Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 02:59 AM

22 posts, read 66,542 times

Advertisements

I sure as hell have no loyalty to the U.S., not anymore. They cater to the Mexicans and foreigners, yet expect me to support this country? Hell no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 03:02 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,212,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I think that the "younger generation", those maybe after the baby boomers, don't understand loyalty to their own country, since they seem to think that globalism is GOOD for We the People of America.

They didn't hear their parents talk about fighting in WWII, and what sacrifices we made to rid the world of dictators who would have taken over the world, and we'd all be speaking German and saying "Heil, Hitler, May He Rest in Peace".

I think this has something to do with how they feel about globalism, and that one shouldn't think of one's own country first. But, we older folks disagree.

Really, is that so?! Who's out there in the killing fields today in Iraq and across the world? Who might that be?

Old 02-10-2008, 04:31 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,091,387 times
Quote:
I think that the "younger generation", those maybe after the baby boomers, don't understand loyalty to their own country, since they seem to think that globalism is GOOD for We the People of America.

They didn't hear their parents talk about fighting in WWII, and what sacrifices we made to rid the world of dictators who would have taken over the world, and we'd all be speaking German and saying "Heil, Hitler, May He Rest in Peace".

I think this has something to do with how they feel about globalism, and that one shouldn't think of one's own country first. But, we older folks disagree.
They don't know what is really going on, but when they are desperate and affected as in our border states, they will finally understand.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:05 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,722,083 times
Quote:

I'm 37. I believe in complete isolationism. Other countries really don't have anything we absolutely need...that we can't produce HERE.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:02 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,658,056 times
I have also thought that as well. Sign of the times. Roll up the borders, sit tight and point the weapons in the right direction. Doesn't mean we can't get busy here on the inside taking care of our own. And throwing out the trash....

Old 02-12-2008, 07:31 AM

440 posts, read 330,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I have also thought that as well. Sign of the times. Roll up the borders, sit tight and point the weapons in the right direction. Doesn't mean we can't get busy here on the inside taking care of our own. And throwing out the trash....
Agreed. A day late and a dollar short, in their own warped way on a local and federal level, the traitors in government are starting to realize that leaving the border wide open isn't such a bright idea. Unfortunately, it doesn't have anything to do with the rising death toll of Americans at the hands of illegal aliens from Mexico and S. America. It's the fact that the printing presses can't print enough dollars to keep up with the recession and the financial burden of those they claimed were "doing the jobs Americans won't do".

Old 02-12-2008, 08:20 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,212,164 times
Quote:

No, they don't have any "loyalty", they're just stuck footing the bill for everyone else, like social security, which they most likely will never see. And if they do, they'll be 80 years old before they can collect on it. Oh, they're also the ones going out to fight in wars, so ultimately they're paying the highest price, that of their own life. It's so sad that each generation thinks that they're the best there is, yet if this generation is so bad, then the previous generations should look to themselves as the reason as they are the ones that raised this current "bad and ungrateful" generation.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:46 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,722,083 times
How much of our country is still ours? How much HASN'T been bought by other countries, or foreigners?

Old 02-13-2008, 10:48 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,313,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
How much of our country is still ours?
A vast majority

Old 02-13-2008, 11:10 AM

132 posts, read 244,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I'm 37. I believe in complete isolationism. Other countries really don't have anything we absolutely need...that we can't produce HERE.
As a non-Yank, I'd like to see THAT !
Close downthe 800-1000 military bases you have around the globe.
(Anybody who has THAT many enemies or potential enemies probably should be asking itself "Why?").
Withdraw the hundreds of thousands of troops which could be demobbed and doing something productive at home.
Bring your entire navy home - stop intimidating the world.
Disband the vast CIA octopus and all its "dirty tricks" operations.
STOP meddling in the internal affairs of sovereign nations.
STOP funding regimes like Israel - in breach of more UN resolutions than any nation on the planet.

Try GENUINE level-playing-field Free Trade by ceasing to subsidize your farmers and all the other economic nasties you engage in.

THEN see how well your materialistic consumer-crazy society sshapes up with only the petroleum you can produce at home, no more of all those luxury goodies from China, Japan or wherever.

This should be FUN to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration