Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 08:26 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Why not? Many illegal aliens brought to the US as small kids have been deported; they need to cuss out their parents for breaking the law, NOT be all mad at the US for enforcing its laws.
How do you expect to pass immigration reform in the Senate? Give all illegals amnesty, or these so-called dreams? If you don't give in, you won't get the 8 additional Dems to override the filibuster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 09:00 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Listen, in general I agree with you. However, if someone is 18 years old you expect them to go back? I guess my point is that during the immigration debate some compromises have to be made to get 60 senators sign off. This would be something a lot of people can live with. I think.

You didn't answer by question. Wouldn't it be a separation of families to allow these Dreamers to remain here while deporting their parents? Yes, I expect the whole family to return to their homelands together. They are here illegally. There is no reason to compromise. It's not in the best interests of our own citizens and country. A lot of people are bleeding hearts. They think with emotion rather than common sense. I'm not one of them nor are many other Americans and thank God for that.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:15 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You didn't answer by question. Wouldn't it be a separation of families to allow these Dreamers to remain here while deporting their parents? Yes, I expect the whole family to return to their homelands together. They are here illegally. There is no reason to compromise. It's not in the best interests of our own citizens and country. A lot of people are bleeding hearts. They think with emotion rather than common sense. I'm not one of them nor are many other Americans and thank God for that.
If the parents are deported, the children have to either A. go with them if they're a minor (they can go back when they're a legal adult) or B. stay in the US if legally allowed. Yep, Dreamer: your parents f*d you.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:04 PM

1,059 posts, read 831,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
You are surprised he is 'waffling'? He got elected by making promises...like all the rest of them. He's a known Con Man and fraud...what did you expect?
Koale
. NO, I wrote I am NOT surprised... you misread. Plus I did not vote for him. Clear now?? He is the epitome of "Money doesn't buy class." I will get a time out if I write how I really feel.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:06 PM

1,059 posts, read 831,002 times
Quote:
How do you expect to pass immigration reform in the Senate? Give all illegals amnesty, or these so-called dreams? If you don't give in, you won't get the 8 additional Dems to override the filibuster.
It's not just Democrats... time to accept Repubs are no better in this category.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:08 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Why do we even need immigration reform? Just enforce the immigration and nationality laws as they currently are. Deport illegals, and no birthright citizenship for the children of illegal invader parents.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:34 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
The argument is that they didn't choose to be here legally. If you're brought over here when you're 2 you know nothing but being America. Tough to send them back to Colombia.
Why?

I couldn't wait to travel to other countries when I was 18.

In fact, I did it when I was 16 and 17 -- and I was by myself the second time.

Quote:
Harry Reid ended the filibuster when the dems were in control.

Mitch McConnell can pass it with 51 votes if he so chooses.

Republican senators will have to think twice before opposing -- because their constituents voted for Trump. Same goes for Democrat senators from states that voted for Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why do we even need immigration reform? Just enforce the immigration and nationality laws as they currently are. Deport illegals, and no birthright citizenship for the children of illegal invader parents.
Exactly.

Don't try to deport all 11-30 million at once, but do deport them individually as you catch them. Increase the number of border patrol and ICE agents and the number of detention beds and immigration judges. Use profiling and do interior enforcement (forbidden now.) Pass a law eliminating legal defenses to deportation.

Revoke visa privileges and cut off foreign aid to countries that refuse to take illegals back (Hillary could have done that as Secretary of State, but didn't.)

Institute mandatory e-verify for all employers.

Arrest and jail the majors of sanctuary cities and governors of sanctuary states for harboring illegal aliens (a felony with a 5 to 10 year prison sentence.)

Have a moratorium on legal immigration from all countries that are significant sources of illegal aliens.

Never give citizenship or legal residence to any illegal alien, period.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:01 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
The argument is that they didn't choose to be here legally. If you're brought over here when you're 2 you know nothing but being America. Tough to send them back to Colombia.
Colombia? Sorry, I might come off as nit picky, but the "birthright" kids and kids brought over as youngsters are mostly from Mexico and Central America, not South America. Huge pet peeve of mine! Not important but still gets under my skin. I apologize.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:02 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
This!!!

Old 01-19-2017, 07:16 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
If the parents are deported, the children have to either A. go with them if they're a minor (they can go back when they're a legal adult) or B. stay in the US if legally allowed. Yep, Dreamer: your parents f*d you.
The pro-illegals think that the parents should be able to remain here with their kids. They refuse to see or accept any other options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration