Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 08:38 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post

I don't like massive immigration, period. Legal or illegal. It is akin to slavery because of the cheap labor incentives. But I have nothing personally against the Mexicans. To call them lazy is just preposterous because it is plainly evident that they are not.
Same here. I don't think they're lazy, dirty, or bad people.

However, their presence here is a burden. Simple as.

I'm also in favor of ending work-based immigration for white collar professions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 09:07 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,836 times
Year 2025.............Dial 1 for Spanish....dial 2 for English.....

Old 07-27-2016, 09:14 AM

1,733 posts, read 949,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Think about this.
Trump was trashed for bringing out the mother of a Benghazi victim who told her story of pain and how her son was left out to die and how Hillary lied to her face about it.
Her son was a Patriot who served his country and died because Hillary was playing politics.

At the DNC they allow an illegal alien to take the podium with no fear despite breaking the law and the liberal media eats it up.

Clinton is pandering to the illegal aliens and it shows who she is really for.

The brave patriot dies and the law breakers are held up to live a good life.

It is insane times we live in and it is sick.

Good post, and I agree.

Has anyone considered that allowing an illegal to speak at the DNC speaks to the state our country is in, ie laws are for some, not all? The DNC builds a 4 mile long, 8 ' tall fence around the convention center which blocks legal citizens from entering the facility yet the illegals are welcomed with cheers and open arms.
Pathetic.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:54 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,436,661 times
You all are exactly right, those of us that work in Law Enforcement are very frustrated, and ashamed of the U.S.
To violate Federal Law and let illegal immigrants speak at a National Political Convention is a travesty. The people or party that had these guest speakers have no respect for the Laws of the United States! Furthermore; they will have Parents of U.S. Citizen criminals speak too, which is another travesty and another topic. This is slap in the face of our Local Police in the U.S. and shows lack of respect for the Police in the United States. I hope enough people, like myself, want a Sovereign Nation again! Make America Sovereign again should be Trump/Pence's new slogan!

Old 07-27-2016, 02:07 PM

199 posts, read 176,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
Illegal Immigrant speaks at Democratic National Convention!

An Illegal Immigrant from Mexico spoke against Trump separating families at the Convention (I am not watching it! Heard it on radio).

I only wish ICE - Immigration & Customs Enforcement would have appeared and arrested the illegal immigrants on the scene. It's sad because of the current administration and Obama, ICE can't do their job, they are restricted from enforcing the Federal Laws now. ICE sure had the authority to come in there are arrest those illegals, but they are being held back from using their authority currently. It is a shame!

I will not watch the Democratic convention because they will have illegals, pro gay people , and criminal's parents speaking. I stand for everything they don't want.

I have hope we can return to be a Sovereign Nation soon!!
Nothing wrong with gay people. We are Americans too! It is hypocritical of an illegal child to talk about the supposed fear of having her parents deported on National TV and at an official DNC event. Couldn't be THAT scared, obviously.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:09 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,217,971 times
title of this thread pretty much sums up what's wrong with our country.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:43 PM

14,956 posts, read 12,166,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
Thank you for all the responses. I believe the legal immigrants (whom I respect) have done the right thing. I know people who have done things legally and come here from South America, and I have much respect for them. I know most of the legal immigrants greatly dislike the illegal population. They resent what they did legally, went to interviews, payed $1000-$2000 dollars, and waited for approval.

I don't think the legal immigrants will be voting for Clinton! And, the illegals can't vote. And, they better be sure to not allow the illegals to vote.
Unfortunately, I think that is precisely what they will do. Why else would they be fighting against voter ID laws so much?

Old 07-27-2016, 05:15 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Good post, and I agree.

Has anyone considered that allowing an illegal to speak at the DNC speaks to the state our country is in, ie laws are for some, not all? The DNC builds a 4 mile long, 8 ' tall fence around the convention center which blocks legal citizens from entering the facility yet the illegals are welcomed with cheers and open arms.
Pathetic.

Pathetic is good. Another word in mine, I cannot repeat! Democrats are snake in the grass

Pathetic stupid naïve and ignorant at the same time., this Country under D control, we be a hell hole.

Old 07-27-2016, 06:14 PM

9,538 posts, read 16,530,025 times
I thought it was a disgrace and shut it off. It was an insult to the millions of immigrants that have come here legally. Including my own family that came from Ireland to Boston. I never see them mention anything, about legal iimmgrants. People that immediately needed to ft in and adjust to life here. People that had to wait their turn to come here.

A country that can't maintain its borders, and stoops to the level the DNC did. In my opinion doesn't care about its law abiding citizens at all.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:23 AM

24,503 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Good post, and I agree.

Pathetic.

The Dems are the definition of a Hypocrite.

I saw a photo this morning on facebook from Mike Pence from the DNC that read " Attention All Delegates, photo ID is required for credential pick up, Please have photo ID out and ready"

Pence commented "If the Dems think that to require a photo ID to vote is racist, why do they require a ID to enter the convention?"

HYPOCRITES !

I think it is terrific that the Dems want to champion the rights of the little guy and give them a voice at the big table BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF THE REST OF US !

We have laws for a reason and the Dems seem to think nothing of bending or even breaking them.

The DNC willingly harbored an illegal alien at their convention. What will they do next bring a member of isis to the podium to let him tell us all how great islam is and how we are all infidels?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration