Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 01:31 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
It seems he's changed his mind on illegals, now that he's the POTUS. On his interview with Fox, which will air in full tomorrow morning and throughout the day, he says he's going to have a heart about it, families are not going to be separated, (but American families will be, because they'll be taken from their families and put into jail) He didn't say what I posted in ( ) but they will. He says "they'll" be vetted, but he's just worried about getting the "criminals out." I guess he forgot they are criminals just from crossing the border. He needs to explain himself a little better. Like, is he going to let them stay here while they'll be fast tracked into the system, and we'll still have to support them while they drive around in their Lexus SUVS, popping out a baby every 9 months?! I'm so mad about this. Here's the video. The illegal (or should I say amnesty) starts at 5:40. http://insider.foxnews.com/201...

Why do illegals always get their way, even in our own country?? I finally thought, it's over, We, the American citizen finally won! Now, I'm not so sure. I guess the illegals knew something we didn't when they were laughing at Americans, flipping us off, and saying they weren't going anywhere, except shopping, with our money!
You have a bad link so I dont know what he said in the interview. One interview I saw a while back he made it pretty clear he was concerned foremost about the criminal illegal element. Did you really think on 1/21 he was going to go out rounding up every one who appeared to be an illegal immigrant and drive them over the border?
Eliminating the illegal immigrant problem is going to be a process of cracking down on the criminal and incarcerated element, enforcing existing immigration laws, e-verify, getting rid of NAFTA or taxing imports and exports (remittances). I never thought he had any intention of ripping families apart. If you remove the incentive and enforce the laws the problem will begin to take care of itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 03:23 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Trump never supported to round-up all illegals and deport them. I think - hope - for some come sense here:
- Deport all illegal CRIMINALS
- Dreamers (minors under 18) without a criminal record can get a path to citizenship
- All other illegals should either go back to their home country and apply for a visa, or get a permanent modified GC that never allows a path to citizenship (they can stay legally, are deportable in case of crimes, can never vote or bring relatives over)
- Build that wall
- Increase penalties on business that higher illegals
- End birthright citizenship

Listen, there must be consequences for people illegal here. Never be able to become a citizen works. They can come out of the 'shadows', but need to go back home, to the back of the line if they want to get into the official process.

I disagree agree about the Dreamers. They have done nothing to earn our citizenship. Besides, if you are for deporting their parents but allowing the Dreamers to stay wouldn't that be a separation of families? That's why the the whole family needs to go back to their homelands together. They should not be able to adjust their status on our soil. It's not fair to legal immigrants who played by the rules.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:07 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I disagree agree about the Dreamers. They have done nothing to earn our citizenship. Besides, if you are for deporting their parents but allowing the Dreamers to stay wouldn't that be a separation of families? That's why the the whole family needs to go back to their homelands together. They should not be able to adjust their status on our soil. It's not fair to legal immigrants who played by the rules.
The argument is that they didn't choose to be here legally. If you're brought over here when you're 2 you know nothing but being America. Tough to send them back to Colombia.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:23 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
It seems he's changed his mind on illegals, now that he's the POTUS. On his interview with Fox, which will air in full tomorrow morning and throughout the day, he says he's going to have a heart about it, families are not going to be separated, (but American families will be, because they'll be taken from their families and put into jail) He didn't say what I posted in ( ) but they will. He says "they'll" be vetted, but he's just worried about getting the "criminals out." I guess he forgot they are criminals just from crossing the border. He needs to explain himself a little better. Like, is he going to let them stay here while they'll be fast tracked into the system, and we'll still have to support them while they drive around in their Lexus SUVS, popping out a baby every 9 months?! I'm so mad about this. Here's the video. The illegal (or should I say amnesty) starts at 5:40. http://insider.foxnews.com/201...

Why do illegals always get their way, even in our own country?? I finally thought, it's over, We, the American citizen finally won! Now, I'm not so sure. I guess the illegals knew something we didn't when they were laughing at Americans, flipping us off, and saying they weren't going anywhere, except shopping, with our money!
Your own feelings on illegals are quite clear - get the Crims the F-out.

The simple fact is that we have not had any serious border enforcement from the 1980s until quite recently.

We (the USA) let them just keep coming and coming. We allowed families to stay. We gave special status refugee status to some nationalities (like Salvadoreans, Nicaraguans, Hondurans, Cubans). The migration continued to grow and began to include many South Americans and even some Africans and middle Easterners across our borders. You can call them illegal and criminal all you want but the US Govt - through many Administrations, just stood by and let them keep coming, mostly without providing for any formal visa paperwork or taking a very long time to get these items complete.

Now many of these folks have lived in the USA for a decade or more, many have US citizen children. Most of the long termers have jobs, pay taxes. Many of us (myself included) don't think it would be fair or just to round up these folks, imprison them and then ship them out. Trump hopefully feels similar.

Sure, Secure the border, deport any illegal convicted of a serious crime but that is very different than creating camps with millions of otherwise law abiding (US) residents.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:31 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
It is true, illegals always get their way. Trumps stance on illegal immigration was a primary reason why he was elected. This whole idea of "immigration reform" is nothing more than illegals telling the U.S. what immigration policy should be so they can relax immigration laws even further than they already are.
Agreed and, a LOT of illegal alien fans HATE it that Trump got elected POTUS.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post

The simple fact is that we have not had any serious border enforcement from the 1980s until quite recently.

We (the USA) let them just keep coming and coming. We allowed families to stay. We gave special status refugee status to some nationalities (like Salvadoreans, Nicaraguans, Hondurans, Cubans). The migration continued to grow and began to include many South Americans and even some Africans and middle Easterners across our borders. You can call them illegal and criminal all you want but the US Govt - through many Administrations, just stood by and let them keep coming, mostly without providing for any formal visa paperwork or taking a very long time to get these items complete.

Now many of these folks have lived in the USA for a decade or more, many have US citizen children. Most of the long termers have jobs, pay taxes. Many of us (myself included) don't think it would be fair or just to round up these folks, imprison them and then ship them out. Trump hopefully feels similar.

Sure, Secure the border, deport any illegal convicted of a serious crime but that is very different than creating camps with millions of otherwise law abiding (US) residents.
More and more of us want ILLEGAL aliens OUT.

Take a look at the Comments under Yahoo and so on about "sob story" pro illegal alien articles. MOST comments are AGAINST any kind of amnesty for those lawbreakers.

I don't care about "breaking up families", sorry.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
The argument is that they didn't choose to be here legally. If you're brought over here when you're 2 you know nothing but being America. Tough to send them back to Colombia.

It's a lame argument to remain here. It would be rewarding their law breaking parents for bringing them here. They can return to their homelands along with their parents. They already know the culture and language from their parents. Just because someone has only lived in one country all their lives doesn't mean they can't adjust to a new one. It happens all the time. What would you do with their parents then if you allowed their kids to remain here?

Old 01-18-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post

No, not "we" our corrupt government did this and we law abiding Americans are not going to pay for their negligence. It's not "fair" to us.

Here we go with the "round ups" nonsense again. All we expect is for our president to enforce the laws on the books and if all of the incentives were removed for them to be here many if not most would self-deport.

Law abiding? Not a one of them is law abiding. Just by holding a job here illegally by using a fake or stolen SS number or working for cash evading taxes does not make them law abiding. They are trespassers on our soil not legal residents.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:46 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's a lame argument to remain here. It would be rewarding their law breaking parents for bringing them here. They can return to their homelands along with their parents. They already know the culture and language from their parents. Just because someone has only lived in one country all their lives doesn't mean they can't adjust to a new one. It happens all the time. What would you do with their parents then if you allowed their kids to remain here?
Listen, in general I agree with you. However, if someone is 18 years old you expect them to go back? I guess my point is that during the immigration debate some compromises have to be made to get 60 senators sign off. This would be something a lot of people can live with. I think.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Listen, in general I agree with you. However, if someone is 18 years old you expect them to go back? I guess my point is that during the immigration debate some compromises have to be made to get 60 senators sign off. This would be something a lot of people can live with. I think.
Why not? Many illegal aliens brought to the US as small kids have been deported; they need to cuss out their parents for breaking the law, NOT be all mad at the US for enforcing its laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration