Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 12:41 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times

Advertisements

It seems he's changed his mind on illegals, now that he's the POTUS. On his interview with Fox, which will air in full tomorrow morning and throughout the day, he says he's going to have a heart about it, families are not going to be separated, (but American families will be, because they'll be taken from their families and put into jail) He didn't say what I posted in ( ) but they will. He says "they'll" be vetted, but he's just worried about getting the "criminals out." I guess he forgot they are criminals just from crossing the border. He needs to explain himself a little better. Like, is he going to let them stay here while they'll be fast tracked into the system, and we'll still have to support them while they drive around in their Lexus SUVS, popping out a baby every 9 months?! I'm so mad about this. Here's the video. The illegal (or should I say amnesty) starts at 5:40. http://insider.foxnews.com/201...

Why do illegals always get their way, even in our own country?? I finally thought, it's over, We, the American citizen finally won! Now, I'm not so sure. I guess the illegals knew something we didn't when they were laughing at Americans, flipping us off, and saying they weren't going anywhere, except shopping, with our money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 01:43 AM

1,059 posts, read 830,831 times
I am not surprised Trump is waffling. Stemming illegal aliens from crossing the border, sending back illegals already here (and letting them apply to come back), getting rid of illegals who committed felonies, blah, blah, blah are the main reasons he was elected in the first place.

I am afraid we will still have the illegal alien problem long after Trump is out of office.

I too wonder why illegals get away with invading our country and not only receive taxpayer-paid benefits, but snub their noses at us. The problem is so out of control, yet no one -- on either side -- has done anything about it. We didn't have the overwhelming illegal problem before 1986 and the country got along fine. Makes me wonder who did the construction, restaurant work, gardening, etc. back then. Oh, yeah, as my dad used to say, "teen-agers and college students." Those jobs were never meant to support families; the jobs were stepping stones into the future for young citizens.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:13 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Jess5, It's not the illegals, it's Trump that is flipping y'all off! My God, I've been saying this from the beginning. The super wealthy in this country ( big home builders for instance, in my area) have no desire to have illegals leave, they are cheap labor. Who suffers from it? Working and middle class Americans.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:15 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
It seems he's changed his mind on illegals, now that he's the POTUS. On his interview with Fox, which will air in full tomorrow morning and throughout the day, he says he's going to have a heart about it, families are not going to be separated, (but American families will be, because they'll be taken from their families and put into jail) He didn't say what I posted in ( ) but they will. He says "they'll" be vetted, but he's just worried about getting the "criminals out." I guess he forgot they are criminals just from crossing the border. He needs to explain himself a little better. Like, is he going to let them stay here while they'll be fast tracked into the system, and we'll still have to support them while they drive around in their Lexus SUVS, popping out a baby every 9 months?! I'm so mad about this. Here's the video. The illegal (or should I say amnesty) starts at 5:40. http://insider.foxnews.com/201...

Why do illegals always get their way, even in our own country?? I finally thought, it's over, We, the American citizen finally won! Now, I'm not so sure. I guess the illegals knew something we didn't when they were laughing at Americans, flipping us off, and saying they weren't going anywhere, except shopping, with our money!
The only thing I can say to make you feel better is that all of the other candidates would have been even worse on this issue.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:15 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Jess5, It's not the illegals, it's Trump that is flipping y'all off! My God, I've been saying this from the beginning. The super wealthy in this country ( big home builders for instance, in my area) have no desire to have illegals leave, they are cheap labor. Who suffers from it? Working and middle class Americans.

No, the illegals are flipping us off also. They have been emboldened for so long now that their arrogance and sense of entitlement is the same as flipping us off.

One doesn't have to separate families. They can all return to their homelands together. I will just wait and see what Trump does with those who aren't "convicted" criminals. He has to at least remove their temporary stays of deportation and enforce the laws on the books as they are found. If he removes all of the incentives for them to remain here along with that he will have fulfilled his promises, IMO.

By the way Jess, your link says "page not found".

Old 01-18-2017, 08:07 AM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,780,990 times
Trump never supported to round-up all illegals and deport them. I think - hope - for some come sense here:
- Deport all illegal CRIMINALS
- Dreamers (minors under 18) without a criminal record can get a path to citizenship
- All other illegals should either go back to their home country and apply for a visa, or get a permanent modified GC that never allows a path to citizenship (they can stay legally, are deportable in case of crimes, can never vote or bring relatives over)
- Build that wall
- Increase penalties on business that higher illegals
- End birthright citizenship

Listen, there must be consequences for people illegal here. Never be able to become a citizen works. They can come out of the 'shadows', but need to go back home, to the back of the line if they want to get into the official process.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:49 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
When he started in his campaign to waffle on illegal immigration, I stopped the donations and told my husband, "since they will be sucking down all the Medicaid dollars, we will continue to need our money to fill in the gaps created by their demand on our Medicaid system/housing since we have the adult son with Down syndrome who was already cheated in school because "English as a Second Language" was part of the Special Education Budget and gobbling up all the funding!

We all know why our government is soft on illegals! The politicians get money put in their pockets to keep their mouths shut about it! Also, people like Bill Clinton want to see the flow of illegal drugs into the country to support their habits!

Both wealthy Republicans and Democrats make $$$$ off the backs of the illegals while we subsidize them with our tax dollars!

They are destroying our country one city at a time. They come in and you start the move toward 3rd world conditions. Run down housing and disease. It is just a fact! Of course, those with money leave and live outside the area while having their illegal nannies/maids/gardeners come in from the city.

They are all criminals. Ship the families back together, as far as I know, we don't keep anyone from leaving the country.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:56 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,410,495 times
Cool huh???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I am not surprised Trump is waffling. Stemming illegal aliens from crossing the border, sending back illegals already here (and letting them apply to come back), getting rid of illegals who committed felonies, blah, blah, blah are the main reasons he was elected in the first place.

I am afraid we will still have the illegal alien problem long after Trump is out of office.

I too wonder why illegals get away with invading our country and not only receive taxpayer-paid benefits, but snub their noses at us. The problem is so out of control, yet no one -- on either side -- has done anything about it. We didn't have the overwhelming illegal problem before 1986 and the country got along fine. Makes me wonder who did the construction, restaurant work, gardening, etc. back then. Oh, yeah, as my dad used to say, "teen-agers and college students." Those jobs were never meant to support families; the jobs were stepping stones into the future for young citizens.
You are surprised he is 'waffling'? He got elected by making promises...like all the rest of them. He's a known Con Man and fraud...what did you expect?
Koale

Old 01-18-2017, 10:28 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
You are surprised he is 'waffling'? He got elected by making promises...like all the rest of them. He's a known Con Man and fraud...what did you expect?
Koale
To us the Con Men were all the other elected Presidents! They are the ones, that after elected, forgot who elected them. - we did not have enough money and they turned their backs on us for their Pay to Play friends. Trump is not in office; maybe he will remember who elected him or he will not - we will have to wait and see.

So far many of us feel that he did not forget us. We have never had a President that threw 'appreciation' rallies for his constituents. We also never had a President that, before he got elected, actively worked to secure jobs for Americans. We have never had a President that continually repeats his campaign pledges after he was elected.

In less than two days he will be sworn in - then we will see the truth. Are you nervous - you could be wrong!

Old 01-18-2017, 10:49 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
It is true, illegals always get their way. Trumps stance on illegal immigration was a primary reason why he was elected. This whole idea of "immigration reform" is nothing more than illegals telling the U.S. what immigration policy should be so they can relax immigration laws even further than they already are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration