Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 01:35 AM

3,206 posts, read 2,500,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
All the more reason you should support immigrants being granted citizenship much easier. This guy would not be using your SSN if he had his own...
And, taking your job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 02:05 AM

22,521 posts, read 12,075,102 times
Quote:
All the more reason you should support immigrants being granted citizenship much easier. This guy would not be using your SSN if he had his own...
Why should we make it easy for illegals, Joules? They have no business being here, let alone working and using a SSN that's not theirs.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:32 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,453,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No sorry, you don't get to blame Obama for this. He's trying to do something for a problem that he didn't create and no other president would take up. At least he is trying to do something. Sorry you don't like what he's doing but maybe previous presidents should have stepped up to do something.
What's he trying to do, besides make the problem worse?

Old 11-30-2015, 06:24 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,939,159 times
Quote:
Uh; how about arresting ANY illegal alien if there's probable cause and while we're at it, arrest anybody who knowingly hires their kind? I like that idea.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:35 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,969,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No sorry, you don't get to blame Obama for this. He's trying to do something for a problem that he didn't create and no other president would take up. At least he is trying to do something. Sorry you don't like what he's doing but maybe previous presidents should have stepped up to do something.
Put the blame were it belongs...........
Ed Meese Says Reagan Regretted 1986 Amnesty | VDARE - premier news outlet for patriotic immigration reform
Recently the liberal media has been pushing its pro-amnesty agenda by painting a false picture of Reagan on immigration and amnesty. Reagan saw that illegal immigration was becoming a big problem and wanted to stop it. He was persuaded to allow a relatively small amnesty as a bargaining chip to strengthen border security, and more importantly, workplace enforcement. Reagan wanted to fine employers $3,000 to $10,000 for each illegal immigrant deliberately hired. Congress betrayed him on the enforcement measures and probably the extent and eventual costs of the amnesty. Blindness to likely consequences and costs of social legislation seems to be an inherent characteristic of liberal politicians of both major parties. One of the great shortcomings of progressives is their inability to progress to step 2 or 3 in thinking through the logical consequences of legislation. They have an unshakeable faith in the wisdom of the latest poll of uninformed voters. Reagan should have known better than to trust the happy-clappy liberals and servants of the big dollar lobbyists. He made a big mistake, but he admitted it.

As for the OP I would contact Department of Labor in your state and then a lawyer. ntwrkguy, gave you good advice.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:51 AM

63,117 posts, read 29,298,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Why should we make it easy for illegals, Joules? They have no business being here, let alone working and using a SSN that's not theirs.

Exactly! We have quotas for legal immigration and for good reasons. Giving illegal aliens amnesty and citizenship only negates those sane quotas and is a slap in the face to those who have immigrated legally. Should we reward those who don't wait their turn to get into a movie theatre for example by allowing them to jump ahead of others who waited their turn and therefore they won't be able to get into the theatre because all the seats are taken by the line jumpers? I can't even fathom anyone saying it's ok to steal someone elses SS number for their own selfish gain and cause irreparable harm to the rightful owner of it. It's mind boggling that they don't care about criminal activity and that is exactly what it is.

Also, we need the jobs that these illegals have taken. Many of those jobs used to pay a liveable wage for an American.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:00 AM

1,941 posts, read 1,034,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
I am not sure if he using my name or just my number, the owner hasn't been very responsive. He said personnel records were confidential and assured me that he would look into it before hanging up on me. Will go the certified letter route. I just want this individual to stop using my number. The Feds say it is no big deal, but then I wouldn't be surprised if they turn around and demand extra taxes from me at tax time. This is all such a joke. You don't need a wall. If the Feds just went after people who were using bogus numbers and documents, this problem would stop.
I agree, send certified letters to the deli owner and to the FBi, Homeland security, CIA and any other government division that has jurisdiction telling them of the deli and its employee. So if this does come back on you at tax time or some other time you have documentation that you reported it.

Get a credit report from all three bureaus and make them aware of it and they might be able to at least inform you of any activity out of the norm. A friend of mine had his card frozen because of a purchase of electronics in Yemen. They knew it wasn't him because he bought groceries 30 min. prior and was getting gas 6 min. prior in his home town.

Making a phone call isnt enough and there isn't any real proof that you did. Make a letter short and straight to the point. anything thing too long and filled with emotion will just get round filed.

Good luck, you are not alone.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:07 AM

27,720 posts, read 16,223,264 times
call ice.. good luck. happened to a friend of mine too.. 5 jobs in 3 states at the same time. fed gov should be sued out of business.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:20 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,969,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
call ice.. good luck. happened to a friend of mine too.. 5 jobs in 3 states at the same time. fed gov should be sued out of business.
The President has asked ICE to look the other way. I have noticed people & companies ask for SS# all the time now, there was a time we never gave this out. It's for security purpose they tell us.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:39 AM

1,941 posts, read 1,034,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
I am not sure if he using my name or just my number, the owner hasn't been very responsive. He said personnel records were confidential and assured me that he would look into it before hanging up on me. Will go the certified letter route. I just want this individual to stop using my number. The Feds say it is no big deal, but then I wouldn't be surprised if they turn around and demand extra taxes from me at tax time. This is all such a joke. You don't need a wall. If the Feds just went after people who were using bogus numbers and documents, this problem would stop.
I agree, send certified letters to the deli owner and to the FBi, Homeland security, CIA and any other government division that has jurisdiction telling them of the deli and its employee. So if this does come back on you at tax time or some other time you have documentation that you reported it.

Get a credit report from all three bureaus and make them aware of it and they might be able to at least inform you of any activity out of the norm. A friend of mine had his card frozen because of a purchase of electronics in Yemen. They knew it wasn't him because he bought groceries 30 min. prior and was getting gas 6 min. prior in his home town.

Making a phone call isnt enough and there isn't any real proof that you did. Make a letter short and straight to the point. anything thing too long and filled with emotion will just get round filed.

Good luck, you are not alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration