Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 06:05 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
Immigration needs to stop until American cities and states get their budgets, employment, education, and healthcare system together. Why do we need to let everybody in when our country is not in great shape?

Would you invite people, who are not in any sort of danger, to live in your home that you cannot take care of them financially? You don't do it for the homeless, so what makes a foreigner different?
Newsflash - those countries like Mexico or any other country don't do this for us. This does not make the USA better than them or show that we care more. That's just BS.

I heard Obama is allowing rounded up illegal immigrants near our borders stay at nearby US military bases like some kind of orphanage. Who is paying for that? You think our American public schools could use that money, maybe for security, books, course materials, etc?
What about our own people? The message I get is if you're LGBT, an illegal immigrant, been slighted by law enforcement, Obama's administration will offer you numerous priveleges over American born whites, blacks, asians, latinos and anybody else here. Our own people of all ethnicities are essentially being discriminated against.
Agreed and HOW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 06:43 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and HOW!
Source?

DHS may have interned illegals at a military base but I dont think we grabbed Mexicans from Mexico and bedded them down at Ft. Hood.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:53 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,528,276 times
Quote:
The exchange between two federal immigration agents and an undocumented mother quickly gets ugly. As a grainy, dizzying minute-long video shows, two pairs of hands reach into the front side of a car where a seated female driver pushes against one uniformed federal immigration agent. In the next scene, the woman’s hands are held down against the window as she’s dragged out of her car. The last scene shows her held to the ground, handcuffed by two officials.

What It Looks Like When Immigration Agents Arrest An Undocumented Mom In Front Of Her Kids | ThinkProgress

What's the big deal here? That woman should've known her luck was gonna run out, that despicable "you owe me" loser.
Good.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:02 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Source?

DHS may have interned illegals at a military base but I dont think we grabbed Mexicans from Mexico and bedded them down at Ft. Hood.
You need to ask frankrj, not me.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:25 AM

2,281 posts, read 1,581,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Source?

Googled it after hearing it on the radio. illegal immigrants housed at military bases. Six military bases to house illegal immigrants - Washington Times
So-called claims were made by enlisted army and marines that their base is housing illegals in the base barracks. Som they're already there vs. what's in the newspapers.
I am ex-military and find it horrible considering they are not running from imminent death. And the fact that I can't just get amenesty to stay in any country I desire to live in and have them house me and pay for me. Disclosure: I am not republican and certainly not a democrat noawdays.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:51 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
The exchange between two federal immigration agents and an undocumented mother quickly gets ugly. As a grainy, dizzying minute-long video shows, two pairs of hands reach into the front side of a car where a seated female driver pushes against one uniformed federal immigration agent. In the next scene, the woman’s hands are held down against the window as she’s dragged out of her car. The last scene shows her held to the ground, handcuffed by two officials.

What It Looks Like When Immigration Agents Arrest An Undocumented Mom In Front Of Her Kids | ThinkProgress

What's the big deal here? That woman should've known her luck was gonna run out, that despicable "you owe me" loser.

undocumented huh? Lets call it like it is..."ILLEGALS"!

Old 02-19-2016, 07:32 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
I couldn't get the video to load, but I get the picture.

This is another attempt by illegal aliens to garner support via horseball tears after using children. Hillary did the same thing at her town hall appearance the other night.

Look, the children are the innocents in the crosshairs thanks to their parents. You don't start building a life in another country by breaking the law and calling yourself an immigrant. You will be caught, and you can take your kids with you when you return to your own country.

That's how it works.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:29 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I couldn't get the video to load, but I get the picture.

This is another attempt by illegal aliens to garner support via horseball tears after using children. Hillary did the same thing at her town hall appearance the other night.

Look, the children are the innocents in the crosshairs thanks to their parents. You don't start building a life in another country by breaking the law and calling yourself an immigrant. You will be caught, and you can take your kids with you when you return to your own country.

That's how it works.
That's how it should work anyway. I would also support steep fines and penalties for VISA overstays.
Fines
Forfeiture of assets ( To help offset court costs)
Banned from future re-entry

Old 02-19-2016, 12:30 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.
Lol, so true.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:26 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Anyone read or see on the news about those Cubans who were stranded in Central America while attempting the land route into the USA for asylum and now the USA is helping come in to our country. I do not understand why we do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration