Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 10:41 AM

63,085 posts, read 29,276,624 times

Advertisements

He's all upset that Trump is going to crack down on his citizens coming here illegally. All those remittances that they send back to Mexico will come to a screaming halt and he will have deal with his own people now. Poor baby.

Mexico president blasts Trump's policies as 'huge threat' after meeting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 12:59 PM

52,803 posts, read 34,700,369 times
he's in panic mode now.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:06 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,208,154 times
Nieto doesn't seem to me to be as bad as Fox and Calderon were. I really don't follow Mexican politics much, though. Jorge Ramos is the one I can't stand. How did he go to the head of the line for American citizenship? US media is bad enough without adding to it.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:46 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,935,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He's all upset that Trump is going to crack down on his citizens coming here illegally. All those remittances that they send back to Mexico will come to a screaming halt and he will have deal with his own people now. Poor baby.

Mexico president blasts Trump's policies as 'huge threat' after meeting
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
he's in panic mode now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Nieto doesn't seem to me to be as bad as Fox and Calderon were. I really don't follow Mexican politics much, though. Jorge Ramos is the one I can't stand. How did he go to the head of the line for American citizenship? US media is bad enough without adding to it.
Mr Nieto: IF talking illegal aliens from Mexico; their kind are YOUR people so it's on YOU to help out. OTM's like from Guatemala and so on; against it's on Mr Nieto to do what's needed when their kind are in your country, the US doesn't want them. Period.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:04 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,208,154 times
Mr Nieto has been way more low key than his predecessors. Except for calling Trump Hitler early on, that was a little over the top. However, he did invite Trump to Mexico for a reasonable conversation and there is a better chance for some sort of meeting of the minds on the issue with Nieto than perhaps someone else.

I think the tone that was struck by Trump in that countries should work together in doing what is best for their respective populations was very good.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:12 PM

63,085 posts, read 29,276,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Mr Nieto has been way more low key than his predecessors. Except for calling Trump Hitler early on, that was a little over the top. However, he did invite Trump to Mexico for a reasonable conversation and there is a better chance for some sort of meeting of the minds on the issue with Nieto than perhaps someone else.

I think the tone that was struck by Trump in that countries should work together in doing what is best for their respective populations was very good.

I have the feeling that Nieto invited Trump to Mexico to play on his so-called softening on illegal immigration of late. I think he knew that wasn't the case after Trump started talking about the wall again. I couldn't help but notice the apparent dirty looks he was shooting at Trump during their appearance together.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:27 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,901,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have the feeling that Nieto invited Trump to Mexico to play on his so-called softening on illegal immigration of late. I think he knew that wasn't the case after Trump started talking about the wall again. I couldn't help but notice the apparent dirty looks he was shooting at Trump during their appearance together.

Agree. Nieto and other Hispanics 'leaders' were hoping to get Trump to change I stance on illegal immigration. When he doesn't, they're all like down with Trump. Most Hispanic only care about their group.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:23 PM

6,244 posts, read 3,626,598 times
Can we admit that Trump was spot on when he said Mexico wasn't sending their best? If Mexican migration to the US was a brain drain, they'd be fighting to keep their people in, not out!

Old 09-01-2016, 09:24 PM

13,585 posts, read 15,703,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Can we admit that Trump was spot on when he said Mexico wasn't sending their best? If Mexican migration to the US was a brain drain, they'd be fighting to keep their people in, not out!
Indeed.

Furthermore, what does Nieto hope to accomplish with his hand wringing? If he and his fellow countrymen do not like Trump's plans, what are they going to do about it -- invade us? Oh wait, they're already doing that...

Old 09-01-2016, 09:31 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,983,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Agree. Nieto and other Hispanics 'leaders' were hoping to get Trump to change I stance on illegal immigration. When he doesn't, they're all like down with Trump. Most Hispanic only care about their group.
Now aren't you throwing stones in glass houses with that statement of yours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration