Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 07:04 AM

63,005 posts, read 29,194,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I hate the term "Dreamers"! It's like they can dream and we cannot - we are paying the bills and corporate American is doing everything in their power to cut us out of the equation. They do not want to pay us, they do not want to give us benefits, they will never again give us job security and they want us to feel sorry for our replacements!

Their so-called dream is our nightmare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 08:49 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
Default No Ground to Stand!

Quote:
I hate the term "Dreamers"! It's like they can dream and we cannot - we are paying the bills and corporate American is doing everything in their power to cut us out of the equation. They do not want to pay us, they do not want to give us benefits, they will never again give us job security and they want us to feel sorry for our replacements!
Its Illegal and when one does not follow the protocol of the US, this is what one receives. US should not reward those who break law knowingly.

Corporate America is required to follow Strict HR Policies or get fined or worst get arrested.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:25 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,560,147 times
I really HATE the word dreamer in this context.

They are illegal immigrants.

They chose to ignore the law and are reaping benefits that others who have played by the rules are not yet receiving.

It disgusts me whenever I see that term used.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:53 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,167,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Its Illegal and when one does not follow the protocol of the US, this is what one receives. US should not reward those who break law knowingly.

Corporate America is required to follow Strict HR Policies or get fined or worst get arrested.
And this is what happens when corporate America follows strict HR policies: Iridium blames temp agency for illegal workers; employee disagrees - News - poconorecord.com - Stroudsburg, PA! Of course the company was only duped by the temp agencies into hiring the illegals! Our county assisted the company with $9 million in aid to create 'local' jobs and they ran after the shady temp agency for cheap labor.

By the way; this happened about 17 miles from my house and thousands of miles from the homes of the illegal immigrants - it can happen anyplace! To the best of my knowledge nobody in Iridium was ever fined or sentenced to jail because of their 'problem'. I don't even think they caught up with the temp agency or, if they did, it was not a big news maker. It would not even surprise me if the illegal workers were never deported.

You do realize how corporate America is using more and more temporary workers; I wonder why?

Old 06-30-2016, 01:10 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,995,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
I really HATE the word dreamer in this context.

They are illegal immigrants.

They chose to ignore the law and are reaping benefits that others who have played by the rules are not yet receiving.

It disgusts me whenever I see that term used.
Dreamer=Criminal

A person that does not respect another country's laws, should not be allowed to immigrate here at all. Even After they get deported. I Was just in Mexico and the server told me he was deported from US 3 times and was drunk fighting people at some mall. He said he was going to come back again because he never goes to Jail.

Theres a dreamer!

Old 06-30-2016, 04:19 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,327,657 times
Quote:
This whole H1-B Visa thing is a huge scandal, and ought to come to a screeching halt. Hard working Americans forced to train their replacements in order to receive their severance.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:18 PM

42,860 posts, read 26,322,713 times
About half of the country's 1.1 million hired farm hands are estimated to be undocumented...,An enforcement-only approach to immigration would further shrink the supply of farm hands, thereby driving up labor costs. The study finds that farmers would have to raise wages to $26.57 per hour from an average today of $10.80 to replace undocumented workers.
Higher wages sound great, assuming enough Americans would pick berries and tomatoes. But they haven't in the past. More likely is that many of these jobs would vanish as farmers grew less here, moved more production overseas, or shifted to crops that can be harvested with machines.

Using 2012 data from the Pew Research Center and workforce data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, they found that, across different industries, about 6.8 million workers without documentation were employed. Overall, removing all undocumented immigrants would cause private sector output to decline by between $381.5 billion and $623.2 billion. This translates to a 2.9 percent to 4.7 percent reduction in total annual output from the private sector."

Sometimes you gotta be careful about what you wish for

Old 07-01-2016, 06:11 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,242,245 times
Kick. Them. All. Out.

Old 07-01-2016, 07:13 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
Exclamation Deport Now!

Quote:
And this is what happens when corporate America follows strict HR policies: Iridium blames temp agency for illegal workers; employee disagrees - News - poconorecord.com - Stroudsburg, PA! Of course the company was only duped by the temp agencies into hiring the illegals! Our county assisted the company with $9 million in aid to create 'local' jobs and they ran after the shady temp agency for cheap labor.

By the way; this happened about 17 miles from my house and thousands of miles from the homes of the illegal immigrants - it can happen anyplace! To the best of my knowledge nobody in Iridium was ever fined or sentenced to jail because of their 'problem'. I don't even think they caught up with the temp agency or, if they did, it was not a big news maker. It would not even surprise me if the illegal workers were never deported.

You do realize how corporate America is using more and more temporary workers; I wonder why?
the Temp Agencies are required to run I 9 and verify to the US Gov. and the employer to make sure all is in order.
That agency should be reported you if you feel there is something wrong. You as a citizen may have to step forward an report. Or go to your local news to see if they will investigate your claim.

Obama has turned our economy into temps and contractors with Obama Care, which may be a factor.

The other questions how many engineers in your area has been outsourced to India.????

Old 07-01-2016, 07:23 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
About half of the country's 1.1 million hired farm hands are estimated to be undocumented...,An enforcement-only approach to immigration would further shrink the supply of farm hands, thereby driving up labor costs. The study finds that farmers would have to raise wages to $26.57 per hour from an average today of $10.80 to replace undocumented workers.
Higher wages sound great, assuming enough Americans would pick berries and tomatoes. But they haven't in the past. More likely is that many of these jobs would vanish as farmers grew less here, moved more production overseas, or shifted to crops that can be harvested with machines.

Using 2012 data from the Pew Research Center and workforce data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, they found that, across different industries, about 6.8 million workers without documentation were employed. Overall, removing all undocumented immigrants would cause private sector output to decline by between $381.5 billion and $623.2 billion. This translates to a 2.9 percent to 4.7 percent reduction in total annual output from the private sector."

Sometimes you gotta be careful about what you wish for
Oh well IF farm wages go UP cause of no illegal aliens. Too; MOST illegal aliens DON'T do farm work, their despicable kind DO push down wages for Americans in even skilled trades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration