Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:34 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,655 times

Advertisements

I would have done the exact same thing, only I would have lit the Mexican flag on fire before I left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 07:46 PM

18 posts, read 38,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
Some body needs to take that mexican flag and shove it right up that NON-American mexican business owners ....!

you give these lowlifes a chance to be here in OUR country and this is how they respect America! ABSOLUTELY DISCUSTING!

KICK HIS BUTT ALL THE WAY BACK OVER THE BORDER WHERE HE .. AND THE REST OF THEM BELONG!

Vet cuts down Illegal Mexican flag flying above U.S. Flag
I don't believe it is illegal to fly the Mexican flag over the American flag. I don't think it is a crime. Such an act goes against every bit of U.S. flag etiquette there is, but I am sure it is not enforceable as a crime. And I am sure every bleeding heart and sympathizer will tell you the same thing, while at the same time calling for charges to be brought against the veteran who actually committed a "real" crime.

Now - with that said - I also happen to be a veteran - a retiree in fact - who has given most of his adult life in service to this country and seeing that video absolutely infuriates me. I did not give over 20 years of my life in service to this nation in order to help keep it a great place to live for people that would disrespect it so.

For all we know, the store owner might simply not have known any better. But that is just another example in a long list of blatant disrespect to this great nation of ours and people are SICK of it. And IT IS a great nation. Anyone who thinks otherwise should take a tour or two over to places like Saudi Arabia or Iraq. Or maybe a trip to the DMZ between North and South Korea.

To me personally, there is nothing more disrespectful than dishonoring the flag of a nation of its own soil. No matter where I was ever stationed overseas, we were trained to honor the flags of our host nations, showing the same absolute respect and dignity towards those flags and those nations as we do the US flag and America.

As service members, we are taught to honor the flag as a living entity. We are taught that the flag is a spiritual symbol of a living nation, of a people united in cause, that cause being freedom and democracy. Hundreds of thousands of service men and women have given their lives in defense of this country.To dishonor the flag is to dishonor this country and every service member who ever served, especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

That vet should not be prosecuted. No veteran should have to defend the honor of his country on his own soil. And to me that is all he was doing. I applaud and salute him. In his shoes, I would not have hesitated to do EXACTLY the same thing.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:12 PM

902 posts, read 718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaba137 View Post
I don't believe it is illegal to fly the Mexican flag over the American flag. I don't think it is a crime.
Well, it is. The facts are that NO flag is to be flown above our country's flag. On top of that, just the fact that the Mexicans would prefer to fly the Mexican flag as opposed to the American flag shows them to be traitors and should all be deported after having any citizenship taken from them.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:15 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Well, it is. The facts are that NO flag is to be flown above our country's flag. On top of that, just the fact that the Mexicans would prefer to fly the Mexican flag as opposed to the American flag shows them to be traitors and should all be deported after having any citizenship taken from them.
So what about a german who was the son of german immigrants and he flew the german flag above the American flag?

Old 01-28-2008, 08:25 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,655 times
where? show us????
just as usual.. down-play this awful insult to Americans.. But you'd have to be one to fully understand I guess..

Old 01-28-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
where? show us????
just as usual.. down-play this awful insult to Americans.. But you'd have to be one to fully understand I guess..
I was using it as a scenario. And I am an American, I was born here buddy.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 7,099 times
giving a better way of life..???? you probably have [mod] personal attack[/mod] and accepted it like you americans are thought, but somewhere else in the world people like you are treated so they can have a normal way of life. this is the country with most mental issuses. because america dosen t care and keeps fidding them all kind of garbage.

all YOU americans, YOU have the rascism in YOUR vains and the hate for the close ones, but all YOU are just some fake identity. YOU pretend YOU some good people and loving and caring and fare, but all this isn t true. YOU just want to make a nice beautiful picture for the other countries in the world to see, but YOU are just as fake as the smiles YOU put on YOUR face every day. i came legal to america for a better life ,what a mistake because YOUR life is very low ranked. YOU don t know what living life really is!!! i am not hispanic, but without them america's economy will go down. without the immigrants america will fall.

Last edited by Synopsis; 01-30-2008 at 05:40 PM..

Old 01-28-2008, 08:46 PM

2 posts, read 7,099 times
and one more think.... about you precious american flag.... i bought an american flag on which you could see more clearly "MADE IN CHINA" than the flag's stars. hypocrisy

Old 01-28-2008, 08:48 PM

58 posts, read 80,873 times
I will never understand why the U.S. army isn't at the border. We are being invaded by Mexicans, Asians, Hindus, terrorists and other third-worlders. They let them walk all over us. It's unnecessary, too, they could easily be kicked out.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioncre View Post
and one more think.... about you precious american flag.... i bought an american flag on which you could see more clearly "MADE IN CHINA" than the flag's stars. hypocrisy
Sadly you got that right.. American flags made in china. What have we come to!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration