Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

we have no crime here only lots of terrible misunderstandings all done with hawaiian shirts and lots of smiling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 01:11 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
we have no crime here only lots of terrible misunderstandings all done with hawaiian shirts and lots of smiling.
Heh, not me!

Old 02-03-2008, 01:24 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Explain to me why the Movie America to Facism was created, and Wesley Snipes was acquitted. No, I did not learn this at school.
PL, when you present an argument, you should actually present something (as I did in my previous post).

I quoted the Sixteenth Amendment and directed you to the Internal Revenue Code. This was in response to your claim that "there is no written law that says Americans must pay income taxes." The Sixteenth Amendment and the IRC are both written, and they are both law.

If you want to discuss a film and a court case, that's fine. But you'll have to provide me with more than a request to explain things I'm not familiar with.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:31 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
PL, when you present an argument, you should actually present something (as I did in my previous post).

I quoted the Sixteenth Amendment and directed you to the Internal Revenue Code. This was in response to your claim that "there is no written law that says Americans must pay income taxes." The Sixteenth Amendment and the IRC are both written, and they are both law.

If you want to discuss a film and a court case, that's fine. But you'll have to provide me with more than a request to explain things I'm not familiar with.
If the Sixteenth Amendment says that there is a law saying that Americans have to pay income tax than how do people get away with not paying?

Old 02-03-2008, 02:01 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
That's why I plan on moving, most likely to Montana or Wyoming, to get as far away from this crap as possible.
Good choices. I've done quite a bit of research because I feel the need to move too. Before anyone jumps to conclusions, no, I don't live in southern California, I live twenty miles out of one of the entrances to Yosemite in what is still a nice little town. However, it is near Fresno which is close to half a million people, with gang problems to the point that there are rules in schools regarding not being able to wear the color red. Ridiculous but true! Not to mention the fact that there are now signs appearing here in my little town in Spanish as well as English. And before anyone gets snippy, this is a huge tourist area, so why not French, German, and Japanese signs as well? Probably because the tourists are not being catered to whereas some people who will not be mentioned cannot be bothered to learn it or at the very least speak it when in public. Anway, I've decided Montana sounds like it might be a place that won't be invaded for awhile because the welfare benefits are extremely low, there are few jobs compared to most states and the price of renting or owning a home is high due to retirees coming there for some of the same reasons we are discussing. It seems that if the climate is challenging, and there is little to be gained in social services, free loaders of ALL ethnic backgrounds don't tend to stay. Sorry if this comes across as nasty or elitist but there are alot of people out here thinking the very same thing!

Old 02-03-2008, 02:07 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70 View Post
I saw this and I saw his sources....the second one, enough said. I have always relied on the US dept of justice...

Just because you don't want to believe it, doesn't mean it isn't true.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:08 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Good choices. I've done quite a bit of research because I feel the need to move too. Before anyone jumps to conclusions, no, I don't live in southern California, I live twenty miles out of one of the entrances to Yosemite in what is still a nice little town. However, it is near Fresno which is close to half a million people, with gang problems to the point that there are rules in schools regarding not being able to wear the color red. Ridiculous but true! Not to mention the fact that there are now signs appearing here in my little town in Spanish as well as English. And before anyone gets snippy, this is a huge tourist area, so why not French, German, and Japanese signs as well? Probably because the tourists are not being catered to whereas some people who will not be mentioned cannot be bothered to learn it or at the very least speak it when in public. Anway, I've decided Montana sounds like it might be a place that won't be invaded for awhile because the welfare benefits are extremely low, there are few jobs compared to most states and the price of renting or owning a home is high due to retirees coming there for some of the same reasons we are discussing. It seems that if the climate is challenging, and there is little to be gained in social services, free loaders of ALL ethnic backgrounds don't tend to stay. Sorry if this comes across as nasty or elitist but there are alot of people out here thinking the very same thing!
All you have to do is go from 20 miles outside Yosemite to 20 miles outside of yellowstone and you'll be set!

Old 02-03-2008, 02:12 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
All you have to do is go from 20 miles outside Yosemite to 20 miles outside of yellowstone and you'll be set!
Yep. Hope you get to make that move as well!

Old 02-03-2008, 02:29 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,771,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Did I say I wasn't going to pay? Exactly. But Wesley Snipes got away with it
I don't know his case and maybe he and the IRS just didn't agree on some of his deductions, happens all of the time, sometimes the taxpayer wins sometimes the IRS wins....
And you made a comment about no laws saying we have to pay taxes, I repiled to your comment...and you come back with " I didn't say that" You try to turn the tables alot here..... I may be old but I'm not stupid to what you try to do here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:29 PM

49 posts, read 118,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Could you imagine the uproar from American citizens if this were to happen? (A door to door roundup of illegal aliens.) People would be SCREAMING if the police were going door to door and taking away everyone who couldn't PROVE, without a doubt, that they were legally here!

Good grief! People think it's an invasion of privacy now when they get ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt!

And we'd need places to hold the people that are illegal until we sent them back, and don't forget: Only 1/2 of the illegals are from Mexico. We'd have to fly the other half back to whatever countries they came from. This would cost billions, if not trillions, of dollars!!

Hillary is right. This is an idea that WILL NOT WORK!!
What would work, is to send them back when they are arrested for crimes and caught doing illegal things. Instead of letting them back out, or even keeping them here, tag them and send em back to the borders. You don't have to go door to door. Also, if we were to stop paying all their health care bills and giving them food stamps they may not want to keep coming like they are. We need to start taking care of this country and it's own for once. I hate to think what it is going to be like in 5-10 years.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration