Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 07:47 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,818,329 times

Advertisements

Recently found out that an illegal was using my social security to work in a deli in another state. I thought that when I called this in that the government would be all over it. Social Security and the IRS were apathetic. Said they would "investigate" it and suggested that I call Experian. Homeland Security and the FBI never responded to my tip. Called the deli, and the owner laughed at me and said it must be some kind of mistake. Short of purchasing an airline ticket and confronting the illegal to kindly not use my Social anymore, I am at a loss of what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 08:16 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,935,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
Recently found out that an illegal was using my social security to work in a deli in another state. I thought that when I called this in that the government would be all over it. Social Security and the IRS were apathetic. Said they would "investigate" it and suggested that I call Experian. Homeland Security and the FBI never responded to my tip. Called the deli, and the owner laughed at me and said it must be some kind of mistake. Short of purchasing an airline ticket and confronting the illegal to kindly not use my Social anymore, I am at a loss of what to do.
I'm at a loss for words here about how you've been fleeced.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:30 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,527,536 times
obambo's America. Get used to it.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:57 PM

22,515 posts, read 12,065,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
I'm sorry to hear this^

A question for you --- Was the illegal using your name, also? Or was he using your number but not your name with it?

If it is the former (using both your name and number) it is ID theft and I would inform the local police department (local meaning where the illegal is working).

If it is the latter (using just your number but not your name with it), despicably, there is a loophole in the law that says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it. When that happens, the SSA won't tell you. Instead, you find out when the IRS comes after you for not filing a tax return for a job you never worked. Disgracefully enough, in this situation, no law enforcement agency will want to investigate this unless you really assert yourself and demand it.

I would try this (no guarantees it will work) get in touch with your congressional representative. If s/he is tough on illegals, they may be able to do something. However, if s/he is an illegal alien sympathizer, it will be ignored.

In the meantime, sign up for a credit monitoring service. I wouldn't put it past this miserable illegal to get bold and try to buy a car or a house using your SSN---even get a credit card. If you are in a state that allows you to freeze your credit report, do so immediately.

I wish you the best of luck.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:15 PM

32,149 posts, read 15,140,066 times
Now it's Obama's fault for identify theft

Old 11-25-2015, 09:28 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,077,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Now it's Obama's fault for identify theft
Well yes, your President welcomes his new democratic voting illegals in and they don't behave themselves. I guess OPhones, EBT cards and other free stuff isn't enuff so they steal from real American citizens.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:45 PM

32,149 posts, read 15,140,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Well yes, your President welcomes his new democratic voting illegals in and they don't behave themselves. I guess OPhones, EBT cards and other free stuff isn't enuff so they steal from real American citizens.
My president? Do you have a different one. What is ophones. He wasn't the president that started it. You know that right. And maybe you should blame your beloved Reagan for the amnesty

Old 11-25-2015, 10:08 PM

22,515 posts, read 12,065,199 times
Quote:
My president? Do you have a different one. What is ophones. He wasn't the president that started it. You know that right. And maybe you should blame your beloved Reagan for the amnesty
Ummm...Obama phones.

No, he didn't start it but he blatantly encourages it to continue unabated.

Neither he nor his predecessors got after congress to close the loophole that allows someone to use your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it. If you don't think it's a big deal if someone is using your SSN, then I suggest you google this issue and read about all the people who were put in a world of hurt when it happened to them.

BTW, I never liked Reagan but I will say this --- when he pushed for and (sadly) got amnesty for illegals, he was promised by the dems that it would be the one and only amnesty to ever happen (we have since had several stealth amnesties), no illegal would be able to get a job (we currently have 8 million no-match SSNs in the work force) and the border would be secured (it is, for the most part, wide open). The dems, as I pointed out, have reneged on each and every promise.

Old 11-26-2015, 04:59 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,818,329 times
I am not sure if he using my name or just my number, the owner hasn't been very responsive. He said personnel records were confidential and assured me that he would look into it before hanging up on me. Will go the certified letter route. I just want this individual to stop using my number. The Feds say it is no big deal, but then I wouldn't be surprised if they turn around and demand extra taxes from me at tax time. This is all such a joke. You don't need a wall. If the Feds just went after people who were using bogus numbers and documents, this problem would stop.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:12 AM

63,089 posts, read 29,276,624 times
Quote:

Reagan was wrong to grant amnesty but the fact remains that it is Obama today that is granting stays of deportation to millions of illegals along with work permits and promising them the big amnesty eventually. This has encouraged many more to come here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration