Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 08:52 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,306,004 times

Advertisements

I would go the identity theft route with credit companies..Experian, Transunion...there is a third..but the name escapes me..Go get a credit report done at a bankruptcy attorney's office..start there..and do what the other poster suggested...set up that program that u turn on with creditors...a 3 day delay anytime someone applies for credit...also a credit reporting watchdog company.
there were reports of gov't employees info being breached recently..if u work in any fed or gov job...check on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 08:53 AM

1,941 posts, read 1,036,935 times
Everyone unknowingly or deliberately hires a company that uses illegal immigrants. It is that rampant of a problem. It screws up or system in so many ways when you talk about Millions of people being involved across the country rather than a few thousand in one region.

How do you think prices for products and services are so cheap? When you hire employees under the table on a vast scale it helps your pocket for the short term but its the making of a bigger problem in the future.

I am not opposed to immigration, just rewarding them for doing it illegally.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:28 PM

63,293 posts, read 29,378,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Everyone unknowingly or deliberately hires a company that uses illegal immigrants. It is that rampant of a problem. It screws up or system in so many ways when you talk about Millions of people being involved across the country rather than a few thousand in one region.

How do you think prices for products and services are so cheap? When you hire employees under the table on a vast scale it helps your pocket for the short term but its the making of a bigger problem in the future.

I am not opposed to immigration, just rewarding them for doing it illegally.

Prices are not cheaper for the consumer when illegal alien labor is involved. Those who hire them just reap the profits for themselves while they pass on their illegal workforce's enormous social costs to the taxpayer. No, not everyone hires illegal aliens either.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:39 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,820,821 times
Thank you for the advice. I placed a fraud alert with the three credit bureau reports. It lasts for an initial 90 days, which I then have the option to renew at a later time.

I called the IRS fraud line. It was a very frustrating experience. I had to wait on hold for over 60 minutes. The line disconnected and then I had to wait on hold for another 60 minutes. The woman who answered the phone was very nasty. She was also very difficult to understand. All I got out of her is that she wanted me to fill out a form and wait 180 days. I told her I didn't have 180 days. She snapped back at me and asked me what I wanted her to do. I said I wanted someone, preferably immigration, to go to this address and check for illegals and ask who ever is using my number to stop doing so. She snapped back at me, and instead of arguing with a brick wall, I hung up on her. How much do you want to bet that I now have a black mark next to my name and I can now look forward to a long future of harassment and audits. Better just to keep your mouth shut.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:40 AM

1,941 posts, read 1,036,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
Thank you for the advice. I placed a fraud alert with the three credit bureau reports. It lasts for an initial 90 days, which I then have the option to renew at a later time.

I called the IRS fraud line. It was a very frustrating experience. I had to wait on hold for over 60 minutes. The line disconnected and then I had to wait on hold for another 60 minutes. The woman who answered the phone was very nasty. She was also very difficult to understand. All I got out of her is that she wanted me to fill out a form and wait 180 days. I told her I didn't have 180 days. She snapped back at me and asked me what I wanted her to do. I said I wanted someone, preferably immigration, to go to this address and check for illegals and ask who ever is using my number to stop doing so. She snapped back at me, and instead of arguing with a brick wall, I hung up on her. How much do you want to bet that I now have a black mark next to my name and I can now look forward to a long future of harassment and audits. Better just to keep your mouth shut.
That is why companies can get away with it. They make the reporting process a full time job and you have to deal with an employee that doesn't speak english. That just drags our system down.

Depending on where you live, depends on the size or type of immigration problem. Our government does not govern like they did when our ancestors came here. We need to strictly enforce the laws that are in place and streamline the process when you find a criminal.

Illegal immigration is an infestation that will spread across the country.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:56 AM

63,293 posts, read 29,378,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
That is why companies can get away with it. They make the reporting process a full time job and you have to deal with an employee that doesn't speak english. That just drags our system down.

Depending on where you live, depends on the size or type of immigration problem. Our government does not govern like they did when our ancestors came here. We need to strictly enforce the laws that are in place and streamline the process when you find a criminal.

Illegal immigration is an infestation that will spread across the country.

Unfortunately, it already has.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:42 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,301,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Reagan was wrong to grant amnesty but the fact remains that it is Obama today that is granting stays of deportation to millions of illegals along with work permits and promising them the big amnesty eventually. This has encouraged many more to come here.
Both parties agree. The less white America is the better.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:07 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,306,004 times
Quote:

OP you have tried calling the immigration office for the location where this person using you s.s. # resides...or even going to your local office...what a nightmare.
Regarding your irs experience...go to irs online site..on top left they list menu look for "advocates" I can personally recommend..extremely helpful...tell them your situation...I think you will get the help...also tell them how that lady treated you from that other dept..
ETA; they have changed their page..I had to do a search of the IRS page to find advocates..here is the link...please update after.

Taxpayer Advocate Service https://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Taxpaye...cate-Service-6

Old 12-12-2015, 08:26 PM

10,041 posts, read 9,549,899 times
Quote:
Recently found out that an illegal was using my social security to work in a deli in another state. I thought that when I called this in that the government would be all over it. Social Security and the IRS were apathetic. Said they would "investigate" it and suggested that I call Experian. Homeland Security and the FBI never responded to my tip. Called the deli, and the owner laughed at me and said it must be some kind of mistake. Short of purchasing an airline ticket and confronting the illegal to kindly not use my Social anymore, I am at a loss of what to do.
Well you know the squeaky wheel..... Weekly phone calls to the regional supervisor of the SS admin demanding an update on your case. A call to INS, IRS with the same request. Keep hammering them with calls.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:09 AM

806 posts, read 1,088,549 times
Maybe you could go to the media. If it were me, I'd contact a major news network. They're just itching for a story like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration