Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 06:17 AM

368 posts, read 414,141 times

Advertisements

Just watched this on KTLA this morning. It made me physically sick. Get rid of them all! They can all stay together in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 06:44 AM

63,089 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Good for the little girl and good for the Pope.

Maybe our damn leaders will finally do something about the mess that is our immigration system.

Do I feel sorry for her, yup.

Would I still deport her parents and her back the Mexico? Yup.

Does the Pope have every moral right to advocate for those less fortunate in our society? Yup.
The Pope however doesn't have the right to defend lawbreakers as a man of God. Less fortunate in our society? Is that how illegal aliens are referred to these days? They aren't even a part of our society. They are a part of their own country's society. Sick of these kids being used by the parents to tug at the our heartstrings so that they can remain here.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:16 AM

89,311 posts, read 45,042,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I think it is great the Pope came here and all the Catholics will be thrilled about his visit but before any critic can be given by the Pope on immigration or anything else the issue should be addressed about the little boys who were taken advantage of by the Church!
Not to mention all the wealth The Vatican is hoarding, and how instead, that wealth could be helping millions of poor people, worldwide.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:17 AM

89,311 posts, read 45,042,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Does the Pope have every moral right to advocate for those less fortunate in our society? Yup.
NO! Not while The Vatican continues to hoard wealth.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:07 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,006,019 times
Agents should have followed them home and arrested the family and proceed with deportations

Old 09-24-2015, 10:32 AM

17,403 posts, read 12,007,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
From the article:

Cruz said she is an American citizen, but her parents are both undocumented immigrants from Mexico. The family lives in California, and traveled to Washington DC with members of their church as part of an organized advocacy push for immigration reform.

And this also:

"Pope Francis I want to tell you that my heart is sad. And I would like to ask you to speak with the President and the Congress in legalizing my parents because every day I am scared they will take them away from me," Cruz told CBS News.

---------------------------------
The entire article:

Girl gives letter to pope, fears her parents will be deported

----------------------------------

This so manipulative! This particular quote from the article tells it all:

Asked about immigration, she delivered long, seemingly memorized responses about why her parents and other immigrants deserved to stay in the United States.

------------------------------------

If her parents get deported, no one is forcing them to leave their child behind. In fact, if they are decent parents, they will take her with them
The Pope has no business getting involved in US immigration issues. Period.

That said, that same sentence could be used by children of parents about to be incarcerated for murder, theft, drug sales, etc. Should we just turn a blind eye to criminals because their children beg and plead? Nope. They came here knowing they were breaking the law.

I agree they deserve to stay in the US........AFTER going through the proper channels to apply for citizenship. AFTER being deported and trying to gain access to the US the legal way. AFTER all of the immigrants that have put in their paperwork and paid huge fees have been processed and been granted citizenship. AFTER they have proven that they will not take ONE penny of my tax dollars to support themselves.

No, it's not her fault that her parents chose to live a life that meant they could be tossed out at any time. But the fact remains that they did. Criminal acts should not be rewarded.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
The Pope has no business getting involved in US immigration issues. Period.

That said, that same sentence could be used by children of parents about to be incarcerated for murder, theft, drug sales, etc. Should we just turn a blind eye to criminals because their children beg and plead? Nope. They came here knowing they were breaking the law.

I agree they deserve to stay in the US........AFTER going through the proper channels to apply for citizenship. AFTER being deported and trying to gain access to the US the legal way. AFTER all of the immigrants that have put in their paperwork and paid huge fees have been processed and been granted citizenship. AFTER they have proven that they will not take ONE penny of my tax dollars to support themselves.

No, it's not her fault that her parents chose to live a life that meant they could be tossed out at any time. But the fact remains that they did. Criminal acts should not be rewarded.
I agree with everything you said except for the "deserve" part.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:50 AM

26,033 posts, read 22,230,983 times
Considering the pro-create for cash, maybe the little girl realizes that she means nothing unless a check is attached to her collar. That is the way it appears to me. These people make everyone in their culture look bad when their child is afraid that she will be left behind by her parents.

Per the law, all of them are to be deported. The child can return when she is 21 years old. I would never leave my child anywhere. You realize they produce these little money bundles in hopes that family members can be sponsored once the child becomes an adult.

I wonder if the Pope will offer them asylum at the Vatican?

I guess we, the US taxpayers, aren't going to be supporting the little girl that the parents just have no use for her. Didn't we suspect that of these illegals in the first place. No surprise here.

I won't be losing sleep over it.

I wanted to add that as someone else mentioned, it is unfortunate that children are put in foster care when their parents go to prison. Trying to make a better life for their families? Yes, you can say that about some of the people that go to prison in the US. They were involved in illegal acts when earning money, sometimes fraud or identity thief and very often non-violent crimes. I don't see the flood gates being opened for them.

We have our own poor and more children living in poverty every day.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:15 PM

17,403 posts, read 12,007,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree with everything you said except for the "deserve" part.
I don't think they "deserve" it specifically, but rather all immigrants deserve to come to this country. As long as they play by the rules.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I don't think they "deserve" it specifically, but rather all immigrants deserve to come to this country. As long as they play by the rules.
Sorry, but I thought you meant that these kids brought here illegally by their parents deserve something special because of that. Also, I don't think that those born on our soil from illegal alien parents "deserve" our citizenship either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration