Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 09:03 AM

9,962 posts, read 18,551,635 times

Advertisements

lol all of These things would take 20 years to lobby, pass, and adopt. Another 5-10 to execute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
But..but....who would do all those jobs Americans won't do???
The same Latin Americans, but on visas that's how it was done in 60/70s.

Americans will not pick lettuce.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:26 AM

63,419 posts, read 29,448,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

Not true. Just the majority won't because it's not a career job and many Americans don't live in rural areas. We already have unlimited visas for legal, foreign crop pickers. Now tell us how Americans won't do construction, landscaping, restaurant work and many other blue-collared jobs that illegals have taken. I'll wait.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not true. Just the majority won't because it's not a career job and many Americans don't live in rural areas. We already have unlimited visas for legal, foreign crop pickers. Now tell us how Americans won't do construction, landscaping, restaurant work and many other blue-collared jobs that illegals have taken. I'll wait.
Americans will do those jobs, just not many when they can stay at home living off momma and go to college.

See the difference is you think illegals pushed Americans out of those jobs, whereas I think Americans (especially millennials) chose to stay away leaving the void for illegals.

Old 12-05-2015, 10:54 AM

22,572 posts, read 12,141,572 times
Quote:
Americans will do those jobs, just not many when they can stay at home living off momma and go to college.

See the difference is you think illegals pushed Americans out of those jobs, whereas I think Americans (especially millennials) chose to stay away leaving the void for illegals.
Travel deep into the Heartland to areas that haven't become infested with illegals and you will see Americans doing those jobs.

Once illegals come on the scene, sleazy employers soon discover that illegals are a source of cheap and exploitable labor. When that happens, honest employers who pay their workers a decent salary soon discover that they start losing work because the sleazy employers undercut them. Many Americans have lost their livelihoods in the construction and landscaping businesses.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:37 AM

26,174 posts, read 22,356,222 times
Quote:
lol all of These things would take 20 years to lobby, pass, and adopt. Another 5-10 to execute.
No. We start enforcing the law on illegal immigration. Go back to workplace raids and enforce E-verify for ALL jobs. Both immigration law and E-verify are already in place so it is a matter of enforcement. There are already questions about anchor babies and the intent of the 14th Amendment. We go back to asking for birth certificates for children entering schools, I had to have one as did my children. When there is a traffic stop and the person here is not here legally, we "collect" them at that time. We already have databases filled with illegals that live in Section 8 housing, those that have gotten driver's licenses, etc. When people know that their reports of illegals will be acted on, they'll be turning them in. People turn in people that break the law.

E-verify: Reducing Illegal Immigration Through Employment Verification,Enforcement, and Protection

It is the "dream" it would take that long but not the reality.

Quote:

Phony Farm Labor Shortage: We Need to Talk About It Low-paid illegal work force has little impact on prices | The Seattle Times The Myth of Illegal Immigration and Food Prices | San Diego Reader https://www.numbersusa.org/pages/jobs-americans-wont-do Are There Really Jobs Americans Won

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Travel deep into the Heartland to areas that haven't become infested with illegals and you will see Americans doing those jobs.

Once illegals come on the scene, sleazy employers soon discover that illegals are a source of cheap and exploitable labor. When that happens, honest employers who pay their workers a decent salary soon discover that they start losing work because the sleazy employers undercut them. Many Americans have lost their livelihoods in the construction and landscaping businesses.
Well, don't come to Kansas. They have been replacing citizen workers for some time now. Not in agricultural work but in the landscaping, manufacturing, construction, etc.

You can go to the E-verify site and see which employers use the E-verify system and I am betting that like with me, you can just about guess without looking. One place that operates manufacturing and an outlet store that I was going to was on the list of not e-verifying so I stopped shopping there. We have several that don't e-verify. Tyson does now but they got busted a few times before they learned their lesson.

We still have families do the farm work here but more and more are disappearing because of the corporate farms that do use the illegals and undercut prices. BUT, with people becoming more health conscious, it is bringing down prices for local produce, dairy and meats so by selling locally, they appear to be doing very well. We survived before the illegals and we'll survive and surpass with them gone.

Old 12-05-2015, 12:48 PM

I think most of you have no idea the political landscape it would take to make your motions happen.

not even Lord Trump can make this all happen

Last edited by Mach50; 12-05-2015 at 01:02 PM..

Old 12-05-2015, 02:02 PM

6,245 posts, read 3,642,201 times
Quote:

Yes they will. They've been doing it all along. See my thread "All you anwricans are fired" with a link to Buzzfeed News's expose. It even mentions corn de-tasseling, which was always done by American high schhol students. Cindy Crawford did it as a teenager in the eighties. Americans just won't put up with labor law violations like illegals will.

Old 12-05-2015, 02:32 PM

63,419 posts, read 29,448,736 times
Quote:

Utter nonsense. Many Americans were replaced on their jobs by illegal aliens. It has nothing to do with the lazy who would never work in the first place. Nothing justifies these greedy employers hiring illegal aliens anyway. It's against the law! Are legal immigrants also too lazy to take those jobs? Please........... You know damned well that the only reason that they hire illegal aliens is to increase their profits and you're ok with that?

Old 12-05-2015, 09:58 PM

13 posts, read 16,612 times
Quote:

Idiocy!!! Parts that have not been invaded yet still have Americans working all of those jobs and it is so refreshing to see when you've lived in an overrun area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration