Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 09:14 PM

63,089 posts, read 29,276,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Well shock and aw, but this liberal democrat (think small d) is concerned about immigration in general and illegal immigration is particular but I don't see the issue in black and white terms. This problem didn't arise yesterday but has been decades in the making. In that time period most "illegal" aliens have made good lives for their family and have contributed to this country. They are real people in my mind and not just numbers.

Mass deportation isn't the answer, denying legitimate citizens their rights isn't the answer and on top of that the entire discussion has been cloaked in the worst sort of racism and xenophobia. If there was actually a sane and sober discussion of the issue you might be very well surprised what my final position might be. So until then I'll continue to poke and prod until we can actually have a serious conversation.
No, all they have done is contributed to themselves and take from Americans which isn't rightfully theirs to mention spitting on our immigration laws. Racism and xenophobia? Oh here we go again.

Old 10-18-2015, 09:21 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,832,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, all they have done is contributed to themselves and take from Americans which isn't rightfully theirs to mention spitting on our immigration laws. Racism and xenophobia? Oh here we go again.
American citizen children are being spit on by the State of Texas and you apparently agree.

That is really weird for someone who adopts "oldglory"

You don't really believe it?

Old 10-19-2015, 04:57 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,898,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
why are you in Hialeah? I didn't even go to Hialeah! Do the neighbors know you there?
I commute from a safe zone in Broward.28 miles back and forth every day. I am seeking employment back to Phoenix. Moving to South Florida was a mistake. But I needed the Job title (Operations) to jump to my next position in the valley of the Sun.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:33 AM

35,778 posts, read 21,148,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I commute from a safe zone in Broward.28 miles back and forth every day. I am seeking employment back to Phoenix. Moving to South Florida was a mistake. But I needed the Job title (Operations) to jump to my next position in the valley of the Sun.

I'm sure you are miserable- because Miami is no longer CUBAN - the Nicas -Brazilians -Russians -Dominicans and Colombians etc. rule Broward is not a " safe zone" just quieter in Plantation or Sunrise -but why not really be safe and head NORTH- you will jumping out of the frying pan into he fire ret to AZ

Old 10-19-2015, 06:18 AM

26,033 posts, read 22,225,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
American citizen children are being spit on by the State of Texas and you apparently agree.

That is really weird for someone who adopts "oldglory"

You don't really believe it?
The illegal aliens parents who brought their children into this situation are unable to provide the needed documents to get the birth certificates. You might want to try reading the article. The illegal parents are upset because the little anchors can't feed off the public assistance teat without the birth certificate. They, illegals, feel they should not have to follow the same laws as everyone else in the country, thus there being here in the first place. It is the parents that decided to enter the country without authorization and have children they obviously cannot afford to support. It is always unfortunate for the children when their parents are criminals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
We lived in AZ 6 years. Yes, I can see after researching that area of FL why you might think moving there was a mistake. Hope you get out soon.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:16 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,742,077 times
As the thread continues, remember that disagreeing with a law, or how it is interpreted (and has been for years) does not make the law irrelevant. It would be great if you focused your anger on actual illegal immigrants, not on US citizens. Seriously.
Yac.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:43 AM

I think there has been plenty of anger directed towards illegal aliens in particular. Our anger isn't directed at those they give birth to just that their parents are having them to gain our citizenship for them and all the ensuing benefits that go with it. That's what I perceive from reading the posts anyway. As soon as this issue is addressed and corrected they will no longer have that reason to come here illegally.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I like antagonizing right-wing hysterics.
There is no right wing hysterics. It's about all Americans for the rule of law and there is nothing hysterical about that.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:31 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,465,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
As the thread continues, remember that disagreeing with a law, or how it is interpreted (and has been for years) does not make the law irrelevant. It would be great if you focused your anger on actual illegal immigrants, not on US citizens. Seriously.
Yac.
Well to many they aren't citizens and rightfully so. They are illegal plain and simple.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:06 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,832,471 times
I would think one of the interesting side effects is the Texas law makes it practically impossible for Mexican illegal immigrants to return to Mexico. They cannot get documents for their American children that would let them enter Mexico without a birth certificate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration