORCEMENT of ALL of the ABOVE forever!

Anything short of the above options IS NOT going to do a thing for this problem and actually.....encourages the same old thing to continue and get even worse!
I WOULD VOTE AGAIN..........for the politician who publicly states HE/SHE WOULD SUPPORT AND SEEK.........for ALL of the ABOVE to happen and exist!

Old 01-26-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
resident does not mean LEGAL U.S. citizen..
so in other words.. you were born BEFORE she was an actual LEGAL U.S. citizen.. making you what is termed.. an anchor baby.. just because your father..."may" have been a full U.S. citizen.. it still does not exclude the fact that being just a resident.. is far from being an actual legal U.S. citizen.

and we only have your word.. that they are actually LEGAL U.S. citizens...
resident may not mean legal but it definitely does not mean illegal. Anchor babies are only children of illegals.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:20 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,549,173 times
Quote:
resident may not mean legal but it definitely does not mean illegal. Anchor babies are only children of illegals.
Okay PL, I accept your claims, but maybe you should just ask your parents so that we can know for sure. All this speculating is rather pointless.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Okay PL, I accept your claims, but maybe you should just ask your parents so that we can know for sure. All this speculating is rather pointless.
Why would I ask them If they told me? What the hell do you guys care anyway?

Old 01-27-2008, 12:15 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,549,173 times
Quote:
Why would I ask them If they told me? What the hell do you guys care anyway?
You: "I forgot what its called..."

Find out what it's called, and then we'll know.

Speaking for myself, I couldn't care less about your parents' immigration status, but since it's a topic of discussion, I'd like to know the facts of that discussion.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You: "I forgot what its called..."

Find out what it's called, and then we'll know.

Speaking for myself, I couldn't care less about your parents' immigration status, but since it's a topic of discussion, I'd like to know the facts of that discussion.
Its called an Immigrant Visa.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:42 AM

which is a temparary visa.. still someone that is NOT of OUR country.. still means NOT a U.S. citizen.. so to be correct on this.. you are in fact an anchor baby...

and we still only have your word for it.. that they are now.. LEGAL U.S. citizens.. and why would you be wanting a dual citizenship? Why would ANYONE who.. says.. they are an American,..(let me re-phrase that) who says they are a U.S. citizen.. EVER want to even consider becoming or having legal citizenship with mexico? To me.. that's just a mexican who wants to be able to gain everything from America.. then when thier done using our country,, they'll take what they obtained from America.. and jump back over to mexico.. doesn't seem to be a real American to me...

Last edited by Arizona Bound; 01-27-2008 at 02:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration