Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 05:34 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,903,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post
Texas Valedictorian, Scholarship Recipient Under Fire for Tweeting She's Undocumented.

Even if she's protected under DACA, this is a pretty bold thing to do. I'm not entirely sure how she thought that was something to brag about. I'm sure there are tons of people living legally here who didn't get scholarships.
Wrong on so many levels. Non Citizens should not be allowed to enjoy any benefits that should go to Americans Citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 05:41 PM

63,299 posts, read 29,383,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post
If she loves this country, she's an American full and full. Yes she broke the law coming her, but if we really are a nation founded on Judeo-Christian Values, the Bible says:

Congratulations on this girl's accomplishments! To those who say she didn't deserve it: to be a valedictorian (at least when I went to high school) means you got the highest GPA, nothing to do with any other factor.

Loving this country does not make you a citizen of it. God also said to obey the laws of the land and not to take from others what doesn't belong to you.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:48 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,550,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post
If she loves this country, she's an American full and full. Yes she broke the law coming her, but if we really are a nation founded on Judeo-Christian Values, the Bible says:

r.
Also says a lot of stuff about not coveting, stealing, lying, etc.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Should have said not enough people give a damn.

The bottom fell out of the home building business in the mid 80s in Texas. Anybody who needed work had to leave or start selling cars.

The general public just wants a good price on their house. Do they ask who is building it? If it has stainless and granite in the kitchen along with fake wood floors they are ok with illegals.

Anybody going out for dinner wants a decent meal for a good price. Do they ask if the kitchen help is legal? It is common knowledge the kitchen help and bus people are illegal. Restaurants are still full.

The same politicians who make life easy for them also wail about illegals for the base.

I take it back. Ninety per cent of Americans do not care. If they did, it would not be a topic on CD.

There is a tract of homes across the street from me that was mostly built by illegal labor. They weren't priced any lower than homes that were build by legitimate workers. The workmanship was so shoddy that many of the owners up and left them and no the buyers did not know that illegals built them. So yes law abiding Americans do care.

Since when do we have the right inquire about the status of a restaurant worker and do you actually think that the owner would tell you the truth? Why don't you back up your claims that 90% of Americans don't care about illegal immigration? I'll wait. Why do you think that Trump is getting so much support?

Old 06-11-2016, 06:14 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,951,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lead the way. Get some of your boys together and deport her.

Either that, or come to grips with the fact that your conservative paradise is a sanctuary state for illegals.

Can't accept THAT, can you?
If I had my way: Obama and his "boys" need to be tried and convicted for ALLOWING illegal aliens to stay in the US. I'd slam Bush 43 but, he's been out of the White House for more than 7 years now.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:04 AM

6,245 posts, read 3,636,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I didn't say that you were a racist. If I thought you were, I wouldn't hesitate to tell you.

And it's got nothing to do with reading comprehension...the response I gave is relevant to your comment. It wasn't a non sequitur.

If you've lived in both places, then you should know better.
It's been 6 years since I left Austin, so why would I claim to know what's going on currently with the high school population there? Things change. And apparently, for the worse.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:25 AM

24,114 posts, read 15,217,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is a tract of homes across the street from me that was mostly built by illegal labor. They weren't priced any lower than homes that were build by legitimate workers. The workmanship was so shoddy that many of the owners up and left them and no the buyers did not know that illegals built them. So yes law abiding Americans do care.

Since when do we have the right inquire about the status of a restaurant worker and do you actually think that the owner would tell you the truth? Why don't you back up your claims that 90% of Americans don't care about illegal immigration? I'll wait. Why do you think that Trump is getting so much support?
NOv. 27,2015 CSM DH gets it online and a hard copy. He considers it to be a legitimate news source.

When I'm spending my money anywhere, I have a duty to know what I'm buying.

I am amused at all the people bitching and moaning for years about illegals in the USA, but it is their dollars that enable it.

Are you telling me that the beloved and revered American business owner would lie to a customer?

Old 06-13-2016, 06:55 AM

Quote:
NOv. 27,2015 CSM DH gets it online and a hard copy. He considers it to be a legitimate news source.

When I'm spending my money anywhere, I have a duty to know what I'm buying.

I am amused at all the people bitching and moaning for years about illegals in the USA, but it is their dollars that enable it.

Are you telling me that the beloved and revered American business owner would lie to a customer?

Law abiding Americans do not enable illegal aliens. Unfortunately, those who are not put greed above loyalty to our country and our laws. Law abiding Americans do not deserve this.

Of course those greedy business owners would lie about hiring illegal aliens.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:09 AM

24,114 posts, read 15,217,629 times
Willfully ignorant law abiding American citizens enable this.

For now, we are only sharing opinion and our ignorance.

I'm gonna listen to Jery Garcia and Merl Staunton. "It's No Use" on Spoitify

You can pull it on You Tube.

Live long and prosper.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Willfully ignorant law abiding American citizens enable this.

For now, we are only sharing opinion and our ignorance.

I'm gonna listen to Jery Garcia and Merl Staunton. "It's No Use" on Spoitify

You can pull it on You Tube.

Live long and prosper.

It's not about willful ignorance on the part of law abiding Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration