Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2009, 05:25 PM

479 posts, read 662,300 times

Advertisements

I just e-mailed my senators and congressman stating my disgust with any such program. Who else will take 5 minutes to send an e-mail?

Old 04-10-2009, 05:30 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,347,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
I just e-mailed my senators and congressman stating my disgust with any such program. Who else will take 5 minutes to send an e-mail?
Good for you I pretty much call, fax or email my reps every day. We need to continually remind these reps that the majority of Americans are against amnesty and want immigration laws enforced and the border secure. They need to be hammered with our disgust before the amnesty bill is even introduced.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:47 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,214,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Reminds me of the old saying that goes something like, "The worse a place's government is, the better its cuisine"

I can't remember the last time I went to a Danish restaurant (nor even if there IS such a thing); but I suppose if I had to undergo open-heart surgery, or do a stretch in prison, Denmark would be preferable to Libya, or Pakistan.

Then again, this is only a 'generality'....
That is plausible: the flip side of law and order indeed tends to be 'boredom'--------which I will definitely take over anarchy.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:48 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,935,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
sarcasm! Argh! Angry! Exclamation marks! Lots of them!!!!
I understand that illegal lovers don't like the truth.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:51 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,291,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I understand that illegal lovers don't like the truth.
You weren't telling the truth, much less making any kind of a point.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:53 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,935,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
You weren't telling the truth, much less making any kind of a point.
Yeah, I was most certainly was telling the truth. What you said about Mac was lies and you are an illegal criminal lover.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:01 PM

147 posts, read 212,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliangty18 View Post
Most of the people here need to do some research, an amnesty doesn't only help the people who came into the U.S.A illegaly... it helps most of the immigrants. Since there are so many immigrants in process of deportation and other imigration process, the people who came into the U.S.A legally have to wait a lot of years to become citizens, right now they are processing aplications passed in the year 2002 so there are millions of legal imigrants left behind. 7 years behind.... also there are A LOT of imigrants who are not above the law and come in legally with a working visa or student visa and they renew it a lot but the process is too long and therefor they cant become recidents and so therfore they can't become citicenz. another thing is, that the people who really are trying to avoid the law will not get the citizenship. like in the last amnesty there will be requirements like you can't have a criminal record and if you avoided taxes they won't give you it or you have to have an extremely good reason of why you didn't and if you aply but you dont pass the requirements you can end up in your home country.. why? because to aprove the process you have to go to your home country where the counsil can deny the process when yo are there. to get the recidence each person have to pay at least 1000 dollras multiply that by the number of immigrants who will aply and youll see how much money the govt. will make out of this, and in this momment it will help a lot the economy, and afterwords this aliens will pay taxes which can benefit everyone. cause as a right now some immigrants who are legal but arent citizens pay taxes and they cant get back the money because they arent citizens so its going to the american race which is unfair... so before you guys say anything do some research and see how this can help kicking bad people out of the country letting good people in and getting money for the economy. and for all of you racists... search how U.S.A depends on immigrants... thats what made the country as big as it is... search how much of the economy depend on little bussines and immigrants locals.. you'll feel stupid afterwords. cause to be honest without this imigrants U.S.A will be nothing.... not even OBAMA would be here.

Certainly you jest...right??

Old 04-10-2009, 08:06 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,584,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrapola1975 View Post
Certainly you jest...right??
It's hopeless. That's the LAST thing I need...a long assignment of extensive reading and research, so that I can feel 'stupid' afterward....GREAT. I guess the American Race is just an unfair bunch, and that's all I need to know.

If I want to feel STUPID, I can do that without all the effort....sorry, juliangty....

Old 04-10-2009, 08:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,066,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I doubt that people will vote against Obama if he manages to push this thing through. I am sure most of his supporters knew about his stance on this issue when they voted for him the first time around. I doubt that those aggresively opposed to this have enough voting power to make Obama a one term president. Hell, even John McCain won a republican primary despite his voting record on this issue.

Btw, as long as the economy is fine by 2012, Obama should win re-election EASILY. I just don't see the republicans coming into power anytime soon.
From the reaction to the last try I don't think so. Co ingress was over whelmed by voters against any amnesty. I am sure now it will be even stronger regardless of who they voted for. Heck;last time even Bush would have signed but it never got that far. my guess is congress will either quash the legislation by not allowing it on the floor or they will vote heavily against it to show the public they are ready to be reelected without this on their backs.The last vote was exactly why suddenly the fence got funding after waiting since the 80's law.Its time for congress to keep the pledge to shutdown illegals after giving the amnesty in the 80's as they promised.Hit employer hard that employ them also.I thnik the anti amnesty will be even stronger in e-mail and callig thsi time around. Obama will not even see teh bill because again it will not pass. Doesn't matter what is promised aftre the 80's bill did the same thing.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:53 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,993,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliangty18 View Post
Most of the people here need to do some research, an amnesty doesn't only help the people who came into the U.S.A illegaly... it helps most of the immigrants. Since there are so many immigrants in process of deportation and other imigration process, the people who came into the U.S.A legally have to wait a lot of years to become citizens, right now they are processing aplications passed in the year 2002 so there are millions of legal imigrants left behind. 7 years behind.... also there are A LOT of imigrants who are not above the law and come in legally with a working visa or student visa and they renew it a lot but the process is too long and therefor they cant become recidents and so therfore they can't become citicenz. another thing is, that the people who really are trying to avoid the law will not get the citizenship. like in the last amnesty there will be requirements like you can't have a criminal record and if you avoided taxes they won't give you it or you have to have an extremely good reason of why you didn't and if you aply but you dont pass the requirements you can end up in your home country.. why? because to aprove the process you have to go to your home country where the counsil can deny the process when yo are there. to get the recidence each person have to pay at least 1000 dollras multiply that by the number of immigrants who will aply and youll see how much money the govt. will make out of this, and in this momment it will help a lot the economy, and afterwords this aliens will pay taxes which can benefit everyone. cause as a right now some immigrants who are legal but arent citizens pay taxes and they cant get back the money because they arent citizens so its going to the american race which is unfair... so before you guys say anything do some research and see how this can help kicking bad people out of the country letting good people in and getting money for the economy. and for all of you racists... search how U.S.A depends on immigrants... thats what made the country as big as it is... search how much of the economy depend on little bussines and immigrants locals.. you'll feel stupid afterwords. cause to be honest without this imigrants U.S.A will be nothing.... not even OBAMA would be here.
Your post hurts my eyes. Could you have used a couple of carriage returns at least?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration